Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Nolan Ryan Foundation Mail-ins (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=267609)

Santo10Fan 04-03-2019 09:00 PM

Nolan Ryan Foundation Mail-ins

Has anyone used Nolan Ryan's mail in autograph service through the NR Foundation? I am planning on using it this spring and can post results here for posterity.

7nohitter 04-04-2019 05:41 AM

I haven't in over a decade...the whole outfit has changed and is more 'corporate' now.

But I've never had an issue!

BillyCoxDodgers3B 04-04-2019 07:47 AM

They used to be great when it was just run by two ladies. Everything was signed just as you requested and their holograms were placed on the item exactly where you asked.

Then they moved, new people are running it and doing a terrible job. They're putting holograms on the fronts of trading cards! Things are getting mangled, not signed in requested pen/marker colors, etc. To add insult to injury, they hiked the fees way up!

Do not use this service! Wait for a private signing to (hopefully) ensure proper treatment of your items.

Fuddjcal 04-04-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyCox3 (Post 1867619)
They used to be great when it was just run by two ladies. Everything was signed just as you requested and their holograms were placed on the item exactly where you asked.

Then they moved, new people are running it and doing a terrible job. They're putting holograms on the fronts of trading cards! Things are getting mangled, not signed in requested pen/marker colors, etc. To add insult to injury, they hiked the fees way up!

Do not use this service! Wait for a private signing to (hopefully) ensure proper treatment of your items.

My Nolan Ryan signature has faded completely off the Selig Ball. No need

Santo10Fan 04-04-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyCox3 (Post 1867619)

Ok thanks. My plan was for the 69 Topps, but I was not 100 percent comfortable with mailing in even a remotely EX copy. I generally go ex-mt or lower, centered, with clean surface for any of my big vintage autos. Pete rose dinged my buddy's 1970 Topps with his cufflink during a signing, which he had removed from a NM 7 PSA slab. I had warned him against having any NM cards signed because they get handled by the signer. With this service, it seems at least two separate people would be handling, greatly increasing the margin for error.

felada 04-04-2019 05:29 PM

I sent my ‘68 in a few years ago and had no issues.