Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   1950 to 1959 Baseball cards- B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   people turning down free money peter iversen (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=130852)

sflayank 12-15-2010 01:31 PM

people turning down free money peter iversen

anyone ever hear of peter iverson?
according to him he has a 53 briggs meats carl erskine
he has a have list on the internet
and hes making a set...its the only briggs he has in his set so far
i offered him 4 briggs for his one and he turned it down
i then offered him 100 just for a scan of the card and he turned it down
any opinions out there? does anyone know this guy?
is he lying about having the card? or just stupid?

canjond 12-15-2010 02:06 PM

Maybe he's Allen's brother so money is of no concern to him.

canjond 12-15-2010 02:09 PM

All kidding aside, Larry - just because the guy does not want to scan a card or trade, does not mean he doesn't own the card. No offense, but if someone emailed me and offered me $100 to scan a card, I'd call BS and probably ignore the email.

While a lot of people on this board are happy to share (me included), there are many who are more private and would prefer not. I'm fine with that.

iggyman 12-15-2010 02:22 PM

Since you sarcastically asked for recommendations. I'll give you one........ Peter Iverson is one of the good guys. Collects Brooklyn Dodger cards, perhaps that is why he doesn't want to trade. With the crappy attitude you exhibit, by calling-out someone on a public message board over a freaking baseball card, I wouldn't want to trade with you either. Happy Holidays!

Lovely Day...

grainsley 12-15-2010 02:35 PM

Peter

I second Iggy's statement, have dealt with Peter, first class individual. Original poster might need to realize that not everyone will do anything for money. His card, his call.

sflayank 12-15-2010 02:45 PM

stupidity rules

thats correct...his card(or not) his call
if hes a dodger collector and only has 1 then taking 2 other dodgers from the set + 2 extra cards from the set would be a no brainer and as far as a scan is concerned more then willing to paypal him first before he emails the scan, if thats his big concern...TRUE COLLECTORS AND GOOD GUYS IN THE HOBBY AREN'T AFRAID TO SHOW A CARD
the fact he has a list posted on the web of all his needs and haves tells me hes not bashful about talking about what he has or doesnt have
If i have a card he needs on his list I certainly would expect him to ask me for a scan before he buys it...i wouldnt say sorry i only sell or trade in the blind
I dont care if Carl Erskine is his uncle...maybe u dont trade or sell it but you show a scan

canjond 12-15-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflayank (Post 855427)
If i have a card he needs on his list I certainly would expect him to ask me for a scan before he buys it...i wouldnt say sorry i only sell or trade in the blind

Your statement isn't the same... The difference is, in your example above, he is doing the solicitation and you are selling/trading the card he is soliciting from you. However, that is not what happened here. YOU contacted him and are trying to purchase/trade for his card - he did not solicit you... you solicited him. He wasn't offering his card for sale/trade. You are trying to buy/trade for his card unsolicitied.

And I still reiterate that you will find plenty of people who are unwilling to share scans of the cards they own. Again, I'm not one of those people, but those who choose to remain private are, in my opinion, no less enthusiastic about collecting than those who do contribute.