Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay Question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=150662)

frankbmd 05-02-2012 08:13 AM

Ebay Question

I won an auction.
I paid with Paypal.
Paypal states funds are unclaimed?
I sent an Email to the account name on the Paypal account.
The Email could not be delivered.
I also tried to contact seller through the auction site, without response so far.
I then canceled the Paypal payment from my end successfully.

Nothing else has happened yet.
I cannot find any information on how to proceed with a Paypal account that doesn't seem to exist on Ebay.

Has anyone else had this experience? At present I am waiting to hear from the seller, but he (or she) may be waiting for me to pay. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ronnie73 05-02-2012 09:16 AM

I had a problem like that once. Ebay had canceled the persons account for some reason and my emails could not be delivered. About a week later I got an email from ebay saying that auction was canceled. Not sure if this is whats happening to you but try to see if the seller is still posting auctions or if they are even a member anymore. Ebay usually cancels both paypal and ebay accounts.

Jayworld 05-02-2012 09:24 AM

Similar situation happened to me. If the seller is not set up through Paypal to receive payments via credit card, and you pay via credit card through Paypal, then the payment will just sit there unclaimed for x-amount of days unless you cancel or the seller cancels.

frankbmd 05-02-2012 05:26 PM

Typo in paypal address on Ebay :eek: makes it impossible to pay the seller. I guessed correctly which letter was omitted ;) and now I am working with the seller to get things straightened out. Fortunately this does not appear to be a scam in any way:). I think it will all work out to everyone's satisfaction.

The seller thinks working things out with Ebay will be a simple fix:rolleyes:. I doubt making changes in a completed auction will be easy, but time will tell.

Hankphenom 05-02-2012 07:00 PM

Not long ago, I got the same notice about a payment that hadn't been claimed. I emailed the seller, but never heard back. I had already received the item, for which I had paid $100. I cancelled the payment, as recommended by eBay, and don't know what else I can do. I wonder if something might have happened to the seller.

frankbmd 05-02-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankphenom (Post 989582)
Not long ago, I got the same notice about a payment that hadn't been claimed. I emailed the seller, but never heard back. I had already received the item, for which I had paid $100. I cancelled the payment, as recommended by eBay, and don't know what else I can do. I wonder if something might have happened to the seller.

I only reached the seller because I guessed correctly what their email address was. Maybe I have a future as a psychic.

iggyman 05-02-2012 08:06 PM

I once had this happen to me as a seller when I made a type-o inputting my paypal email id (in the eBay "sell an item" menu). I didn't catch the error until a day after the auctions had ended. One of the buyers was a bit psychotic about the error, but I've had worst days.

Lovely day...

HRBAKER 05-02-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 989592)
I only reached the seller because I guessed correctly what their email address was. Maybe I have a future as a psychic.

Frank,
If that's the case, I could use a call before the Derby.

frankbmd 05-03-2012 05:59 AM

The winner of the Derby is .....

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBAKER (Post 989623)
Frank,
If that's the case, I could use a call before the Derby.

No problem. Call me Jeff, but I cannot remember my phone number.:D