Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just a link for anyone who is a team subset collector! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=162468)

npa589 01-29-2013 04:13 PM

Just a link for anyone who is a team subset collector!

If you're like me, and you have an affinity for one team, and care not for much else that does not fit into that contextual nostalgic, then you know how time consuming it can be to narrow down which cards are in each subset you're attempting to complete.

I've been a Cubs fan for my entire 27 years, and love going after Cubs team subsets (vintage, of course). I know at least 5 other people on the board who do the same with regard to the Cubs. I'm sure there are countless others!

I found this site recently, which I found incredibly useful. There are other sites out there too, but this one has helped me stay organized the best. If there is a better site out there, please let us know!

http://www.teamsets4u.com/checklist.html

TNP777 01-29-2013 04:37 PM

I've been using this site for a very long time - it's been a terrific resource .

It'd be interesting to see how their T206 'back' checklists match up with the most current known list here. I've got to believe that list has to be pretty fluid as new variations pop up from time to time. Would that be a correct assumption?

Leon 01-29-2013 04:47 PM

I looked at the 2012 and 2011 lists. I just don't get it. There must be 50'ish sets to collect from each year. Wow....

npa589 01-29-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNP777 (Post 1080653)
I've been using this site for a very long time - it's been a terrific resource .

It'd be interesting to see how their T206 'back' checklists match up with the most current known list here. I've got to believe that list has to be pretty fluid as new variations pop up from time to time. Would that be a correct assumption?

I would be very surprised, but also very impressed if it was up to date, especially since the amount of information on this site is presented in a "Geocities" type fashion, if anyone remembers that...heh.

Jason 01-29-2013 05:23 PM

Good info on the site.Thank you for sharing.

ejharrington 01-29-2013 05:28 PM

This is a great site; thanks!

Teamsets4u 01-29-2013 07:06 PM

Thanks for the plug.
Good to know that people find my site useful.

The T206 back checklist was a project I did a few years ago before t206resource went online.
With the debate over what exist and what does not I have not tired to update much. I did the best I could.

I would appreciate people letting me know if they find errors that they let me know.
Jeff

bobbvc 01-29-2013 07:26 PM

Thank you!

Joe_G. 01-29-2013 07:55 PM

Hello Jeff,

I only looked at one team from one set, N172 Detroit, and found an error. Charlie Bennett is only found with Boston, no Detroit cards. There is also an error card of Kid Baldwin shown with Detroit. Not sure how you treat error cards. It is otherwise accurate and complete.

Neat site.

npa589 01-29-2013 08:55 PM

Jeff:

Well well well done! Really am impressed with it, and am thankful for it.

I really hope there are errors man...goodness gracious, what an undertaking...

More than happy to offer a plug for the site, and I'm glad to now know you're on Net54!

Nate

lancemountain 01-29-2013 09:42 PM

great site! wow

champaigneappetite 01-30-2013 09:19 PM

Cincinnati Collector here

I have been a long time Cincinnati Reds collector (although I have recently drifted around a bit). I have used that site recently and found ti to be very useful. Early on in my collecting I would spend days searching lists for Cincy players and used to make all kinds of PDF files for my team sets. Found the Candy cards to be difficult (although not as difficult as the N172's until the Old Judge book came out).

Tom