Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shout Outs for Net54baseball board members & New Net54baseball Pins (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=208908)

Leon 07-19-2015 07:18 AM

Shout Outs for Net54baseball board members & New Net54baseball Pins

1 Attachment(s)
Last week my family and I were in Colorado on vacation. One of our members, Jeff_cvc, PM'd me and asked if my family and I would come visit him at his restaurant, Sazza, http://sazzarestaurant.com/, a wonderfully original Pizza place in Greenwood Village CO. We love pizza so how could I say no? We got there kind of late and Jeff, his wife and kids made my wife, daughter and myself feel right at home. We had great pizzas and the biggest piece of cake I think I have ever seen for a desert. It was out of this world and my wife and daughter had about 3 desserts each out of it. Everything was just great. If anyone is ever in the area I recommend their wood-burning stove, custom pizzas and down home hospitality to anyone. Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.

Then last night I got a box from our long time member Bub.ba Lamb. Bubba has been gracious enough to make the National Net54baseball pins for us for several years, absolutely free. I have 75-100 of them he just made so if you want one come by Scott's and my table at the National and pick one up. And if you ever need trophies or promo items they do a great job. After the National I will take requests to send pins out to our members on a first come first served basis. Thanks again Bubba!! http://www.orlandoawards.com/

Wildfireschulte 07-19-2015 08:06 AM

That pin is cool - how big is it?

Leon 07-19-2015 08:10 AM

the return of the quarter..

1 Attachment(s)
It's this big...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildfireschulte (Post 1432893)
That pin is cool - how big is it?

OldEnglishD 07-19-2015 08:18 AM

Sweet pins! Thanks Bubba!

Leon, what is your table number at the National? Sorry if I missed it somewhere else.

Dave

4815162342 07-19-2015 09:23 AM

That pin design is great!

Joshchisox08 07-19-2015 09:25 AM

If there are any left after the National I'll gladly take one. Beautiful work Bubb.

Leon 07-19-2015 10:03 AM

Our table will be 1019P

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldEnglishD (Post 1432899)
Sweet pins! Thanks Bubba!

Leon, what is your table number at the National? Sorry if I missed it somewhere else.

Dave

mark evans 07-19-2015 10:14 AM

Great pin. Sorry I won't make the National. But, starting to think about Atlantic City.

Jeff_cvc 07-19-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1432886)
Last week my family and I were in Colorado on vacation. One of our members, Jeff_cvc, PM'd me and asked if my family and I would come visit him at his restaurant, Sazza, http://sazzarestaurant.com/, a wonderfully original Pizza place in Greenwood Village CO. We love pizza so how could I say no? We got there kind of late and Jeff, his wife and kids made my wife, daughter and myself feel right at home. We had great pizzas and the biggest piece of cake I think I have ever seen for a desert. It was out of this world and my wife and daughter had about 3 desserts each out of it. Everything was just great. If anyone is ever in the area I recommend their wood-burning stove, custom pizzas and down home hospitality to anyone. Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.

Then last night I got a box from our long time member Bub.ba Lamb. Bubba has been gracious enough to make the National Net54baseball pins for us for several years, absolutely free. I have 75-100 of them he just made so if you want one come by Scott's and my table at the National and pick one up. And if you ever need trophies or promo items they do a great job. After the National I will take requests to send pins out to our members on a first come first served basis. Thanks again Bubba!! http://www.orlandoawards.com/

What a great surprise to jump on the forum today and see a shout out from Leon. Thank you!

For all of you who have not met Leon, first let me assure you, this board is in very good hands. Leon is exactly what he comes across on the forum as in person. He is honest, humble, straightforward, and an absolute pleasure to talk with. To take time out of his vacation at last minute notice to drive an hour round trip from his hotel to visit with me (a novice collector at best) and my family says a lot about the integrity of Leon. His family was wonderful to chat with and his daughter (who is going to SMU this fall and her education is being financially supported by Leon's collection of 20+ years in Heritage auction right now) was such a sweet young lady and deserving of the adulation Leon gives her. My only regret was not having more time to pick Leon's brain about cardboard. I could of easily talked through the night, but our wives were starting to roll their eyes at all the baseball chatter. Nonetheless, as I told Leon, this forum has given me so much that hosting Leon at our restaurant was such a small token of appreciation. The amount of knowledge openly shared is literally worth it's weight in gold. Thank you to all the members here for enriching my love of baseball and collecting these old pieces of cardboard.

Bubba, the pins are very cool, if any are left after Nationals, count me in.

Lastly, if anyone is in the greater Denver area and want to chat about the hobby, please contact me and let's talk over some pizza!

Jantz 07-19-2015 05:21 PM

Those are some cool pins!

Deertick 07-19-2015 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1432894)
It's this big...

This made me LOL. :D

Nice job by Bubba!

Enfuego 07-20-2015 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark evans (Post 1432932)
Great pin. Sorry I won't make the National. But, starting to think about Atlantic City.

+1

peterose4hof 07-31-2015 09:45 PM

Glad everyone likes the pins!

Wish I could be with you all at The National, but just finished up a 2 week family trip. (Alaska/Canada)

I gave Leon a few more pins than previous years, so hopefully there will be enough to go around.

Leon 08-01-2015 01:02 AM

Bubba
Thanks again. They have been well received. When I get back from the National I should be able to send out quite a few to folks who couldn't make it. LL

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterose4hof (Post 1436709)
Glad everyone likes the pins!

Wish I could be with you all at The National, but just finished up a 2 week family trip. (Alaska/Canada)

I gave Leon a few more pins than previous years, so hopefully there will be enough to go around.

hangman62 08-01-2015 05:28 AM

Pin

Nice pin

now that's Wagner and Cobb in the middle..who is that on the ends... Walter Johnson ?...and ?

Eric72 08-01-2015 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hangman62 (Post 1436758)
Nice pin

now that's Wagner and Cobb in the middle..who is that on the ends... Walter Johnson ?...and ?

Christy Mathewson. The design was used for the most recent Net54 T-shirt.