Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Coaches Corner (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=157837)

yanks12025 10-17-2012 03:19 PM

Coaches Corner

http://myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=342486

Based on it being coaches corner, I'm guessing it's fake. But the mantle looks close? Hopefully it is fake, because I'm outing the auction...lol

Big Dave 10-17-2012 04:09 PM

Looks authentic....including the Mantle.

yanks12025 10-17-2012 04:13 PM

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully another member don't get upset that I outed it. But I'd hope nobody would bid and support these criminals.

Big Dave 10-17-2012 04:20 PM

Check out some of the others things from that collection also listed on CC.

Look good too.

isaac2004 10-17-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 1045061)
Check out some of the others things from that collection also listed on CC.

Look good too.

I was thinking the same thing, that other multi signed looks good. There are some obvious fakes for auction but some are good.

Anyone want to chime on the Dream Team Jersey on there?

http://www.myccsa.com/lot/238/dream-...ic-jersey.aspx

Mr. Zipper 10-17-2012 05:29 PM

To each his own, but I would never buy an item from CC no matter how good or cheap it was. I can't see supporting this enterprise in any way.

mighty bombjack 10-17-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1045080)
To each his own, but I would never buy an item from CC no matter how good or cheap it was. I can't see supporting this enterprise in any way.

I totally agree.

MooseDog 10-18-2012 05:48 AM

A legit complete DT signed anything is probably rarer than a T206 Wagner. Fake DT signed items are as common as fake T206 Wagners. The players played without pay and as far as I know there were no commercial deals to market signed products.

There has been some discussion as to whether a "real" DT full signed item actually exists.

I saw an excellent piece on TV about the 1992 team where it was said that other than practice and games the team didn't spend time together off the court.

I know two guys in my area that are as dedicated as they come when it comes to in-person autographs and you only get one chance or two a season for most visiting player. Both need Ewing and one was never able to get Jordan who wouldn't sign with the others already on the ball.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isaac2004 (Post 1045075)
I was thinking the same thing, that other multi signed looks good. There are some obvious fakes for auction but some are good.

Anyone want to chime on the Dream Team Jersey on there?

http://www.myccsa.com/lot/238/dream-...ic-jersey.aspx

isaac2004 10-18-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 1045217)
A legit complete DT signed anything is probably rarer than a T206 Wagner. Fake DT signed items are as common as fake T206 Wagners. The players played without pay and as far as I know there were no commercial deals to market signed products.

There has been some discussion as to whether a "real" DT full signed item actually exists.

I saw an excellent piece on TV about the 1992 team where it was said that other than practice and games the team didn't spend time together off the court.

I know two guys in my area that are as dedicated as they come when it comes to in-person autographs and you only get one chance or two a season for most visiting player. Both need Ewing and one was never able to get Jordan who wouldn't sign with the others already on the ball.

I figured, and have seen so many fake dream team stuff, that its silly. There is stuff on the internet with JSA, but I don't even trust that because of what you stated above.

vintagechris 10-18-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 1045217)

I had Rodney Rogers offer me a signed basketball before that had everybody but Barkley on it. For some reason Chuck wouldn't sign it.

isaac2004 10-18-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagechris (Post 1045297)
I had Rodney Rogers offer me a signed basketball before that had everybody but Barkley on it. For some reason Chuck wouldn't sign it.

I have heard from people that collect Dream Team stuff that there was a small window to get them to sign things when they were practicing in Oregon before the warm up games. After that, Nike and a lot of other companies made insane amounts of money marketing the team and the players did not get much of it, and some (Jordan, Barkley, Drexler come to mind) decided to not sign items that they saw as "Dream Team" items after that point because they were just bitter they did not get a bigger piece of all the money made from the 1992 Olympics. This is not fact, just what I have heard from people who have been looking for Dream Team stuff for years.

JimStinson 10-18-2012 12:33 PM

JimStinson

I said this before and I'll say it again....If you have a big tall glass of crystal clear water and you put one little drop of urine in it...what do you have ? Not a glass of 99% pure water with a little bit of urination. Its a glass full of urine.

JimStinson 10-18-2012 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=isaac2004;1045075]I was thinking the same thing, that other multi signed looks good. There are some obvious fakes for auction but some are good.

Some of it might be good but I wouldn't drink it :)

isaac2004 10-18-2012 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=JimStinson;1045305]
Quote:

Originally Posted by isaac2004 (Post 1045075)

Some of it might be good but I wouldn't drink it :)

But what about the filtration system in WaterWorld :)

JimStinson 10-18-2012 01:51 PM

JimStinson

Its all Urine Pee pee

MooseDog 10-18-2012 03:11 PM

Even if true, Patrick Ewing flat out does not sign autographs. I think he's done one private signing with restrictions and that's it. I know not one single person who has gotten him to sign in person.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isaac2004 (Post 1045302)
I have heard from people that collect Dream Team stuff that there was a small window to get them to sign things when they were practicing in Oregon before the warm up games.

isaac2004 10-18-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 1045349)
Even if true, Patrick Ewing flat out does not sign autographs. I think he's done one private signing with restrictions and that's it. I know not one single person who has gotten him to sign in person.

I know people who got his autograph when he played for the Sonics at the end of his career.

thenavarro 10-18-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseDog (Post 1045349)

I was trying to get an extra Ewing signed rookie card so I had my friend that works in the NBA try to get it for me. Ewing will sign for him when my friend's team visits Orlando, but he has steadfastly refused to sign my extra rookie. Kinda as a compromise he signed the cardsaver instead. Patrick tells him that he won't sign "cards" anymore, even for Patrick's family. Thankfully, I've got one already from early in his career (with very poor contrast though) but sure would be nice to have another

Ewing is tough. These days, a typical autograph hound is usually not going to get one from Patrick unless he/she is very lucky or there is extenuating circumstances.

Mike

ss 10-18-2012 06:10 PM

I would say that ball is not good. Look at the R in Reynolds and the B in Bauer-- IMO, they are the same hand. Look at the y in Reynolds and the Y in Yogi-- they also appear to be in the same hand.

Tuna82 10-18-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenavarro (Post 1045364)
I was trying to get an extra Ewing signed rookie card so I had my friend that works in the NBA try to get it for me. Ewing will sign for him when my friend's team visits Orlando, but he has steadfastly refused to sign my extra rookie. Kinda as a compromise he signed the cardsaver instead. Patrick tells him that he won't sign "cards" anymore, even for Patrick's family. Thankfully, I've got one already from early in his career (with very poor contrast though) but sure would be nice to have another

Ewing is tough. These days, a typical autograph hound is usually not going to get one from Patrick unless he/she is very lucky or there is extenuating circumstances.

Mike

Ewing is under contract with Steiner now I think... I am sure it will cost an arm and leg but may be worth pursuing