Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   1980 & Newer Sports Cards B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Value of this TY Cobb game used bat card (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=205181)

Joshchisox08 04-29-2015 03:39 PM

Value of this TY Cobb game used bat card

3 Attachment(s)
Is this really a $200 card ? It is number 11/25. Which is a pretty small population. I don't even remember how much I paid for it but I know it sure as hell wasn't close to $100. I only see 3 listed on eBay and they're all over $200 graded or not. Keep in mind I'm 28 and probably got this at least 10 years ago when I used to be all about game-used crap. Towards the end I feel like I wised up a bit and started going after dead-ball or a little bit later players, not current players.

I've also got a Cepeda limited to 46 and can't find a single example on eBay or Amazon.

Can anyone help me out here ?

quinnsryche 04-29-2015 03:53 PM

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay. That said, there are a lot of collectors out there for those type cards. If I owned it I would throw it up on ebay at $99.99 opening bid with a $150 BIN and be happy with what I got. Or I would take it to a local show and see if I could get decent trade value for it on something I would rather own.
Either way, good luck.

wilkiebaby11 05-01-2015 01:33 PM

I'm going to agree with Tony. You could probably sell quickly around $100 and it would take longer around $150 or more.

cardsfan73 05-01-2015 11:58 PM

The only Cobbs I see on ebay are numbered #/5 & #/10.

Recent sales of other Hall Of Famers from this set that were numbered to 25 sold for the following.

Musial: $19.99
Hornsby: $26.00
Ruth: $99.99

If I had to guess your Cobb falls somewhere between Hornsby & Ruth.. Probably a little closer to the Ruth price.

Good luck with your sale!

Scott

Joshchisox08 05-02-2015 06:05 AM

What about the Cepeda ? Probably not going to sell that Cobb. But the Cepeda I probably would.

soxfan1986 05-02-2015 01:07 PM

Big are pretty nice. Game used and autos are pretty much all I deal in.
The one thin thy have going is that they are old compared to most game used cards. And they are out of a top notch product. Limited was really nice back in the day.
I've sold similar Cobb bat cards anywhere from $70-$140 range. If it was a jersey patch definitely more but vein a bat id say somewhere in the $80-$120 range

With the cepeda I would estimate $20-$30 range. His stuff is fairly cheap compared to most HOFers. And te higher numbering doesn't help much.

Like you said and these other guys mentioned there are jut so many bat or jersey cards nowadays. Sad but it's definitely hindered the value.
Even with the biggest names like Ruth and mantle you can find their game used stuff really cheap now. Kind of a shame but like most things the card companies are dumpin way too many of them into the market.

Bit having said that , both are nice and definitely "vintage" for game used.