Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Koufax Signing Agreement? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=161512)

AbejasAsesinas 01-13-2013 05:40 PM

Koufax Signing Agreement?

Does anyone know who Sandy signs with nowadays? I know he used to sign with UDA, but don't know who he signs with now. Thanks!

varsitycollectibles 01-13-2013 05:48 PM

For cards, he's been signing for Topps since 2011. His Topps Tribute and Tier One autos are nice ones.

AbejasAsesinas 01-13-2013 07:48 PM

Thanks for the reply Varsity. I was wondering about private and public signings (photos, balls, etc.), but I appreciate the heads up! :)

tjlives 01-13-2013 08:39 PM

I don't know whether Sandy's still under contract to Steiner, they definitely have balls and photos in stock up the wazoo for him though. He did a very limited private signing with Internet Exclusives last year, but he hasn't done a public signing in a long time.

He does tend to show up at Mets spring training for a day or two each year and signs willingly there, though.

AbejasAsesinas 01-13-2013 09:50 PM

Thanks TJlives. I guess I'll get to the point. I purchased a Koufax signed 16x20 that has a Steiner and a OnlineAithentics holo. I received the wrong Steiner card, and I called the seller to see if it can be replaced. He's working with me on it, but claimed that OnlineAuthentics has a contract with Koufax and does private signings with him. He stated that the OnlineAuthentics hologram is also a COA in this case, given that it is a Koufax. Anyone else hear of this?

drc 01-13-2013 11:28 PM

I read in multiple different places that Koufax has/had an exclusive signing contract with onlineauthentics. And, besides, onlineauthentics is a reputable company.

tjlives 01-13-2013 11:46 PM

Online Authentics is more of a registry for private signing items, although they do some third party authentication too. If you punch in your sticker number on their site, it should bring up a picture and whatever information they registered about the item.

Koufax's agent Harlan Werner is one of the principles in OA and I'm pretty sure OA stickers with lookup information are on most of the stuff Koufax has signed in private signings in the past 8-10 years (same with two other Werner clients, Joe Namath and Muhammad Ali). I have a Koufax Steiner 11x14 and there's an OA sticker in addition to the Steiner sticker.

drc 01-14-2013 12:02 AM

Just looked it up. Werner is Koufax's agent and a co-founder of onlineauthentics, and the Steiner Koufax autographs were done through Werner. There's an old Beckett article on the Steiner deal.

The UDA Koufax autographs were done through Werner as well.

Tuna82 01-14-2013 04:38 AM

My Koufax ball was part of an OA signing specifically for Steiner; but it is also MLB authenticated. Koufax has definitely had OA private signings in the past.

Scott Garner 01-14-2013 04:38 AM

Koufax

1 Attachment(s)
Re: Sandy Koufax signings-

FWIW, I worked with a gentleman named Jerald at Harlan's Internet Exclusives, LLC business to get my Sandy Koufax perfect game ticket stub signed.

FYI- Harlan Werner's Internert Exclusives, LLC business does a limited number of private signings with mostly ex-Dodgers such as Koufax and Tommy LaSorda. Koufax's signature is not inexpensive (approximately $400), but they were an absolute pleasure to work with. In fact, I would rank them #1 with anyone that I've ever worked with that had a private signing, and I have worked with many. Here is their e-mail if you want to contact them directly: help@internetexclusives.com.

Here is a look at my signed Sandy Koufax perfect game ticket. He signed it EXACTLY as I had asked. I really like the end result.

varsitycollectibles 01-14-2013 07:59 AM

Scott, that Koufax ticket is a great piece. Very cool.

AbejasAsesinas 01-14-2013 08:04 PM

Scott,

Thanks for the heads up! I went to the Internet Exclusives site to see when the next signing is, but it looks like they haven't set up for 2013 yet. That's ok though, gives me time to find something unique for Sandy to sign. Thanks again! :)

Scott Garner 01-14-2013 09:12 PM

Dan,

You're welcome! I'm glad this helped.