Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT: Paypal eMail Issues (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=236278)

Buythatcard 03-04-2017 08:23 AM

OT: Paypal eMail Issues

FYI: If you are a Seller and have not received eBay Payment notifications from PayPal, you are not alone. Over the past 3 days, I have been receiving only a few eMail notifications stating that a buyer paid for their item. Yet, when I checked my eBay account, it says that buyers have been paying.

Just got off the phone with Paypal and was told that they were aware of the issue and are working on it. I asked how long? They said 24-48 hours.

So, if you don't want to get penalized for not shipping your items out 10 seconds after the buyer pays, it would be a good idea to check your eBay orders. I did and was surprised to find a few payments I did not know about.

It would have been nice if Paypal sent out a general eMail to their customers to let them know what is going on. :mad:

slidekellyslide 03-04-2017 08:47 AM

I never rely on paypal notification in email to tell me that something has been paid for. I just check my ebay account.

botn 03-04-2017 09:20 AM

I have been using paypal for multiorder shipping for many years now. Since they split from eBay the platform has been entirely unreliable on a daily basis. This current problem with notifications, which is also impacting the multiorder shipping, has been going on for a few days and just part of the same instability syncing with eBay. I would not rely on their 24-48 hours for resolution.

D. Bergin 03-04-2017 10:34 AM

Yeah, been noticing it the last couple of days. Luckily I've caught them because I still get the the ones from Ebay that say Item has been bought and Paid for.

However, I like to communicate directly with the buyer that I've received their payment through the Paypal e-mail because that links up to their e-mail address, and that's been impossible lately.

D. Bergin 03-04-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botn (Post 1637568)
I have been using paypal for multiorder shipping for many years now. Since they split from eBay the platform has been entirely unreliable on a daily basis. This current problem with notifications, which is also impacting the multiorder shipping, has been going on for a few days and just part of the same instability syncing with eBay. I would not rely on their 24-48 hours for resolution.

I abandoned the Paypal multi-order shipping years ago when it became glitchy and unreliable.

I'd highly recommend Stamps.com. I have the paid subscription version because I use it for other things, but I think you can get a free account if you are using it for just Ebay stuff.

Way, way more reliable then Paypal shipping, and much more intuitive then Ebay shipping.

If you set it up properly it posts all the tracking information directly back with Ebay automatically when you print the labels out.

botn 03-04-2017 10:58 AM

Thanks Dave. I will check it out today. I would love an alternative to paypal for shipping.

thecatspajamas 03-04-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1637592)
If you set it up properly it posts all the tracking information directly back with Ebay automatically when you print the labels out.

This is exactly why I stuck with stamps.com even after ebay added the ability to print labels. That, and I was uncomfortable having all of my shipping history stored only in ebay what with their tendency to discard information after 90 days. And I don't just sell on ebay either, so having a separate shipping service keeps all those records on one location regardless of what platform the item was sold on.

Also note that some of the PayPal emails are extremely delayed (or they're just now catching up). As I've been typing this, I have received 3 emails for items that were paid for yesterday and already shipped out this morning.

jfkheat 03-04-2017 12:44 PM

Most of the time I just go through the USPS site for shipping. The price is usually about the same or a little cheaper.
James

earlywynnfan 03-05-2017 07:08 AM

disregard