Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Greetings everyone (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=191290)

Milton 07-23-2014 07:06 PM

Greetings everyone

Hi everyone, I'm Milton. I've visited this site many times and learned a lot of interesting things. In light of some recent events, I've decided to finally join and participate.

Thanks Leon for letting me in!

ethicsprof 07-23-2014 07:11 PM

milton

welcome aboard the board!
all the best,
barry

gregr2 07-23-2014 07:15 PM

Welcome to the fun! What are your collecting interests?

Leon 07-23-2014 07:33 PM

Welcome aboard Milton. Glad you joined us. Good luck in the quest!!

clydepepper 07-23-2014 08:19 PM

Hello Milton. Welcome to the board. Tell us what you collect.

ZachS 07-23-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milton (Post 1301233)
Hi everyone, I'm Milton.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...05/milton1.jpg

Welcome, Milton!

Milton 07-23-2014 08:37 PM

Thanks everyone. I've been a modern collector since the 80s, but I've recently gotten into vintage stuff. I've got raw sets of 52, 53, and 54 Topps started.

I love reading about/seeing all of your old tobacco cards, but I think they're a little out of my league

timn1 07-23-2014 08:51 PM

Milton-

before I watched "Office Space" I would have assumed a red Swingline stapler was out of my league - but, never say never! Every prewar collector started somewhere.

Welcome to the board!

Tom S. 07-23-2014 09:05 PM

Welcome to the board Milton!

Hope that you will be a trouper and can weather the storm of all the "Office Space" references... ;)

edjs 07-23-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milton (Post 1301294)
Thanks everyone. I've been a modern collector since the 80s, but I've recently gotten into vintage stuff. I've got raw sets of 52, 53, and 54 Topps started.

I love reading about/seeing all of your old tobacco cards, but I think they're a little out of my league

I said the same thing when I first joined this site, but in 6 months I have put together some pretty cool pre-war stuff. Good prices are out there, you just have to be persistent. The guys here are awesome, just ask and you will get some great advise.

ZachS 07-23-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milton (Post 1301294)

I've got plenty of 53 and 54 duplicates if you need some help. I was doing 53, 54, and 55 but I'm giving up on the 54 set.

bobbyw8469 07-23-2014 09:35 PM

I am working on the 1968 Topps set. Do you have any interest in that set?

vintagetoppsguy 07-23-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milton (Post 1301233)
In light of some recent events, I've decided to finally join and participate.

Really? What events were that?

Can I call you by your middle initial "B" for short?

Welcome to the boards, B.

I like your avatar. You know, I've seen that picture somewhere before, but I can't remember where. Oh, what a minute. It's coming to me. Now I remember. I saw that picture in this thread from stormtrooper80 when he used it to insult Bobby on the CU boards.

http://forums.collectors.com/message...ighlight_key=y

ZachS 07-23-2014 09:45 PM

http://memecrunch.com/meme/1D50X/y-a...esus/image.png

bobbyw8469 07-23-2014 09:50 PM

Zach, I am all prayed out. There is only so much prayer and forgiveness I can give. I just can't keep up with all the different personalities!!! There are literally DOZENS of them!!

the 'stache 07-23-2014 09:53 PM

Milton, a very warm welcome to the forum, sir. It sounds like you've followed the same path I did just a short time ago. I returned to the hobby, and initially was heavily into modern cards, namely the Bowman Chrome prospect autos. In the last two years or so, I've been collecting pre-war and vintage, and I really love it. I've always had an affinity for the history of the game, and there's nothing like holding a 100 year old baseball card in your hand for the first time. I'd had a couple graded T206 cards, and T202 cards, but when I held this little beauty in my hands for the first time, there was no going back:

http://net54baseball.com/picture.php...ictureid=15426

Paging Johnny-you're slipping. Where is your requisite "welcome! Try a T206! :D:D"?

http://adriandparker.files.wordpress...fice-space.jpg

Zach-why don't you grab a flashlight and a can of pesticide, and head down to the basement to take care of the cockroach problem we've been having, m'kay? That would be great.

bobbyw8469 07-23-2014 09:57 PM

You can fool some of the people all of the time; you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can never fool all of the people all of the time.

PT. Barnum

Leon 07-23-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1301340)
You can fool some of the people all of the time; you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can never fool all of the people all of the time.

PT. Barnum

As you and a few others know I have been watching this for the last few hours. Milton and Bill Holler aka LSUtigers1973 are now both banned. Alts don't do well on this forum. I absolutely HATE that about the CU forum and other forums. If I find I made a mistake I will reinstate and apologize. I think I am safe. Thanks to the members who PMd me too.

the 'stache 07-23-2014 10:09 PM

Thank you, Leon.

Bpm0014 07-23-2014 10:30 PM

What happened??

mrvster 07-24-2014 05:17 AM

Bill.......

I was late to the party.....where's the chics??????LOL:D;)

the 'stache 07-24-2014 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bpm0014 (Post 1301348)
What happened??

Brendan, apparently Milton is a second account created by Bill Holler, aka LSUtigers1973. If you search on Bill's name, you can find out some of the things that he's apparently been involved in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvster (Post 1301376)
I was late to the party.....where's the chics??????LOL:D;)

No kidding you were late to the party, although checking in at 6:17 am makes me think you might have been the one at a party, Johnny. ;)

Leon 07-24-2014 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bpm0014 (Post 1301348)
What happened??

I believe that our LSUtigers1973 member created a phony account "Milton" to come on the board and hassle Bobby. The coincidences are way too much to not be him, imo. They are called "alt" id's. It happens very frequently on the CU board and some others too. It is against our rules to give fake registration information. Also, they were both on the board last night, both got banned and I have received no email or PM from either one? If I was wrong I would think one of them would have contacted me. Welcome to the internet.

Leon 07-24-2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1301342)
As you and a few others know I have been watching this for the last few hours. Milton and Bill Holler aka LSUtigers1973 are now both banned. Alts don't do well on this forum. I absolutely HATE that about the CU forum and other forums. If I find I made a mistake I will reinstate and apologize. I think I am safe. Thanks to the members who PMd me too.

As I said I would do, if I found I made a mistake I would come back and apologize and reinstate. I just spoke with Milton and don't believe him to be an Alt. He and Bill are back on the board and my apology to both. That being said I will continue the same methodology of being aggressive to these issues on our board. I want it to be as real as possible and I know of no better way. Say what you want to but stand behind what you say, is the board MO. Sorry for the issue....carry on..

bobbyw8469 07-24-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

I just spoke with Milton and don't believe him to be an Alt. He and Bill are back on the board and my apology to both.
Leon. with all due respect, something is fishy. Are you saying this Milton B. (Brad) Lee is actually a real person?? and his avatar just happens to be the same picture he harrassed me with on the PSA boards? If you look at his name, it is a play on the word Milton Bradley, one of his favorite ways of attacking me. This just goes to show to what extreme extent someone will perpetuate a fraud to keep things going. He is sick and needs some help. Just my two cents, which isn't worth much.

Leon 07-24-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1301417)
Leon. with all due respect, something is fishy. Are you saying this Milton B. (Brad) Lee is actually a real person?? and his avatar just happens to be the same picture he harrassed me with on the PSA boards? If you look at his name, it is a play on the word Milton Bradley, one of his favorite ways of attacking me. This just goes to show to what extreme extent someone will perpetuate a fraud to keep things going. He is sick and needs some help. Just my two cents, which isn't worth much.

I understand Bobby. This is still an open investigation as I said in my PM. I will reverse my decision as many times as needed if I get new and different information. The goal is for everyone to be who they say they are but on the internet it isn't always easy. I don't have the power of subpoena :).

Peter_Spaeth 07-24-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Could be coincidences. :D

frankbmd 07-24-2014 10:17 AM

An MTI (Musical Thread interlude)

He went away and you hung around
And bothered me, every night
And when I wouldn't go out with you
You said things that weren't very nice

My boyfriend's back and you're gonna be in trouble
(Hey-la-day-la my boyfriend's back)
You see him comin' better cut out on the double
You been spreading lies that I was untrue
So look out now cause he's comin' after you

(Hey, he knows that you been tryin')
(And he knows that you been lyin')

Sing along ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFdz...layer_embedded

lsutigers1973 07-24-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

One more time for Bob, I am not stormtrooper nor have I ever had an alt here. Although I appreciate the humor behind this suspected alt, once again, it is not me. The ones I had on CU, many members of the CU forum were well aware it was me before I even posted.

Anyway, no need to make bob look more foolish than he already does.

Thanks Leon for manning up and admitting you made a mistake. See Bob, that's how adults behave.

Jason 07-24-2014 11:41 AM

This trash from the CU boards seems to come over here in waves. It really makes you proud to be a part of Net54.

Jewish-collector 07-24-2014 11:41 AM

I'm late to the dance. What did I miss ?

vintagetoppsguy 07-24-2014 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish-collector (Post 1301540)
I'm late to the dance. What did I miss ?

This...

Milton 07-24-2014 12:07 PM

Two fine looking young men.

lsutigers1973 07-24-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 1301539)
This trash from the CU boards seems to come over here in waves. It really makes you proud to be a part of Net54.

And calling other fellow collectors trash just because they may not get along doesn't speak well for a few of the members here.

Jason 07-24-2014 12:34 PM

By trash I mean the drama threads/posts not a particular person for clarification.

ALR-bishop 07-24-2014 01:07 PM

Milton Bradley

For anyone actually interested in the 1968 Topps Milton Bradley set there is a good thread on them currently in post war Centers around an article written by a member here which appears in the current issue of SCD.

autograf 07-24-2014 01:31 PM

Al, don't try to divert things away to actual card discussions..........we have Milton/Bill/Bobby/Stormtrooper drama going on...............

bobbyw8469 07-24-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autograf (Post 1301597)
Al, don't try to divert things away to actual card discussions..........we have Milton/Bill/Bobby/Stormtrooper drama going on...............

Now don't include my name in the mix Tom. I don't even like drama and try to avoid it whenever possible. If someone attacks me, I defend myself. If you construe that as drama, then I guess so. I am actually one of the most laid back people you will ever meet however, who HATES drama.

mrvster 07-24-2014 05:15 PM

Bill.....

I'm addicted to T206 and Net 54;)

I am totally confused about this thread:confused: I don't go on any other boards.......

ok....carry on:)

bobbyw8469 07-25-2014 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvster (Post 1301693)
I'm addicted to T206 and Net 54;)

I am totally confused about this thread:confused: I don't go on any other boards.......

ok....carry on:)

No confusion necessary. Someone is introducing themselves as a brand new member, when it fact, they are an old member who has created a new identity to attack/confuse people. The ability to hide behind a pseudonym makes them a bolder person, able to spew filth/hatred without fear of retaliation. In this instance, the name Milton B. Lee is actually a play on the phrase Milton Bradley, one of the card sets out there in 1968 which has cause much confusion amongst card collectors. Milton B Lee does not exist, but is actually someone else.

Milton 07-25-2014 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1301837)
No confusion necessary. Someone is introducing themselves as a brand new member, when it fact, they are an old member who has created a new identity to attack/confuse people. The ability to hide behind a pseudonym makes them a bolder person, able to spew filth/hatred without fear of retaliation. In this instance, the name Milton B. Lee is actually a play on the phrase Milton Bradley, one of the card sets out there in 1968 which has cause much confusion amongst card collectors. Milton B Lee does not exist, but is actually someone else.

I assume you're referring to me, since this post is on my introduction thread. What filth/hatred have I spewed? What are you talking about?

vintagetoppsguy 07-25-2014 06:51 AM

$1000 challenge

Milton,

I will PayPal gift you $1000 if you can provide a state issued ID showing you are who you claim to be.

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS!

Or I'll send you 3 rolls of ASEs (you like those, don't you?), whichever you prefer.

Oh, what the heck, I'll do both.

One thousand dollars paypal and 3 rolls of ASEs.

It needs to be a high resolution scan and you can block out any personal information (i.e. drivers license number, ss #, etc.)

What do you say, B?

autograf 07-25-2014 07:00 AM

I'd assume Leon can, somewhere, see IP addresses of Milton B. Lee and the other dude to verify if they're the same guy although IP addresses aren't a fool proof thing. I don't know why someone would spend the time to create an alternate ID on a message board. They must be a complete tool to do that. And I agree the Milton B. Lee ID stinks to high heaven--especially since the thread about Milton Bradley on the Postwar side.

lsutigers1973 07-25-2014 07:46 AM

Leon already said he spoke with this guy. He is also welcome to call me if he wants. Btw, notice how this thread was dead for 10 hours and someone bumped it.

bobbyw8469 07-25-2014 08:14 AM

Bill, you are sick and need professional help (or some medicine for your disorder). I'm not joking. I am dead serious.

vintagetoppsguy 07-25-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsutigers1973 (Post 1301899)
Leon already said he spoke with this guy.

Well, if Leon spoke to him, and he's obviously legit, he shoudln't have any problem providing that id and claiming his reward, right? I'm a man of my word. I'll honor what I said if you, err, I mean 'Milton' can provide that id.

whitehse 07-25-2014 09:05 AM

Why hasnt this thread just died out?
Why is it still up here?
Did I just log back into the PSA boards?
Why did I even read this thread to begin with?
Why was it even bumped at 4.30 this morning?

bobbyw8469 07-25-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Why was it even bumped at 4.30 this morning?
The meds wore off.

Runscott 07-25-2014 10:34 AM

I can't wait to get to Cleveland and meet real card-collecting people.

Every show I've been to I've met at least 3-4 people who I was stunned when I found out who they were here on the board. Most of us are actually pretty good in real life.

Peter_Spaeth 07-25-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1301970)
The meds wore off.

Bobby, I think you are the one who bumped it that he was referring to. Post 40.