Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   1966 topps double punchout mickey mantle jim ray hart (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=110932)

Archive 12-20-2008 09:10 AM

1966 topps double punchout mickey mantle jim ray hart

Posted By: <b>larry</b><p>if the person who has this one reads these boards please post a scan

balloons88 11-16-2011 10:00 AM

hart/mantle

hi, i just joined this blog, are you still interested in the scan of this card?

ALR-bishop 11-16-2011 10:21 AM

66 Punh Outsj

Can't speak for Larry, but I would be grateful to see a scan of it, or of any of the other 66 Punch Outs...and Welcome

sflayank 11-16-2011 02:14 PM

66 mantle

hi al
theres a scan on hornish web site
now if the owner has a scan and wants to sell im ready
larry

ALR-bishop 11-16-2011 04:03 PM

66 Punch Outs

Larry--I have seen Dave's blog but if the proud owner wants to show it or them off here I like looking at them any chance I get. I would bet he knows there would be a lot of interest in it/them

sflayank 11-16-2011 04:27 PM

66 punch

agreed
ok proud owner...lets see it:)
larry

balloons88 11-16-2011 10:25 PM

punchouts

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I just joined the forum and I thought that you would like to see this picture. I decided to take this picture because anyone could have copied a scan from any baseball guide

balloons88 11-16-2011 10:29 PM

sorry the picture is so big

sorry that the picture is so large, i took it with my iphone and sent it my mail account and then posted it, i didn't realize it would be so big

doug.goodman 11-17-2011 02:03 AM

Welcome to Net54

Very cool items.

sflayank 11-17-2011 05:48 AM

66 punch

hi
email sent
instructions on the reverse? also do u have others?
and i am a buyer if for sale
thanks
larry

ALR-bishop 11-17-2011 07:57 AM

66 Punch Outs

Those are great. Is there an interesting story on how you came by them or their background ?

balloons88 11-17-2011 10:40 AM

punchouts

the back of the card is blank, there is a separate card with the instructions (I can post it if you want to see it) the story behind the cards is as follows: my late father in law was an avid collector with many valuable cards, he often sold cards to Alan Rosen. Anyway, my mother in law still lives in the same house with boxes of cards (these are mostly from the 80's and 90's) each card box is the long one with around 600 cards in each. My father in law was meticulous in the way he kept things. These cards weren't in that type of box, but in a small box with some large sized cards (5x7 inch) they were just sitting on top of them. When I squired them in 06, I couldn't find out much about them. There was only one or 2 things written. I contacted the author of the article who sent me to a second person who sent me to a third and so on. (I recognize the names of some of those people in this forum, I also sent the scans to the SBG in 07) Since then, I have learned as much as possible about them. (and I am still looking for more info, that is how i found this forum) I am sure that if my father in law (or Rosen) had any idea of the value of these cards, he would have bought them a long time ago. Now I have to decide what to do with them.:)

ALR-bishop 11-17-2011 11:31 AM

1966 Punch Outs

First name ?

Neat story. We all wish we had in laws like that :)

I would like to see the instruction card if not too much trouble...and pictures of any others you have. This is a real hobby treat

Al

toppcat 11-17-2011 05:00 PM

It's Jeff if I am not mistaken. The scans can been seen in my blog as I was corresponding for a while with Jeff. It's an amazing hoard of these.

http://toppsarchives.blogspot.com/se...%20Punchboards

I had assumed the instructions were on the back, interesting that they were a separate item. I suspect these hit a final phase of controlled testing and were halted just prior to a retail test when the kids who got to sample them reacted poorly to the design of the game. They ultimately ended up being made over into what was produced in '67.

I am not sure all of the intended checklist exists (28 are known by my count) but it should number at least 36 subjects, 2 per position per league as I figure it, with 40/20 a possibility. Like the '68 Plaks, some may not have been produced for the test.