Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Baseball Hobby News Publications (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=237609)

Leon 03-30-2017 10:59 AM

Baseball Hobby News Publications

This is sort of memorabilia related :). Does anyone have any interest in around 100-120 old Baseball Hobby News Publications? They are from the early 80s to the 90s....I think they can ship media mail but would need to verify. In checking ebay they can go for several bucks a piece or more.... I would probably sell the whole lot for 40 bucks plus shipping, just to get them out of here. Like I said, Not sure what shipping would be but can check if there is an interest? I think it would be 3-5 large boxes as some of these are like a large Sunday Newspaper...... Most are in decent shape but have been in a garage for a number of years...so they are a little tattered but in average, good condition overall. thanks...

DaClyde 04-01-2017 08:18 AM

I'm interested if the shipping doesn't end up being too insane.

trdcrdkid 04-02-2017 08:21 PM

I'm potentially interested in some but not all, mainly the ones from the late 80s, if Jason doesn't want or need all of them.

DaClyde 04-03-2017 06:19 AM

I'm willing to split. If Leon is willing to ship two different packages, you can pick which issues you want and I'll take the rest.

Leon 04-03-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaClyde (Post 1647149)
I'm willing to split. If Leon is willing to ship two different packages, you can pick which issues you want and I'll take the rest.

Sure guys....I will be happy to do whatever. And I will shoot a few pics and send them before we finalize it...though the monies I am asking could be less than shipping. :(

If you could PM me your address I can check rates. (I have David's) They will be large boxes and I am going to check media mail to see if they can go that way.

(David is sending a list over to me this evening of what he needs. Will get specific issues and count after that)

Leon 04-08-2017 07:51 AM

I sent David (hi David) a list of what he needs this morning. Once he gets back to me we can go from there. I would say there must be 60 or so issues he doesn't need.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaClyde (Post 1647149)

DaClyde 04-08-2017 06:08 PM

Works for me.

Leon 04-11-2017 09:07 AM

I will be shipping David's stuff out today in some large boxes (hopefully) to be shipped media mail. I have never tried it at our PO so we'll see. IF that goes well there are around 60+ Baseball Hobby News left and around 40-50 other early to late 80s periodicals I will throw in too. Most of them are Baseball Card News Issues. Asking price is $20 plus shipping for all of it. There are also a dozen or more earlier card pricing sheets I will ship too..... just lmk .....and btw, my guess is that shipping will be around 40 bucks.....but will know more later on that....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaClyde (Post 1648973)
Works for me.

obcbobd 04-11-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1649873)
I will be shipping David's stuff out today in some large boxes (hopefully) to be shipped media mail. I have never tried it at our PO so we'll see. IF that goes well there are around 60+ Baseball Hobby News left and around 40-50 other early to late 80s periodicals I will throw in too. Most of them are Baseball Card News Issues. Asking price is $20 plus shipping for all of it. There are also a dozen or more earlier card pricing sheets I will ship too..... just lmk .....and btw, my guess is that shipping will be around 40 bucks.....but will know more later on that....

Leon,

I was shipping some old book and magazines (Beatle related circa 1964) and was told at the PO I could not use media mail on magazines and the fact that they were 50 years old didn't seem to matter.

Hope you have better luck

Bob

Leon 04-11-2017 10:27 AM

I have heard that before and might check into it before I lug them up there.
I have to go anyway so will just take my regular first class stuff and ask when there....I would hate to lug these big boxes up there if I had to ship them priority...I guess it would be better to just chuck them at that point...we shall see...

btw, one of their statutes for media mail is this in bold below, and to me these are "wholly reading matter"....there is no current anything as all are 25+ years old, again, who knows...-

Qualified Items
Only these items may be mailed at the Media Mail rates:
a. Books, including books issued to supplement other books, of at least eight
printed pages, consisting wholly of reading matter or scholarly bibliography, or
reading matter with incidental blank spaces for notations and containing no
advertising matter other than incidental announcements of books. Advertising
includes paid advertising and the publishers’ own advertising in display,
classified, or editorial style.
b. 16-millimeter or narrower width films, which must be positive prints in final form
for viewing, and catalogs of such films of 24 pages or more (at least 22 of which
are printed). Films and film catalogs sent to or from commercial theaters do not
qualify for the Media Mail rate.
c. Printed music, whether in bound or sheet form.

Quote:

Originally Posted by obcbobd (Post 1649889)
Leon,

I was shipping some old book and magazines (Beatle related circa 1964) and was told at the PO I could not use media mail on magazines and the fact that they were 50 years old didn't seem to matter.

Hope you have better luck

Bob

DaClyde 04-11-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1649873)

Ok, I'm good with that.

Leon 04-11-2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaClyde (Post 1650029)
Ok, I'm good with that.

Ok, plan A went over like a turd in a wade pool. The almost-always nice little ladies at the Post Office counter joined ranks and weren't letting anything but the narrowest of definitions ship by media mail. I have seen riot squads that let more get through. No media mail for you!! Fortunately I brought a few other items to mail so didn't look like a total loser, only a partial one.
So let me figure out a plan B....sorry for the delay....