Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Show in St. Louis Area March 27-29 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=203601)

CurtisFlood 03-26-2015 12:06 PM

Show in St. Louis Area March 27-29

Cal Ripken Jr is the featiured autograph guest.

Show is in O'Fallon, Illinois and also has several former Cardinal players signing.

Address is 1237 Central Park Drive, O'Fallon, Illinois. Call Jim Miller 618-206-8777 for more information.

Hours Friday 3-9, Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 9-4.

tuckr1 03-26-2015 12:57 PM

Any Vintage

Any vintage at this show? How many tables? is there a website?

Thanks Tucker

CurtisFlood 03-29-2015 10:23 PM

Sorry I never got back with you. I had already left for the show and never got your post Yes, there were several vintage dealers, four of them are National Exhibitors with Roger Neufeldt being the most recognizable vendor. Several local dealers also had a lot of nice vintage cards, including prewar.

The next show at this site will be in late June and the third planned for late September. Those will be in the Beckett Show Calendar.

GasHouseGang 03-30-2015 12:10 AM

Any pics from the show?

CurtisFlood 03-31-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasHouseGang (Post 1396066)
Any pics from the show?

Sorry David, you are talking about a dinosaur with a dumb phone and a severe technology shortfall. I don't do pictures, never got near any of the players except Ken Reitz who came by and talked for a short while.

GasHouseGang 03-31-2015 02:19 PM

That's OK. I was just hoping to see some of the old Cardinal players signing and maybe some table material.

Wilsing 04-01-2015 12:57 PM

I was at the show. I thought there was limited vintage stuff...over-priced.

Anyway, I stopped and watched Ripken sign for a little while. He would sign 10 autographs. Have those ten people stand off to the side. Then he'd get up and take an individual picture with each of the 10 people, shaking hands or putting an arm around them or something like that. I've never seen anyone do that before...seemed like a nice thing to do.

basesareempty 04-02-2015 06:50 AM

Cal Ripken

Cal Ripken has always made it a point to take pictures with his fans, even in this day of paying for photo ops.

autograf 04-02-2015 08:17 AM

Ripken was at the Louisville Slugger Museum for an award and he seemed like the most gracious guy around. Nice to see a 'legend' be a real legend.

CurtisFlood 04-02-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilsing (Post 1397008)
I was at the show. I thought there was limited vintage stuff...over-priced.

Anyway, I stopped and watched Ripken sign for a little while. He would sign 10 autographs. Have those ten people stand off to the side. Then he'd get up and take an individual picture with each of the 10 people, shaking hands or putting an arm around them or something like that. I've never seen anyone do that before...seemed like a nice thing to do.

Guess it could have been free. The folks that showed up bought a lot of stuff and didn't seem to feel it was overpriced. Maybe you are talking about the pre war selection. That seems to be overpriced everywhere, including the internet.