Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question about eBay items (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=257425)

wdwfan 07-12-2018 05:31 PM

Question about eBay items

I've been on eBay for probably 20 years or more now, but I can't figure out something. When you go to show listings, is there a way to not show a particular seller?

I've been looking for vintage lately, and there's one particular seller who is way, way, way overpriced. I mean, his cards are like 2-3 times what they go for. But it seems everything that shows up is his.

Also I check out bid activity, and notice it appears one of the major vintage sellers bids on his own items (it appears this way because the second or third place bidder will have like 90% activity with this one particular seller).

Is there a way I can block those sellers' items from showing up when I look for cards? I don't want to deal with them or waste my time seeing their overpriced stuff or deal with bidding against the seller on something I am chasing. So was curious. Thanks.

JollyElm 07-12-2018 06:48 PM

I place "-dean" in every single one of my searches. I may change it to "-(dean, burbank)" to eliminate that seller, too.

clydepepper 07-12-2018 07:47 PM

Funny, we all knew immediately who the op meant...you would think he'd get the message...on the other hand, someone must be buying from Dean :rolleyes:

Burbank is my chosen source for modern cards...always good for me!

=

toledo_mudhen 07-13-2018 03:33 AM

LOL - I had "Deans" halfway thru the 2nd sentence.....

bobbyw8469 07-13-2018 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1794459)
Funny, we all knew immediately who the op meant...you would think he'd get the message...on the other hand, someone must be buying from Dean :rolleyes:

Burbank is my chosen source for modern cards...always good for me!

=

I bought from Dean the first time I got in the hobby...when I didn't know any better.

Rhotchkiss 07-13-2018 05:28 AM

Anyone have advice on the OT’s question - how to block certain sellers from eBay searches? I would be very interested in that answer as well.

JollyElm 07-13-2018 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 1794498)
Anyone have advice on the OT’s question - how to block certain sellers from eBay searches? I would be very interested in that answer as well.

The easiest way is to add the dealers' names to this set up -(separate each seller by commas within the parentheses). Post this on the same line as your search. For example, this is how you'd search for a 1972 Nolan Ryan card:

1972 Topps 595 -(dean, burbank, dealer name, dealer name)

Mr. Zipper 07-13-2018 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In advanced search you can choose to exclude a seller:

Rhotchkiss 07-13-2018 09:32 AM

Awesome. Sincere thanks guys. This is a huge help.

JollyElm 07-13-2018 02:45 PM

Be very careful with my method, though. If you try to search for a Dean Chance card, you'll end up in some bizarre parallel universe. :D

MikeGarcia 07-13-2018 04:32 PM

Warning...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1794612)
Be very careful with my method, though. If you try to search for a Dean Chance card, you'll end up in some bizarre parallel universe. :D

..and there's a fat chance you'll find a Chubby Dean...