Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   eBay Sort Capability Change (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=265288)

Stampsfan 02-01-2019 01:21 AM

eBay Sort Capability Change

I'm wondering if this has changed for others. I would drill down to "Shop by Category", select "Baseball trading Cards", and then put in my search criteria. So I would enter something like (as an example):
T206 Cobb -rp -reprint -refractor"

It would return me the results, and there was an option to then sort the results in a drop down box. Some things you could enter are "Ending Soonest", "Newly Listed", Highest Price First", etc.

I notice today that drop down box is no longer there. Is this happening to anyone else?

As typically a buyer, I only want to see the newest items and not scroll through a bunch of listings I've already seen.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a workaround for this?

jasonc 02-01-2019 02:26 AM

I am aware of the drop down box, over on the right side after you do your search, it came up for me:

Sort: Best Match

Best Match
Time: ending soonest
Time: newly listed
Price + Shipping: lowest first
Price + Shipping: highest first
Price: lowest first
Price: highest first
Distance: nearest first
View: LIST

I actually use this a lot.

Jim65 02-01-2019 05:13 AM

Its still there for me.

bnorth 02-01-2019 07:15 AM

Still there for me. They seem to change stuff all the time and usually change it back after a few days.

Last week when I would do a search only "sponsored items" would show up. I would have to click on a new button that said "show all search results".

Ronnie73 02-01-2019 07:36 AM

Sometimes a page will not load completely and leave out buttons and options. Happens more and more often on my laptop. For me, the issue is my laptop is getting old and slowing down with every request.

packs 02-01-2019 10:44 AM

My eBay problem is that every time I search something it reverts back to all categories instead of searching within the category I was already in. It's so annoying.

Michael B 02-01-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1851152)
My eBay problem is that every time I search something it reverts back to all categories instead of searching within the category I was already in. It's so annoying.

I noticed that also, then I figured out the hack to stop that. As an example you were looking in the postcard category of collectibles. You wanted to see all baseball postcards, including that word in the description. The box to check in the description no longer appears for the initial search so you type in 'baseball' and get all of the postcards with that word in the title. Once the results appear, then the box to check within the description appears. As you said 'all categories' appears in the box in the upper right. If you click on that box you will see your original search above 'all categories'. In this case you will see 'collectibles' with the sub category 'postcards' above it. Click on postcards, check the description box, and you will search just that category.

Stampsfan 02-01-2019 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Weird. It still is not appearing. I've tried it here at work both yesterday and today, as well as with my personal device at home late last night. I have drilled down to "Baseball Trading Cards", and entered my search criteria.

This is the URL:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...tor&_sacat=213

... and this is what I see:
Attachment 342982

Really frustrating, as I don't have the time to try and find new items in every category. It doesn't matter what level I do the search in. Notice there is not even a count on the number of items my search returned.

cardinalcollector 02-01-2019 01:22 PM

Sometimes changing a browser can give Ebay a different look.

chalupacollects 02-01-2019 01:45 PM

Try clearing your browsers cache that might fix the problem...

irv 02-01-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampsfan (Post 1851178)
Weird. It still is not appearing. I've tried it here at work both yesterday and today, as well as with my personal device at home late last night. I have drilled down to "Baseball Trading Cards", and entered my search criteria.

This is the URL:

Attachment 342982

Really frustrating, as I don't have the time to try and find new items in every category. It doesn't matter what level I do the search in. Notice there is not even a count on the number of items my search returned.

I've noticed all the left side options are no longer there either. Choosing originals, reprints, sold items, PSA, new, used, etc, etc, etc?
Hopefully this isn't the new ebay?

I regularly cleaned, scan and reboot my computer so I don't think it has anything to do with updates or junk on my computer.

chalupacollects 02-01-2019 04:39 PM

This is the URL:

Attachment 342982

Really frustrating, as I don't have the time to try and find new items in every category. It doesn't matter what level I do the search in. Notice there is not even a count on the number of items my search returned.[/QUOTE]

Using the above url I get drop downs for condition, delivery options and sort by best match.. I am using Edge as a browser,

Stampsfan 02-02-2019 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupacollects (Post 1851253)
Using the above url I get drop downs for condition, delivery options and sort by best match.. I am using Edge as a browser,

That's a good bit of advice (thank you), so I tried it. I was using Chrome. However, using Edge yields the same results. I now get "Price Grouping" type options at the top (which I don't recall seeing before), and not the drop down box I'm looking for. You’ll see on my screen capture three “buttons” breaking down the display by prices “Under $35”, $35-$7,500”, and “Over $7,500”.

My guess is this is a new release, but strange not all of us are getting it. If I run eBay.ca (for us Canadians), the old user interface is still there. Not the solution I was looking for, as some seller’s items do not show up there.

chalupacollects 02-02-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampsfan (Post 1851354)
That's a good bit of advice (thank you), so I tried it. I was using Chrome. However, using Edge yields the same results. I now get "Price Grouping" type options at the top (which I don't recall seeing before), and not the drop down box I'm looking for. You’ll see on my screen capture three “buttons” breaking down the display by prices “Under $35”, $35-$7,500”, and “Over $7,500”.

My guess is this is a new release, but strange not all of us are getting it. If I run eBay.ca (for us Canadians), the old user interface is still there. Not the solution I was looking for, as some seller’s items do not show up there.

Ahh I am on regular USA ebay, maybe that's the differnence...