Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Yankee Stadium seat colors (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=136712)

Tomman1961 05-10-2011 05:32 PM

Yankee Stadium seat colors

I have read the forum for 4 years I guess,always in baseball cards.Here's my question.I have what I am very positive of,is a 3 seat section of seats from Yankee Stadium(year?).Back in 1990,Dave Meidema of Sports Collectors Digest saw my pictures and provinance.They were in such disgusting and rotted shape(pix this weekend when I have time?),that I had NO choice but to turn 3 into 2. I know better not to ruin history,but these were horrible. My Q is: does anyone know exactly what the colors are to paint them?The first color on the wood was green, then a blue.Is there anyone who can tell me a PMS color,or Behr paint color,or Banjamin Moore color match?

jcmtiger 05-10-2011 05:52 PM

Here is a website to check out seats. I saw blue and green colors for yankees seats.

Joe

WWW.AUTHENTICSTADIUMSEATS

batsballsbases 05-10-2011 07:31 PM

yankee seats

Hello,
I did a project on some yankee seats a few years ago. I had to replace some of the lower wood slats as they were a little rotted. I found a good wood shop and he made me 3 extras. (I still have them) was a little expensive but worth it because of the curve. As to the color Its a Sherwin Williams # Its 6797 Jay Blue
Industrial Enamel. The Cans # are also B54TZ404 and 6401-18709 . Here are some pics as we went thru them They came out very nice. I hope that helps you Al
Also try and leave as much of the (sea Foam Green) thats the color they were first painted as you possibly can. Just sand off most of the blue if it hasnt peeled off already. There is such a controversy as to restore or not to restore. Believe me it doesnt make that much difference as to the price. Who would want to sit or for that matter put them in your house with rotted slats and peeling paint! I was able to use all the same bolts and screws. Good luck in your project! If you need more info just PM me.. Al

Tomman1961 05-15-2011 09:44 AM

Thanks Al-Yankee Seats

Al:
The pictures you have look exactly like my seats. Thank you for the color match. Again, if I can find the before pix of mine I will like you to see how horrible they were, and what they look like now.

batsballsbases 05-15-2011 06:00 PM

seats

No problem glad to help. Get some pics up of before and after. Love to see them. Good Luck!!

Tomman1961 09-25-2011 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
To Batsballsbases:
Finally my Before, and Current Yankees Seats pix. Note how horrible they were.

Tomman1961 09-25-2011 09:54 AM

Now the after

khkco4bls 09-25-2011 10:17 AM

they were orig. the green color. if they were in great shape i would leave the green. If your going to paint them then go with the blue.

batsballsbases 09-25-2011 06:31 PM

Yankee seats

Yes I see your problem lots of rot on the main sections and a broken seat section on the metal. Funny I might have an extra metal section for those seats. Your pics on the after didnt come thru, if you have them try and send another . Would love to see the finish product!!

Tomman1961 09-26-2011 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Let me try the "after" again. The pix will show 2 seats left, sanded to almost bare wood. So, what is the right thing to do guys? Paint them the green, then the blue over it? I'm happy that I rescued these. Someone was throwing them in the trash. So I feel I saved what I could.Being a Baseball "historian" I know we have to save the past. This is best I could do. Heck-without me-they were in the land fill. So I was looking to save history as best I could.

batsballsbases 09-26-2011 05:32 PM

seats

They look good for all the work you put into them. I would say since you took off all green I would just prime them and paint them with the blue. This will probably be the last time they will be painted anyway so I think the blue will do. It takes at least 3 coats anyway to get the desired effect so you wouldnt see the green anyway. Paint first coat,wait a day do the next ,wait a day then do the final. really no need to sand in between coats. Lets see the final pics soon! Good luck Al

P.S. good to take alot of pics of them before and after that way people can see what they were and the reason for painting them!

Tomman1961 09-26-2011 06:42 PM

The "thumbs up" go to my Dad for his work. Thank you all for your input. Al-do you think there is a difference in look, if I spray on the paint, or brush it on? Again-thank you for getting me the correct paint color. I have been searching many years for the paint color. Thank you.Wow. Project nearly done after 25 years.

batsballsbases 09-26-2011 09:05 PM

seats

I would brush it on. I did mine with a brush and they came out great! Also if you look when they were at the stadium they would go around and slop paint on after a routy croud would smash the seats around after a bad game. There were drips and runs on alot of the seats. So dont make them look like they just came off the line!;);) That paint levels well and they will look great!