Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   anyone with experience selling with Greg Morris Cards? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=275024)

BenitoMcNamara 10-23-2019 11:16 AM

anyone with experience selling with Greg Morris Cards?

I have roughly 1000 commons and 200 stars/hof players (nothing huge) from 1951-1970. Im looking to sell them to ultimately buy one nice card, so id like to get the most i can. Duh, everyones wants that. I Listed about 100 cards all for auction last month and like 30 of them ended up being bought by a Greg morris cards anyways. So i figure if they can buy them from me and still turn profit by selling them, why not just go through them in the first place?
Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with them and if you thought it was the right way to go.

Promethius88 10-23-2019 01:33 PM

I used them to move about 500 cards early this year. I had a positive experience and it saved me a ton of work. They will really cherry pick the cards as they want to make sure it is worth their time and effort. I sent them over 700 cards and just over 500 ended up being listed. The cost for cards that sell under $10 gets pricey percentage wise so I would make sure they are going to bring at least $4-5 or more. Commons they will want in higher grade and while stars and sp's they seem to accept in a little lower grade. I know the gentleman I dealt with is no longer there but the staff was very helpful. I would recommend calling them and they will give you a great idea how they handled the consignments and what they are looking for. As I said, it really saved me a ton of time listing individually and cleared out some space for some other stuff. Good luck to you!

BenitoMcNamara 10-23-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Promethius88 (Post 1925775)
I used them to move about 500 cards early this year. I had a positive experience and it saved me a ton of work. They will really cherry pick the cards as they want to make sure it is worth their time and effort. I sent them over 700 cards and just over 500 ended up being listed. The cost for cards that sell under $10 gets pricey percentage wise so I would make sure they are going to bring at least $4-5 or more. Commons they will want in higher grade and while stars and sp's they seem to accept in a little lower grade. I know the gentleman I dealt with is no longer there but the staff was very helpful. I would recommend calling them and they will give you a great idea how they handled the consignments and what they are looking for. As I said, it really saved me a ton of time listing individually and cleared out some space for some other stuff. Good luck to you!

thanks for the response! ive been in touch with someone from GregMorris today, and he was really helpful. Along with the trouble of having to list every card/mailing them all out, im hoping that their eBay following will help a common get maybe 4 bucks instead of $1.25 on my ebay auction, and therefore making it work paying their fee.

Republicaninmass 10-23-2019 02:27 PM

Can you tell me who you spoke with, via pm or otherwise? I sent inquiry over their website and didnt get any response a few months back.

Thank you and good luck with the sales

judgebuck 10-31-2019 06:54 PM

I've got several thousand 1959-68 Topps BB commons as well as several hundred stars (mostly VG/VG-EX) that I would like to consign to Greg Morris. I have the commons divided and boxed into 35 or so lots that are ready to sell. One question I have is: How do I get this to him at a reasonable shipping cost?

jchcollins 11-01-2019 11:20 AM

I can attest to the Greg Morris "name" being a huge factor in selling raw cards, especially stars. I sold them an EX-MT '56 Clemente last year for maybe $200 something on ebay. Noticed it was someone affiliated with GM when completing the deal It was a nice card, but nothing that anyone should have expected to grade a PSA 8 or anything like that - it was obvious from both my scan and then the one that they used. Greg Morris sold it, the exact same card, raw - a month later for over $500. I couldn't believe it.