Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A Little Piece of Boston Braves Memorabilia (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=146837)

bwild22 01-28-2012 04:05 PM

A Little Piece of Boston Braves Memorabilia

5 Attachment(s)
Bought it from an older individual that actually purchased this from the ole Bat Boys dad - said the bat boy was off to college and no longer interested in coming back home to clean out his room and told his dad to just sell the stuff before moving.... I found it to be cool and seems to be legit as the individual I bought from has been VERY VERY reputable and trustworthy over the years - the time frame matches - the label is even from a company in BOSTON, etc...

Thoughts?

jerseygary 01-28-2012 04:28 PM

Nice uniform, but I don't think it was worn in a Braves game. It looks nothing like the 1952 (or any other year) uniforms the team wore. Batboys were usually kitted out with the same unis as the team, just in a smaller size. My bet is that this is a high school or Legion baseball team from that time period.

gashouse34 01-28-2012 04:33 PM

I can't speak to its authenticity....it would be awesome if you found an old photo from '52 with him in it even if he wasn't the primary subject. Thanks for sharing though...very cool.

novakjr 01-28-2012 04:41 PM

Something in the back-story doesn't add up. I'm a little confused about how this was purchased in "Milwaukee", yet it's claimed to be from the "Boston Braves". Especially, since it says, "father WAS moving", and not "father HAD moved"..

I agree with Gary.

HRBAKER 01-28-2012 04:46 PM

A quick check against the Boston Braves team photos available on ebay does not match.

bwild22 01-28-2012 05:20 PM

i looked for braves unis to try to match too and found several variations - some pretty close, none to match exactly

as far as the issue about moving in the back story - he originally had explained dad worked for the team - and moved to milwaukee when the braves moved - and then retired from working for the team so decided to leave milwaukee

granted if the bat boy was 12 or so by 52 he would be 18 in 58 - which would make sense when he personally explained how the kid was gone off to college

I am really uncertain myself - its just the guy that I bought it from has been so spot on with other stuff i got - some great great stuff - i wouldnt doubt that this was the uniform in boston worn by the bat boy for the little league team he played on - its definitely not large enough for high school or legion - its for a small kid - and the guy i bought it from does live near milwaukee - the uniform is made in boston...

so i wouldnt doubt that it was the bat boys uni...but maybe not the boston braves team one, but maybe a boston youth programs one that the boy wore... and possibly the guy i bought from just did not understand what the dad was explaining.....