Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Huggins and Scott Auctions - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=226022)

hugginsandscott 07-26-2016 03:40 PM

Huggins and Scott Auctions - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!

To those registered with our auction:

Our IT department works tirelessly to ensure that everyone's personal information is 100% secure and to this point, no attempts to access your personal information have ever been successful.

A recent software update to the computer language that our system is written in has changed our encryption for increased security and we have had to reset your password to a temporary password. Your userid has remained the same, however your password has been changed.

If you would like to change your password back to your old password, or something different, there are two easy options for you:

1. CALL OUR OFFICE AND OUR GUYS WILL BE HAPPY TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD FOR YOU! IT WILL TAKE LESS THAN ONE MINUTE. 301-608-0355
MONDAY-SATURDAY 11-6 eastern time
SUNDAY 12-5 eastern time

2. If you are comfortable doing it on your own, there are five simple steps that you will need to take to get your password changed to something of your liking:

1. Go to our site:
www.hugginsandscott.com

2. Click on "Login (Existing Customers)" on the left side of the screen

3. Enter the same userid you have always used with us

4. Enter the temporary password that was emailed to you (please check your junk or spam folders in case it doesn't arrive in your inbox)

5. Once logged in (you will see "Welcome {your name}" in the upper left of the screen), go to the third link down under the "MEMBERS" header on the left side of the screen that says "Change Password". Enter the temporary password from the email and then enter your new password in the subsequent boxes and click "CHANGE". You will then be all set.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but your personal information and security is a top priority.
Again, if you have any questions about this, or would just rather call us to change your password, we are happy to do it for you.

Remember, our "Event of the Year" - the August Auction opens for bidding this coming Monday, August 1st at Noon Eastern Time and closes on Thursday night August 11th.

Thanks
Huggins and Scott Auctions
301-608-0355
www.hugginsandscott.com
auction@hugginsandscott.com

Leon 07-27-2016 08:13 AM

Sorry to hear this happened, Bill, Josh and team. It will all get worked out. If there are collectibles we can't live without, we will find a way to bid :).

familytoad 07-27-2016 04:50 PM

H & S website Down ?

When checking to see if I was potentially affected by this, and needed to reset...
I cannot log into the website :
"Connection refused"

Can H & S verify that everything is ok or aware?

hugginsandscott 07-29-2016 11:10 AM

working here

Everything is working on our end. Not sure what's going on, but feel free to give our office a call to get your password changed and we can also help you figure out why you can't access the site.
Thanks
Josh Wulkan
Huggins and Scott Auctions
301-608-0355

familytoad 07-29-2016 12:17 PM

All is well

Thank you Josh.
I wasn't able to access the site shortly after the note came in here, but it worked a couple hours later.
No issues now!

hugginsandscott 08-11-2016 05:43 PM

Auction Ends tonight

All:

Just a reminder that our auction ends tonight. 10:00pm eastern time for initial bids and the 30-minute rule goes into effect at 11:00pm eastern time.

Best of luck.
Josh
www.hugginsandscott.com

ruth-gehrig 08-11-2016 06:49 PM

I'm kind of curious as to why lot #614 the Babe Ruth Kork Grip bat was withdrawn today?

ajjohnsonsoxfan 08-11-2016 07:11 PM

I'm getting:

Software error:

Ciphertext does not begin with a valid header for 'salt' header mode at ../cgi-bin/ESDA/access.pm line 874.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@hugginsandscott.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

RCMcKenzie 08-11-2016 07:39 PM

I am unable to access the website. I get an error message about a "connection_reset". I tried a full system restore and all the other "turn off and turn back on" options that I know how to do. Obviously, I'm not a millennial, or a techie. I guess I could fax in some bids...Rob

bobfreedman 08-11-2016 09:52 PM

I gave up

bobbyw8469 08-11-2016 09:55 PM

It worked for me....you know they had some security issues, and you had to reset your password...right?

brianp-beme 08-11-2016 10:50 PM

Definitely some issues...I tried to place a bid (on a lot I had bid on earlier in the day) with a minute left in the 30 minute extended period, and got a message that the lot had ended. Oh well, guess I didn't really want those cards after all.

Brian

Sean 08-11-2016 11:49 PM

The site worked fine for me. :confused:

autograf 08-12-2016 06:13 AM

No problems here except people kept outbidding me

iowadoc77 08-12-2016 07:05 AM

Haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by autograf (Post 1571132)
No problems here except people kept outbidding me

That, sir, is my constant problem!
Customer service was great as always as I called in to change my password and literally took one minute. Continues to be a great AH IMO

trdcrdkid 08-12-2016 08:09 AM

I had no problems bidding and won a couple of lots, including one where I placed my bid with under two minutes to go.

Tennis13 08-12-2016 09:04 AM

Some of the prices I am seeing: either you were in the minority, or the interest in lots of cards fell off a cliff relative to where they have been in recent auctions.

Do you guys think this affected some closing prices? Some real steals had there versus recent sales in some Ruth and Gehrig Goudeys.

Snapolit1 08-12-2016 10:01 AM

Never got a temporary password. Oh well. More fish(auctions) in the sea.