Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Milwaukee Card Show Saturday, May 5, 2018 - Last one! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=254567)

Tony Gordon 05-03-2018 02:20 PM

Milwaukee Card Show Saturday, May 5, 2018 - Last one!

My last show at the Four Points Sheraton, 5311 S. Howell, in Milwaukee, is set from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 5, 2018. I'm getting screwed over by the hotel, so this will be my last show. I appreciate all the support from everyone here at Net54 during these past four years as I ran this show. Thank you!

FourStrikes 05-03-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Gordon (Post 1772859)
My last show at the Four Points Sheraton, 5311 S. Howell, in Milwaukee, is set from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 5, 2018. I'm getting screwed over by the hotel, so this will be my last show. I appreciate all the support from everyone here at Net54 during these past four years as I ran this show. Thank you!

Good Luck, Tony! I'm in SoCal, and wish we had "regular" shows! woulda supported the SoCal meet-up this past weekend but was out of town...hoping you find another location if you're so inclined - local shows rock!

Beansballcardblog 05-03-2018 04:10 PM

Can't promise that it will reach anyone in your area, but I have 3k followers (most are card collectors) and I tweeted this thread out.

Good luck, and I hope that you can secure another location. Shows are so good for the hobby and they are rare in so many areas.

-kin

Rich Klein 05-03-2018 05:21 PM

Tony:

I know the feeling; if it was not for the help of Kyle Robertson, the other local DFW show promoter, our rate would have doubled this year. Kyle stepped in and got us a rate similar to his and I feel your pain and will probably have to look for a new location in 2019.

Meanwhile, take your newfound time and come down to one of my shows :P

Rich

whitehse 05-03-2018 05:43 PM

I have been to your show three or four times and found it to be filled with great dealers and got some good deals there. I hope you can secure a new location as I enjoyed coming to the show.

Tony Gordon 05-03-2018 10:17 PM

Thanks guys! Rich, I'll definitely get out there!!

Tim Fritz 05-03-2018 10:39 PM

Sorry to hear that Tony. I was hoping to make it to your show again this summer.

I’ll stop by your table soon. You’re always my favorite dealer in the area.

buymycards 05-04-2018 05:47 AM

Hi Tony

Hi Tony,

I enjoyed your show as a customer and I enjoyed your show when I set up as a dealer. You always take the time to talk to everyone and you usually make it a point to buy something from each of your dealers.

Thank you for making the effort to put on a good show. We appreciate it very much! I wish I could have made it to more of your shows, but it is a 6 hour round trip for me. Please let me know if your find another venue.

Rick