Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Ebay , make offer (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=265226)

EvilKing00 01-30-2019 06:49 PM

Ebay , make offer

So i was buying a bat on ebay, one my son can use in games. Price is 35 or make offer. So i offered 19. Old bat which cant be used in little league. He counters me at $35. Hmmm ok, i really wanted it, so i upped my offer to $30. Never got a counter, so a day or so later offer expired. 🙀 why no counter ? So i just went in next day and got it for $35, but why bother with the ban make offer button lol:rolleyes::rolleyes:

bnorth 01-30-2019 07:12 PM

This is getting way more common on eBay and COMC. About a moth ago a seller had a card listed at $40. It is kind rare so I offered the $30 they sell for when you can find one. Never got a response but the seller raised the price to $50.

Got lucky and had the opposite happen on a very nice LS Wade Boggs promo bat recently. Seller had it listed as a game issued model for $250. I recently got the Malta book and messaged the seller(consignment seller) and explained what the bat really was and picked it up for $100.:D

Snapolit1 01-31-2019 10:38 AM

Lot of silliness with this stuff. I've seen people selling cards for $950 OBO and then come back and tell you they "have to get" $925. Really. Then just list the damm card at $925.

bnorth 02-15-2019 07:34 PM

Seller has a item listed at $20.99 with the best offer option. I sent a $19 offer and the seller countered with the $20.99 it is listed at. BLEEPING morons.:)

Fuddjcal 02-21-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1855060)
Seller has a item listed at $20.99 with the best offer option. I sent a $19 offer and the seller countered with the $20.99 it is listed at. BLEEPING morons.:)

It's moron central on E-bay. Some guys like looking at their stuff and think it's worth more than it is. :D, No counter offer shows their business skills and tells you everything you need to know about them. ZERO's. Just pass to the next card...

bnorth 02-21-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1856856)
It's moron central on E-bay. Some guys like looking at their stuff and think it's worth more than it is. :D, No counter offer shows their business skills and tells you everything you need to know about them. ZERO's. Just pass to the next card...

I have run into a lot of this lately. I would complain but I have been known to do the same.:D

frankbmd 02-21-2019 09:28 AM

There is no harm, no foul in making a reasonable or unreasonable offer.

If you hook a moron, just catch and release.:D

Yastrzemski Sports 02-21-2019 09:49 AM

I ran into this last week where the seller had an auction starting for $6 obo. I offered $4 and was turned down. I think the sellers are hoping someone will offer above the start price for them to end the auction. Just a theory.

kickstand19 02-21-2019 02:46 PM

Speaking from experience, I happen to think it has more to do with the default settings eBay now puts on listings. The best offer option is automatically selected whenever you list a BIN. You have to manually change it to not accept offers. Also too, eBay will insert the best offer option whenever your listings fail to reach a certain amount of views over a given period. I think some sellers with the Best Offer option are unaware.

buymycards 02-22-2019 08:25 AM

eBay

Yes, eBay likes to suprise us. For the last couple of years, I have only mailed to US locations. Last week, a buyer from Canada purchased one of my items. I looked at the listed, and it showed that I was enrolled in the Global shipping program. So, I sent the item to Canada directly and bypassed the GSP.

Then, I started looking at my items, and all 600 of them showed that I was in the Global shipping program. I never received any info from eBay about this and I never opted into the program. So, I had to go to my account and manually opt out. Wouldn't you think that eBay would have let me know about it?

Rick

Yastrzemski Sports 02-22-2019 09:00 AM

I use the gsp and your post raises a couple of red flags for your transaction. By not using the gsp to generate a label you put yourself in a bad position. If eBay is unable to track your package and the buyer claims they didn’t get it then they can get refunded for the item. Second, the buyer paid probably $20+ for the shipping. You never see that money - eBay gets it directly to handle the intl ship. So they paid for a service they didn’t get. Intl tracking is expensive and changes often. I use the gsp so I don’t have to fill out all of the forms or keep up with changing rates. I just send to the us location and eBay handles the rest.

When I signed up for gsp it was totally voluntary and I had to go through several steps to sign up. I’m not sure how they have changed things so your account and all of your listings now accept it but you probably want to contact them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 1857130)
Yes, eBay likes to suprise us. For the last couple of years, I have only mailed to US locations. Last week, a buyer from Canada purchased one of my items. I looked at the listed, and it showed that I was enrolled in the Global shipping program. So, I sent the item to Canada directly and bypassed the GSP.

Then, I started looking at my items, and all 600 of them showed that I was in the Global shipping program. I never received any info from eBay about this and I never opted into the program. So, I had to go to my account and manually opt out. Wouldn't you think that eBay would have let me know about it?

Rick

buymycards 02-22-2019 09:32 AM

eBay

Hi Adam, thank you for your input. You make some good points. However, the buyer paid me directly and did not pay anything to the GSP. I charged him around $10.50, which is the minimum for a package to Canada, with tracking, for 8 oz or less. I tracked it as it made it's way to the customer and I saw the delivery scan right after it was delivered.

Rick

vintagetoppsguy 02-22-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 1857155)
However, the buyer paid me directly and did not pay anything to the GSP.

I think the buyer still paid the fee, you just didn't see it. I think this is the way it works, but I've only done it a couple times and that was a long time ago. So, you should have packaged the item and shipped to the eBay GSP location. They receive it, verify contents, re-package it and send it to the buyer (Canada or wherever) with their own tracking number. Your responsibility ends once the package arrives at eBay's GSP location. They're responsible at that point to get it to the buyer. That's the other fee that Adam is referring to. You charge/collect for regular US shipping to the GSP location, the additional fee is to get it from the GSP location to the buyer (which you don't see that fee). Again, I may be wrong, it's been a long time, but maybe Adam can clarify if I didn't get it right.

Yastrzemski Sports 02-22-2019 12:01 PM

Everything you said is 100%. If you bought on eBay and paid on eBay then that’s what happens. It sounds like it may have been more of a pp ff situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1857171)
I think the buyer still paid the fee, you just didn't see it. I think this is the way it works, but I've only done it a couple times and that was a long time ago. So, you should have packaged the item and shipped to the eBay GSP location. They receive it, verify contents, re-package it and send it to the buyer (Canada or wherever) with their own tracking number. Your responsibility ends once the package arrives at eBay's GSP location. They're responsible at that point to get it to the buyer. That's the other fee that Adam is referring to. You charge/collect for regular US shipping to the GSP location, the additional fee is to get it from the GSP location to the buyer (which you don't see that fee). Again, I may be wrong, it's been a long time, but maybe Adam can clarify if I didn't get it right.