Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else, Football, Non-Sports etc.. B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Trouble with B/S/T deal...... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=216077)

vthobby 01-03-2016 01:30 PM

Trouble with B/S/T deal......

Short story:

Sent funds on 12/14/15. Seller told me that item was being shipped on 12/21 as I had sent a check and he got it no problem.

Item has yet to show up. I have sent numerous messages to seller and he did respond on 12/28 to say he was heading home that day and would send me tracking info ASAP. That was the last I heard from him.

It is now Jan 3rd, 2016 with no item in sight and no tracking either.

At what point do I telecast his screen name or name to help others avoid a similar situation? I'm trying my hardest to give him the benefit of the doubt but this stinks.

It is a deal under $100 but the point is, I'm out the $$$ and the item and seller has stopped communicating.

Your opinions would be helpful.

Thanks, Mike

Peter_Spaeth 01-03-2016 01:50 PM

People never want to out people and almost always refuse to do so, but at this point it seems reasonable IMHO. If the guy has an explanation, then he can clear his name.

quinnsryche 01-03-2016 01:53 PM

For the safety of the community in general, I see no problem letting everyone know who may be untrustworthy. Plenty of time has passed and there is no reason for not responding.

gnaz01 01-03-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinnsryche (Post 1487477)
For the safety of the community in general, I see no problem letting everyone know who may be untrustworthy. Plenty of time has passed and there is no reason for not responding.

Agree with both Peter and Tony

vthobby 01-03-2016 02:08 PM

OK.....

Thanks guys. I will wait until Monday's afternoon mail and if nothing either in terms of item or an email with tracking from the seller then I will post Monday PM.

Thanks. Mike

jim 01-03-2016 03:03 PM

Suggestion

Contact Leon with concern. He has access to people's phone number I believe. If you do out the seller, do it on main page where everyone will be advised.
Jim

vthobby 01-03-2016 03:14 PM

Thanks

Just sent Leon the scenario so will also wait to hear from him.

Thanks.

Mike

vthobby 01-04-2016 10:33 AM

Seller contacted me...

Seller contacted me and re-sending item.

Bottom line is he went away for holidays, item was returned to him due to the zip code being screwed up and he just got back home and discovered the problem.

Item is being shipped back to me with tracking. Thanks!

Mike

PS I have tracking info. All is good!

freakhappy 01-04-2016 08:46 PM

Trouble with B/S/T deal......

Nice job handling the situation, Mike. A lot of people would have jumped the gun and made this a lot worse than it was. Glad to hear that your cardboard is in transit! Take care,

Mike

vthobby 01-04-2016 09:16 PM

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakhappy (Post 1488069)
Nice job handling the situation, Mike. A lot of people would face jumped the gun and made this a lot worse than it was. Glad to hear that your cardboard is in transit! Take care,

Mike

It is a tough call. I believe if it had been a rather large amount, I would have been quicker to warn for obvious reasons but this turned out fine. Thanks.

Mike

cammb 01-05-2016 06:32 AM

You still may be jumping the gun. Wait until you have the card in hand before giving the "all clear"

Leon 01-05-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtgmsc (Post 1488075)
It is a tough call. I believe if it had been a rather large amount, I would have been quicker to warn for obvious reasons but this turned out fine. Thanks.

Mike

Glad it seems to be working out. Good call on being careful ......

vthobby 01-13-2016 10:23 PM

All good......

Item arrived safe (but was delayed again by our reliable post office!) but all is good.

Thanks for all of the input and thanks Leon for your advice.

Related but maybe not..........

I spent a good deal to ship a large box from East Coast to West Coast via 2 day priority mail.

Shipped box on morning of 1/5/16 and item was delivered this afternoon on 1/13/16! Hows that for 2 day priority!!! Ugh!!! :eek:

Peace, Mike

coolshemp 01-14-2016 05:43 PM

They are quick to sell you the 2 day service, but also quick to add "not guaranteed"! I have mailed 1st class with a 3 day expected time that equaled 2 weeks, while media mail 2 weeks expected time was only 1 day. No figuring how they operate! :confused::eek: