Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   eBay filter ideas (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=239513)

iowadoc77 05-09-2017 06:27 PM

eBay filter ideas

After looking at my eBay following searches and seeing the same crap over and over, I have a couple ideas for filters to minimize search agony
1. No Deans Cards
2. Sh*t that is priced 2 or more times what any sane individual would pay for said card
3. Cards that have been listed for over 2 years straight at the same stupid price
4. Crap that doesn't fit the search but the seller has added tags to get people to look at their useless reprints or garbage
Anyone else have thoughts on limiting these bogged down searches?

ullmandds 05-09-2017 06:28 PM

Any mention in description of "attic" or great/grandparent!

Aquarian Sports Cards 05-09-2017 06:31 PM

certainly not allowing reprints or art cards to pop up under Pre-War would be nice.

iowadoc77 05-09-2017 06:33 PM

Also

Maybe limit breathtaking and spectacular and pack fresh
And anything with battlefield in it!

JollyElm 05-09-2017 06:47 PM

This is what I put in every single search these days:
- (dean, pwcc, burbank, probstein)

Of course, if you happen to be searching for a Dean Chance card, you'll have a bit of a problem.

iowadoc77 05-09-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1659776)
This is what I put in every single search these days:
- (dean, pwcc, burbank, probstein)

Of course, if you happen to be searching for a Dean Chance card, you'll have a bit of a problem.

Does anything pop up in your searches?:eek:

JollyElm 05-09-2017 07:57 PM

Just the good stuff. No garbage.

polakoff 05-10-2017 06:57 PM

OP - you can accomplish all this with filters already in place and a bit of creativity. It's a bit of a pain but what I do is run one search with all the filters in place, bookmark the results, and then go there every time I want to search. Then it's a matter of changing the search terms rather than the filters.

1. No Deans Cards - on the left filters click on "more refinements" then go to Seller - the rest should be self explanatory
2. Sh*t that is priced 2 or more times what any sane individual would pay for said card - set a top price in the price range
3. Cards that have been listed for over 2 years straight at the same stupid price - sort by newly listed
4. Crap that doesn't fit the search but the seller has added tags to get people to look at their useless reprints or garbage - set your exclusion search terms - I generally buy raw so mine are like this: -(psa,bgs,bvg,sgc,reprint,rp,signed,auto,autograph)

megalimey 05-10-2017 07:59 PM

new listings

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowadoc77 (Post 1659768)
After looking at my eBay following searches and seeing the same crap over and over, I have a couple ideas for filters to minimize search agony
1. No Deans Cards
2. Sh*t that is priced 2 or more times what any sane individual would pay for said card
3. Cards that have been listed for over 2 years straight at the same stupid price
4. Crap that doesn't fit the search but the seller has added tags to get people to look at their useless reprints or garbage
Anyone else have thoughts on limiting these bogged down searches?

mine is simple I search "new listings" ebay will only show new listings from previous day

at most the first time you may get a lot
but each day after there will be significantly less
works great for me

iowadoc77 05-10-2017 08:50 PM

Thanks

Thanks for all the thoughts. This was meant mostly sarcastic but I picked up a few ideas to thin the herd. Much appreciated!

cardsnstuff 05-11-2017 07:42 AM

Not sure if this should be a new topic or not; if so, someone move it, but:

I am really curious if deans sells a lot of cards; they are almost always above VCP and recent sales. And it seems like a lot of people filter them out. I know they have good images and good customer service {I guess} which helps; but do people buy from them regularly? If so, just curious why?

He bought a 69 ryan off me and than relisted at 2.5x what I had sold it to him for.

KMayUSA6060 05-11-2017 02:49 PM

Selling as a Reprint

iowadoc77 05-11-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsnstuff (Post 1660224)
Not sure if this should be a new topic or not; if so, someone move it, but:

I am really curious if deans sells a lot of cards; they are almost always above VCP and recent sales. And it seems like a lot of people filter them out. I know they have good images and good customer service {I guess} which helps; but do people buy from them regularly? If so, just curious why?

He bought a 69 ryan off me and than relisted at 2.5x what I had sold it to him for.

Sounds about right. But he has 18,000 feedback, so must be selling something...
I agree, prices are stupid high and he is not willing to negotiate much at all.

Leon 05-16-2017 02:20 PM

But I wonder what might accidentally get filtered with all of those parameters? I usually just put -reprint and let it go :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by polakoff (Post 1660095)
OP - you can accomplish all this with filters already in place and a bit of creativity. It's a bit of a pain but what I do is run one search with all the filters in place, bookmark the results, and then go there every time I want to search. Then it's a matter of changing the search terms rather than the filters.

1. No Deans Cards - on the left filters click on "more refinements" then go to Seller - the rest should be self explanatory
2. Sh*t that is priced 2 or more times what any sane individual would pay for said card - set a top price in the price range
3. Cards that have been listed for over 2 years straight at the same stupid price - sort by newly listed
4. Crap that doesn't fit the search but the seller has added tags to get people to look at their useless reprints or garbage - set your exclusion search terms - I generally buy raw so mine are like this: -(psa,bgs,bvg,sgc,reprint,rp,signed,auto,autograph)