Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Game Used Forum- Pre-1980 (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Nolan Ryan game used # 2 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=161857)

Scott Garner 01-20-2013 12:47 PM

Nolan Ryan game used # 2

17 Attachment(s)
Here are some of my favorite game used Nolan Ryan items from his years with the Texas Rangers circa 1989-1993:

1989 Nolan Ryan game used glove. Letter of provenance Nolan Ryan.
In 1989 Ryan struck out Rickey Henderson for his 5,000th career strikeout on 8/22/89. Nolan became the oldest winning pitcher in the All Star game in Anaheim (42), struck out 300 in a season for his 6th time, struck out 15 in a game and threw two 1-hitters. Not bad for an "old guy"... ;)

1989 Nolan Ryan game used Nike spikes. One year style and they are HAMMERED. Letter of Provenance- Nolan's son Reese Ryan.

1993 Nolan Ryan's complete game used uniform to Nolan's last career win # 324 (8/15/93 at Cleveland). Jersey and pants having matching/ corresponding tagging.

1993 Nolan Ryan game used Rangers hat from 5/7/93 at KC. The hat is it's own provenance. Check out the inscription on the underside of the bill. It's amazing how much perspiration staining this hat has for him using it in perhaps only one game. A very humid night in KC and Ryan gets pounded by the Royals!! Terrific hat!

Enjoy! :)

rlevy 01-21-2013 10:01 AM

Scott,
I was unaware that you collected Nolan Ryan stuff, what a terrific collection you have!! He was such a fun guy to watch pitch, amazing stuff on the mound. Thanks for sharing.

Rick

Runscott 01-21-2013 06:36 PM

Scott, that is great stuff.

I don't have any Nolan Ryan Texas Ranger stuff except for my ticket stub from his last no-hitter and a few things I bought to frame with it.

One of the things I loved about watching Ryan pitch at the old stadium, was that you could go down behind home plate and you were right up behind the net, at the same level as his fastball. It was kind of like sitting on row one at the finish line of a Nascar race.

Scott Garner 01-21-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runscott (Post 1076796)
scott, that is great stuff.

I don't have any nolan ryan texas ranger stuff except for my ticket stub from his last no-hitter and a few things i bought to frame with it.

One of the things i loved about watching ryan pitch at the old stadium, was that you could go down behind home plate and you were right up behind the net, at the same level as his fastball. It was kind of like sitting on row one at the finish line of a nascar race.

Absolutely!

Scott Garner 01-21-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlevy (Post 1076574)
Scott,
I was unaware that you collected Nolan Ryan stuff, what a terrific collection you have!! He was such a fun guy to watch pitch, amazing stuff on the mound. Thanks for sharing.

Rick

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the compliment. That means a lot to me since I know what kind of advanced Koufax collection you have accumulated!

I collect a lot of different themes and players surrounding "power pitching", but Nolan Ryan is the player that "brought me to the dance" so to speak...
:)

mcgwirecom 01-25-2013 07:20 PM

Great stuff Scott.

Scott Garner 01-26-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgwirecom (Post 1078518)
Great stuff Scott.

Thanks, Randall!

MGHPro 01-26-2013 05:47 PM

Very impressive collection! The use on everything is awesome! To see his bat with that much use is incredible.
Matt

Scott Garner 02-03-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGHPro (Post 1078977)
Very impressive collection! The use on everything is awesome! To see his bat with that much use is incredible.
Matt

Thanks Matt! I'm not a "bat collector", per se, but I do love looking at vintage game used bats. Your collection is incredible, BTW!

scmavl 03-05-2013 08:27 AM

Wow, that last win uniform is a truly amazing piece. Just a really, really cool collection.

Scott Garner 03-23-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scmavl (Post 1098771)
Wow, that last win uniform is a truly amazing piece. Just a really, really cool collection.

Thanks, Jarrod! I'm glad you like the post.