Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Net54baseball outage (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=164093)

Leon 02-24-2013 12:15 AM

Net54baseball outage

Hey Folks
Sorry about the outage. I put in a support ticket approximately 5 minutes after we went down. There is not much that could be done. It was a network problem. Here is what the hosting company had said-

"As we reported earlier, a private network communication issue is causing the errors with your website.

This is a known issue at the Data Center level, which is currently affecting Private IP Connectivity.

Our Data Center Technicians and SysAdmins are currently working dilligently to resolve this issue.

We will be sure to notify you as soon as this has been corrected.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,"

deebro041 02-24-2013 12:25 AM

Thanks for the update Leon, and thanks for your effort to keep everyone's addiction in check!

familytoad 02-24-2013 12:40 AM

No!

Thanks for the clarification Leon.
I was certain that my wife and daughter sabotaged the site so that I could watch some singing chick flick with them with undivided attention.:o
At least there was cake!

Now, that's enough of that nonsense.
Thanks for restoring the site and my sanity!

Harliduck 02-24-2013 01:06 AM

Holy cow, I know I am new here, but that reality check made me realize how much I enjoy this site and just how much I come here. Thanks Leon for such a great place!

T205 GB 02-24-2013 01:21 AM

I was about ready to start itching and diggin at myself. Glad the sites back up:eek:

TNP777 02-24-2013 05:22 AM

during the outage, I checked out my flea market purchase

Ease 02-24-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNP777 (Post 1093898)

Absolutely outstanding!

Kawika 02-24-2013 10:43 AM

During the outage I acquired three cards on my wantlist and closed two multi-million dollar deals.

Whoops. Andrew beat me to it in the other thread.

T205 GB 02-24-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawika (Post 1094049)
During the outage I acquired three cards on my wantlist and closed two multi-million dollar deals.

Whoops. Andrew beat me to it in the other thread.

I would have posted it here also but it was to late to contact Archive for a quote:D:D

thehoodedcoder 02-25-2013 05:19 PM

someone lied to you

who ever told you that lied to you.

you are on a windows server using IIS to host your site. i can tell by the uber-generic message styles.

your site had a 500 error 1st that i saw, which is also known as an internal server error. that means something was misconfigured on your server, which has nothing to do with connectivity. had there been a connectivity issue, you would not have even seen the error message coming from the server....you would have got a twirling IE or firefox window or a 404 error page.

then moments later....i got a 403 forbidden error, which is a permissions problem on the files within your site container.

Leon 02-25-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder (Post 1094768)
who ever told you that lied to you.

you are on a windows server using IIS to host your site. i can tell by the uber-generic message styles.

your site had a 500 error 1st that i saw, which is also known as an internal server error. that means something was misconfigured on your server, which has nothing to do with connectivity. had there been a connectivity issue, you would not have even seen the error message coming from the server....you would have got a twirling IE or firefox window or a 404 error page.

then moments later....i got a 403 forbidden error, which is a permissions problem on the files within your site container.

actually they came back and said it was a MYSQL issue, which it was...but the issues seem to be resolved which is all I really care about. I just want a site to be up and be fast. I could careless how it does it. :)