Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Coaches Corner West??? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=176475)

MooseDog 09-28-2013 12:37 PM

Coaches Corner West???

I get auction notices from Artfact and this one caught my attention. It's a joke of an auction complete with a "press release" stating the inventory has been appraised at $7 million.

The first item I view in the auction list is a signed Ted Williams photo with a Morales letter. Then Mantle, Dimaggio, also with Morales letters.

Signed Ruth pants obviously from Coaches Corner. In fact the entire auction looks like Coaches Corner inventory.

Every item carries a $1000 "starting bid".. even a Darrel Evans signed ball.

I don't even know where to start but how does one try to stop this crap? I emailed the auctioneer with my concerns but don't expect to hear back.

Ultimate Auctioneers, Las Vegas - Oct 12-13

PS. Leon, you can move this to the Autograph Forum if you want, that's where I meant to post it.

thetruthisoutthere 09-28-2013 01:09 PM

I took a quick look and noticed their autograph auctions started with a minimum bid of $1000.00.

thetruthisoutthere 09-28-2013 01:32 PM

The usual forgeries certed by Chris "I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like" Morales.

Scott Garner 09-28-2013 02:03 PM

"I get auction notices from Artfact and this one caught my attention. It's a joke of an auction complete with a "press release" stating the inventory has been appraised at $7 million.

The first item I view in the auction list is a signed Ted Williams photo with a Morales letter. Then Mantle, Dimaggio, also with Morales letters.

Signed Ruth pants obviously from Coaches Corner. In fact the entire auction looks like Coaches Corner inventory.

Every item carries a $1000 "starting bid".. even a Darrel Evans signed ball."

I can understand the Darrell Evans signed ball coming with a starting bid of $1,000, but how can they justify doing this with all of the other auctions?
Shameful, simply shameful! What is the world coming to? :rolleyes: :D

GrayGhost 09-28-2013 09:15 PM

Brian Roberts is a grand. they all are. hilarious

Westsiders 09-28-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 1190010)
Brian Roberts is a grand. they all are. hilarious

And Ozzie Canseco is a grand...just can't make this stuff up. Great find!

GoldenAge50s 09-30-2013 11:13 AM

Scott--

I can understand the Darrell Evans signed ball coming with a starting bid of $1,000,

I sure can't! Explain please!

earlywynnfan 09-30-2013 03:05 PM

Everyone needs to call this jerk!! I tried to tell him he had forgeries in his auction, and he gave me the old "if you aren't comfortable with the terms, you shouldn't be bidding" speil. I asked him if he was a quality seller, and he got angry.

Ken

Scott Garner 09-30-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s (Post 1190442)
I can understand the Darrell Evans signed ball coming with a starting bid of $1,000,

I sure can't! Explain please!

Fred,
It's a joke! It's obviously so ludicrous... The rolling eyes and huge smiley face is the giveaway in my post.

GoldenAge50s 10-01-2013 01:02 AM

Gotcha' Scott! The emoticans were in the next paragraph is why I didn't pick up on it!

Wymers Auction 10-06-2013 01:37 AM

Here is a funny story. I inquired about selling on Artfact several years ago. I was told that I did not meet the quality threshold and therefore would most likely not be allowed to sell on there. They tried to reassure me by stating that most auctioneers will never be able to sell on their platform. They later decided I was now good enough to sell on there and I told them no thanks. I am glad to see they have not let go of that standard.

Wymers Auction 10-06-2013 01:38 AM

Minimum bids are now reduced to a bargain of $50. Good luck bidding!!!!LOL

GrayGhost 10-06-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wymers Auction (Post 1192216)
Minimum bids are now reduced to a bargain of $50. Good luck bidding!!!!LOL

Well, besides it all being Morales and CC crap, forget bidding if u did find something that MIGHT be real.

and I quote " Auction House does NOT ship"

really encourages phone bids:)

RichardSimon 10-06-2013 10:51 AM

Not at all meaning to defend these giants of the auction world, if you guys wanna race off and bid :D:confused: I would not worry about shipping.
I have seen a number of auction houses that don't ship items themselves. They will help set you up with an outside shipping company to handle shipping. All at a very nominal fee, of course :D:D.

RichardSimon 10-06-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wymers Auction (Post 1192215)
Here is a funny story. I inquired about selling on Artfact several years ago. I was told that I did not meet the quality threshold and therefore would most likely not be allowed to sell on there. They tried to reassure me by stating that most auctioneers will never be able to sell on their platform. They later decided I was now good enough to sell on there and I told them no thanks. I am glad to see they have not let go of that standard.

Reminds me of an old basketball ticket story.
For the 1992-93 and 1993-94 I had a Saturday season tkt plan for the Knicks. That was for approximately half the regular season and the entire post season.
After the 94 season ended, MSG in all its pompous splendor decided to do away with the partial ticket plans and I was now shut out though I could now buy a full season ticket plan for much more than double what I was previously paying. I am sure the execs from some corporation enjoyed my former seats.
Years later when the Knicks went south and could not make the post season I received a "pleading" letter from MSG. "Oh please,come back and we will sell you a Saturday plan now." My reply can not be printed on a family blog site :D.