Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tornado Eats Bad Baseball Sculpture (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=179004)

4scuda 11-19-2013 05:02 PM

Tornado Eats Bad Baseball Sculpture

2 Attachment(s)
I was sitting waiting for my tires to be rotated one day and browsing ebay. I saw this 1914 Baseball Bronze was ending in few minutes. I bid one increment and won the dumb thing. I got it and thought it was awful, but figured it was my own fault. I wondered what I was going to do with it. Well I don't have to wonder anymore...Tornado hit Sunday took my apartment and the statue away. It is probably in a tree in Michigan. I lived on the top floor of this apartment unit. Luckily all most all of collection was somewhere else. I lost a few gloves a Roger Clemons signed jersey a good comic collection, oh and almost all my clothes. (in my closet, not what I was wearing) :)I was glad I went to Church. :)

billyb 11-19-2013 05:45 PM

Mark,
Do you, or did you, live in Genesee County. I heard they got hit fairly hard???
Sorry to hear about the loss.

Kzoo 11-19-2013 06:10 PM

your statue....

Mark......Glad to hear you're ok, as that's the most important thing. Up here in Michigan, I found your statue in my front yard yesterday. Thankfully I also found the owner because I definitely don't want it. :)

Matt

baseball tourist 11-19-2013 06:24 PM

Mark - remarkably good spirits considering...glad you are OK.

horzverti 11-19-2013 07:28 PM

Mark

Wow. Great to hear that you are ok.

4scuda 11-19-2013 08:00 PM

I live in Washington, IL our town was really hit hard.

thetruthisoutthere 11-19-2013 08:06 PM

Heartbreaking to hear about your situation, Mark.

We all wish you well.

GrayGhost 11-19-2013 08:26 PM

Yes, my thoughts and prayers to you Mark

parker1b2 11-19-2013 08:26 PM

Glad your ok... My area went through Super Storm Sandy last year, fortunately we were ok, but saw the disaster first hand. Thoughts and prayers to you and everyone affected.

Big Ben 11-19-2013 08:34 PM

Best of luck to you Mark! I live about 20 minutes from Washington. We did not get the tornado etc that you got, but that was some storm system. Prayers go out to the people of Washington. I have a lot of friends who lost their homes on Sunday. Very sad!

Scott Garner 11-20-2013 04:28 AM

Mark,
Wow, that picture is amazing!
I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to you and your community.

Good luck with everything and glad to hear that you survived this horrible tragedy alive...

BigJJ 11-20-2013 07:26 AM

Mark, Happy to hear you are ok. And also that favored pieces survived. My best, J

CarltonHendricks 11-20-2013 01:06 PM

Wow!

Man what a story...so sorry to hear this....but glad you're OK!!

Very good to hear most of your collection was elsewhere....It's one thing to hear about it on the news...another when it happens to one of our own Net54members...My prayers are with you to recover...

whitehse 11-20-2013 02:23 PM

Glad to hear you are ok. I have friends that live in Washington, Illinois and thankfully they were spared and major damage to their home but they report that there are just so many people down there who are now homeless. My heart goes out to the area.