Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What are the best places to sell T206 cards? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=170911)

Zone91 06-18-2013 08:45 PM

What are the best places to sell T206 cards?

I know not here...but do you guys have any advise? I am selling the following 3 T206 cards:

Ray Demmitt St-Louis variation (SCG 30);
Cristy Mathewson dark cap (PSA 4) and
Walter Johnson hands to chest (BVG 4)

Thanks.

Post # 3

atx840 06-18-2013 08:56 PM

Adrian you forgot your prices :D

Send them to Al (http://loveofthegameauctions.com) and let him and the market do all the work for you.

Zone91 06-18-2013 08:57 PM

Post # 4

MVSNYC 06-18-2013 09:04 PM

Not sure your prices are as "super" low as you think. values of O'Hara's & Demmitts have been declining as of late, and your Matty & Johnson prices are not low at all, IMO.

Agreed with above opinion, consign them to a LOTG or Goodwin and let the bidders duke it out. BIN's on eBay tend to turn me off, i'd rather see a no reserve auction start low and it'll attract many bidders.

Zone91 06-18-2013 09:08 PM

MVSNYC

What do you suggest as starting prices and how long should I run the Ebay auctions for?

Post # 5

atx840 06-18-2013 09:11 PM

A PSA 1 Demmitt just sold for $885 on eBay and yours is quite a bit nicer..just list it at $0.99...it will get lots of attention.

Zone91 06-18-2013 09:13 PM

0.99$ for how many days?

Post # 6

Zone91 06-18-2013 09:20 PM

Is a 7 day or a 10 day auction better? I have just listed all 3 at 0.99$ with NO reserve for 10 days.

Post # 7

Leon 06-18-2013 09:23 PM

Adrian- there is a reason you aren't on the BST. IN due time, after you haven't pulled this kind of chicanery for a while, you might be able to go back over there. I already told you not to do this (listing cards on the main board) and here you are doing it again. Just because you disguise it as something else doesn't mean it's not selling on the main board. Had you ONLY said "where is the best place to sell T206s" and left it at that then you would have been fine. This is your final warning on stuff like this. If there is a question PM me first. thanks

MVSNYC 06-18-2013 09:24 PM

IF you do a 10 day auction, it's best to list them on a Thursday and let them run until the following Sunday, that way you'll capture 2 full weekends of bidding, rather than them ending mid-week...a little pearl of wisdom from Sir Jay Wolt.

Zone91 06-18-2013 09:33 PM

Thanks guys!!

Post # 8

z28jd 06-18-2013 09:39 PM

I assume a lot of ebay buyers are just like me and they don't trust anything from Canada.

Zone91 06-18-2013 09:41 PM

z28jd

That sucks!! I would NEVER not send the cards to the winner!! I know some would have custom fee concerns but hey I am open minded!!

Post # 9

z28jd 06-18-2013 09:45 PM

I think it's more aboot how slow everything up there is, eh.

Zone91 06-18-2013 09:47 PM

z28jd

I would ship them any method the buyer is willing to pay for...as long as it has a tracking # and requires a signature upon delivery that is!! I would offer any of the following 3 possibilities: registered mail, express mail or FeDex 1 day service...aka worldwide priority. All 3 are safe and secure and arrive pretty fast.

Post # 10

SushiX37 06-18-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28jd (Post 1148033)
I assume a lot of ebay buyers are just like me and they don't trust anything from Canada.

+1

Rich

Zone91 06-18-2013 09:51 PM

SushiX37

FYI I have NEVER had any problems in the past when I used to deal in coins.

Post # 11

jcmtiger 06-18-2013 09:57 PM

Most everyone selling cards or memorabilia think they are offering at good prices. Usually prices are to high. Take 20% off your price and you will probably sell.

Joe

Zone91 06-18-2013 09:58 PM

jcmtiger

Thanks!!:)

Post # 12

the 'stache 06-18-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1148029)
Adrian- there is a reason you aren't on the BST. IN due time, after you haven't pulled this kind of chicanery for a while, you might be able to go back over there. I already told you not to do this (listing cards on the main board) and here you are doing it again. Just because you disguise it as something else doesn't mean it's not selling on the main board. Had you ONLY said "where is the best place to sell T206s" and left it at that then you would have been fine. This is your final warning on stuff like this. If there is a question PM me first. thanks

He doesn't get it, Leon, and I doubt he ever will.

Zone91 06-18-2013 10:01 PM

the 'stache

Just spoke to Leon and all is OK!!:) And yes I do get it!! I truly wanted help as to the best way to go about selling....I have never sold a T206 card and I needed some help.

Post # 1

Leon 06-18-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the 'stache (Post 1148048)
He doesn't get it, Leon, and I doubt he ever will.

He and I have had several PMs after my initial post. I think he gets it. Adrian is a great guy but we just can't be buying and selling on the main page. We actually did it that way many years ago but there were only a few hundred people on the board then. We had 1-2 threads a month on the main page and NO dedicated BST areas. It was a kinder and gentler time on the board. :)

drmondobueno 06-18-2013 10:02 PM

What is this, a sales pitch?

Blocking you again.

Keith Temple

Zone91 06-18-2013 10:18 PM

drmondobueno

I spoke to Leon I am NOT here to start trouble just needed help as stated above.

Post # 2

the 'stache 06-18-2013 10:19 PM

I don't think he's a "great guy". He's a pathological liar, and a drama queen. He's reneged on transactions, and this is twice now that he's tried to circumvent the rules you've set forth, which are incredibly simple to understand. Most other people would take "banned from the B/S/T" forum as meaning "I can't use Net 54 to sell my cards". What does he do? He tries to sell his cards on the main forum, and when he's told that he can't do that, he creates a "hey, I'm selling these T206 cards on Ebay. And by the way, here are the prices I'm selling them for".

It's your forum, and I respect your rules, Leon. But I will never trust this guy, and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Zone91 06-18-2013 10:22 PM

Post # 3

drmondobueno 06-18-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the 'stache (Post 1148057)
I don't think he's a "great guy". He's a pathological liar, and a drama queen. He's reneged on transactions, and this is twice now that he's tried to circumvent the rules you've set forth, which are incredibly simple to understand. Most other people would take "banned from the B/S/T" forum as meaning "I can't use Net 54 to sell my cards". What does he do? He tries to sell his cards on the main forum, and when he's told that he can't do that, he creates a "hey, I'm selling these T206 cards on Ebay. And by the way, here are the prices I'm selling them for".

It's your forum, and I respect your rules, Leon. But I will never trust this guy, and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

+1

Keith Temple

the 'stache 06-18-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zone91 (Post 1148058)
the 'stache

You are been very judgmental...I am a good guy that has sever mental health issues (more than 4 diagnosed by a psychiatrist over a 2 year period...enough for me to be declared mentally handicap...I am not a stupid person by no means...but have a LOT of issues...had a VERY hard life)...some times I do things that I believe to be OK...but then learn that they are not. Try living with multiple mental health issues and trying to fit in...it is no easy task.

This is not a pity party either simply the truth!! Maybe that is funny to you but not for me. I have no family almost, no wife, no kids, no friends (OK I have 1 but he is such a drug addict because he suffers from sever depression that it is like having no friends)...all because of my mental diseases...it is not easy not been like others. But what I do have is my hobbies. If it was not for my hobbies I would most likely be dead or in a mental institution!!!

Post # 3

Oh please, spare me another self-indulgent "woe is me" post. What you've gone through is nothing compared to what I've gone through in my life, I promise you. Yet somehow, even with medical bills that wiped out nearly all of my savings and 401k, and seeing my income cut by more than half, I was able to meet every single obligation I had, and did so without making up a plethora of excuses.

Your behavior, and your actions, do not instill confidence. So while you might seem like a really "swell guy" on the phone, or in some of your posts, in my trained opinion, your words belie something more insidious.

Zone91 06-18-2013 10:54 PM

Post # 4

nolemmings 06-18-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

+another

Craig M 06-18-2013 11:00 PM

Chris...I knew that was coming after I read that comment. I don't think he meant any harm and was just funnin:)

As for Adrian, I gave you some excellent advice before and you did not accept it.

Please listen; some of your madness is self caused and for you to get better you must step away. Step away from the Internet! Turn it off and go take your dog for a walk, go jogging or just go to the gym.

By working out or even jogging, it has all sorts of benefits; clearing the mind is just one of them.

You basically are moving from one addiction to another like you did with coins. Cluttering your mind.

Why do your hobbies need to involve buying and selling?

This adds to more stress when you are trying to become less stressed.

Pick a hobby that doesn't involve buying and selling like painting. Some of the best artists in the world were mad. Painting will relax you and you will be amazed at your accomplishments.

You must get lots and lots of rest so that you can unclutter your mind.

Zone91 06-18-2013 11:02 PM

Craig M

I appreciate your help!!:)

I try to but having sever OCD I tend to focus on one thing....that is why I was able to pass at university. I enjoy music very much and writing oh and animals very very much...they love you no matter what!! School was the best for me it kept me busy 24/7....I could study and read for hours and hours....then I was lost a lot when it came to a end.

Post # 5

Leon 06-18-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig M (Post 1148072)
Chris...I knew that was coming after I read that comment. I don't think he meant any harm and was just funnin:)

As for Adrian, I gave you some excellent advise before and you did not accept it.

Please listen; some of your madness is self caused and for you to get better you must step away. Step away from the Internet! Turn it off and go take your dog for a walk, go jogging or just go to the gym.

By working out or even jogging, it has all sorts of benefits; clearing the mind is just one of them.

You basically are moving from one addiction to another like you did with coins. Cluttering your mind.

Why do your hobbies need to involve buying and selling?

This adds to more stress when you are trying to become less stressed.

Pick a hobby that doesn't involve buying and selling like painting. Some of the best artists in the world were mad. Painting will relax you and you will be amazed at your accomplishments.

You must get lots and lots of rest so that you can unclutter your mind.

agreed

Craig M 06-18-2013 11:12 PM

Adrian,

Dude, your number one priority right now is your health, right?

I know you agree with me so with that said, you have to get off of the Internet; it is cluttering your mind without you even aware of it.

Reading about people putting you down even though they mean no harm directly to you, is of course harmful to YOUR mind.

Good luck in getting better.

Runscott 06-18-2013 11:13 PM

I was going to start a similar T206-selling thread in the main forum, sneaking it by with the title: "Wanna Shag?"

I have two...or I have to.

Good luck Adrian - Craig had some great advice for you.

Zone91 06-18-2013 11:13 PM

Craig M

I agree and will try to.

Post # 6

Zone91 06-18-2013 11:14 PM

Runscott

Thanks for the positive encouragement!!:)

Post # 7

Jlighter 06-18-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zone91 (Post 1148068)
the 'stache

I wonder if you spent your teenage years picking up your dads shit on the floor and feeding him with a spoon every single meal (and giving him a shower every night when you where 8 to 22 years old...having to wash his WHOLE body...and I do mean WHOLE)...and been waking up every single night 10 times because my dad was so drugged up he would go nuts (he had sever Parkinson's disease). And a mother who had cancer from the age of 8 to 12 and also taking care of her and her puking all over the place. Having my dad falling all over the house and breaking his teeth and face. I spent 20 years of my life almost EVERY day in the hospital for my dad...never had any Christmas or any of that...no one called me on my birthdays. Add that all my friends are either dead or in jail. I had a very bad life...and try my best.

I grew up dirt poor..super bad looking clothes....almost no food...never anyone to say all will be OK. And I am probably missing another 100 things that where messed up in my life. How many of your friends have died in front of you due to been in a bad lifestyle? How many of your friends have you seen commit suicide? Me I have seen a lot of both!!

Post # 4

I don't really want to get involved. But...I thought you said your parent's died when you were young and you were raised by your brother.

Zone91 06-18-2013 11:18 PM

Post # 8

RCMcKenzie 06-18-2013 11:22 PM

Best place to sell T206 cards

I would say ebay at no reserve selling on yer own or with Probstein or PWCC. If you don't want to mess with all the time and fees, I would say Sterling.

Zone91 06-18-2013 11:31 PM

RCMcKenzie

Post # 9

Craig M 06-19-2013 12:45 AM

Good Adrian...I'm glad you made the decision on that and now lets try something together.

So that I practice what I preach, let's both take a break from Ner54. We will do this together.

Here we go!

This will be my last post for the rest of June and all of July. I hope Adrian joins me in taking a break.

Peace Out

Craig

EvilKing00 06-19-2013 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmondobueno (Post 1148052)
what is this, a sales pitch?

Blocking you again.

Keith temple

lmao!

toledo_mudhen 06-19-2013 03:59 AM

This is friggin AWESOME...Where else can you find drama like this..............

EvilKing00 06-19-2013 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zone91 (Post 1148058)
the 'stache

You are been very judgmental...I am a good guy that has sever mental health issues (more than 4 diagnosed by a psychiatrist over a 2 year period...enough for me to be declared mentally handicap...I am not a stupid person by no means...but have a LOT of issues...had a VERY hard life)...some times I do things that I believe to be OK...but then learn that they are not. Try living with multiple mental health issues and trying to fit in...it is no easy task.

This is not a pity party either simply the truth!! Maybe that is funny to you but not for me. I have no family almost, no wife, no kids, no friends (OK I have 1 but he is such a drug addict because he suffers from sever depression that it is like having no friends)...all because of my mental diseases...it is not easy not been like others. But what I do have is my hobbies. If it was not for my hobbies I would most likely be dead or in a mental institution!!!

I use to work in a office for about 3 years but had to quit because I was declared mentally handicap and could not fit in (even after completing my degree at university)...that was not easy...but I try to stand strong...and battle every day against those who judge me!!!

Post # 3

Just wondering, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

buymycards 06-19-2013 05:06 AM

working out

Craig, I agree with you about getting away from the internet and working out but Adrian also needs to be careful with that advice.

My problem is that I tend to go overboard on everything. When I first started running in 1978 I loved it so much that I soon became addicted. I had to run every day and pretty soon 5 miles a day wasn't enough. On the weekends I would run 20 miles a day, and then I had to start running marathons. Pretty soon 8 minutes miles wasn't fast enough and even in my late 30's I had my mile time down to 5:00.

When I started biking it was the same way. I did the same thing when I started fishing. I went fishing 4-5 times a week and I was pretty obsessed with it. I'm lucky that I live a mile from the Wisconsin River. Same with golf. I played golf every day for a couple of years. Now it is baseball cards.

I think a lot of us on the board have the same type of personality that I have. I'm trying to back off a little bit. I run a few miles 2-3 times a week, bike 10 miles once a week, work out at the gym twice a week, and I'm thinking seriously about giving up on selling cards and just enjoying collecting for a while.

Thank God that I can channel my energies into my hobbies instead of alcohol or cigarettes or drugs. A sex addiction might be fun!

Rick

Bocabirdman 06-19-2013 05:14 AM

I guess that I have missed an installment or two of this soap opera. Adrian, why are you selling this cards? I thought you said you were collecting long term.:confused:

ullmandds 06-19-2013 05:34 AM

"I will NEVER sell them...never never never!!!!"

Adrian post #4 day 37

barrysloate 06-19-2013 05:36 AM

Yikes.

Every day there is some drama on Net54, and every time it involves Adrian. At some point it needs to stop.

maniac_73 06-19-2013 05:39 AM

Adrian serious question. How do you have so much money for cards?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD