Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gathering Cards for a PSA Piggybacking Submission for AUGUST - CARDS BACK!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=243039)

tjb1952tjb 08-02-2017 04:51 AM

I'll be sending you 15-20 cards. Thanks.

bobbyw8469 08-02-2017 06:11 AM

Cool deal.....I'll go ahead and get the ball rolling by filling out the spreadsheet then. Looks like we are going to get to 100.....

Tim Zwick 08-02-2017 01:06 PM

Count Me In......

I'll have 10-15 cards Bobby. Please PM me where to ship. Thanks--Tim

bobbyw8469 08-02-2017 01:22 PM

The shipping info and costs are on page #1

JollyElm 08-02-2017 02:17 PM

And another question from the 'I've never had a card graded' set...

Hopefully I'm going to send you a bunch of cards, and some will be variations ('recognized' variations, not weird print anomalies and such). Are there specific PSA forms we should fill out beforehand to include with the cards, so there will be no mistakes made (such as PSA NOT indicating on the flip that the card is the variation)? Plus, this would also save you a helluva lot of time doing paperwork, yes?

bobbyw8469 08-02-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1686475)
And another question from the 'I've never had a card graded' set...

Hopefully I'm going to send you a bunch of cards, and some will be variations ('recognized' variations, not weird print anomalies and such). Are there specific PSA forms we should fill out beforehand to include with the cards, so there will be no mistakes made (such as PSA NOT indicating on the flip that the card is the variation)? Plus, this would also save you a helluva lot of time doing paperwork, yes?

Do you see specific examples of others being graded with the specific variation that you have?? If you have, that shows precedence, and I will be able to find the variation when I do the spreadsheet. If you HAVE NOT seen other cards being graded with your variation, then you have to call PSA and see if they are willing to catalogue your variation in particular, and that is a whole new ball of wax that I am not interested in getting into. Getting PSA to recognize new variations is an EXTREMELY undertaking chore.

JollyElm 08-02-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1686491)
Do you see specific examples of others being graded with the specific variation that you have?? If you have, that shows precedence, and I will be able to find the variation when I do the spreadsheet. If you HAVE NOT seen other cards being graded with your variation, then you have to call PSA and see if they are willing to catalogue your variation in particular, and that is a whole new ball of wax that I am not interested in getting into. Getting PSA to recognize new variations is an EXTREMELY undertaking chore.

No, I included this statement "('recognized' variations, not weird print anomalies and such)" to purposefully head off thoughts like that at the pass. The cards will all be accepted, known variations. My only concern is PSA thinking, for instance, a 1966 Topps Groat without the traded statement on back (the variation) is just a regular 1966 Groat card. So, if we spell out to you what the card is (including PSA's exact terminology from the POP reports - in this case, Dick Groat No Trade Statement), you'll add that to the forms and all is fine, no problems? That works for me. Cool. Just wanted to make sure that the paperwork for all the cards will jibe.

bobbyw8469 08-02-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 1686499)
No, I included this statement "('recognized' variations, not weird print anomalies and such)" to purposefully head off thoughts like that at the pass. The cards will all be accepted, known variations. My only concern is PSA thinking, for instance, a 1966 Topps Groat without the traded statement on back (the variation) is just a regular 1966 Groat card. So, if we spell out to you what the card is (including PSA's exact terminology from the POP reports - in this case, Dick Groat No Trade Statement), you'll add that to the forms and all is fine, no problems? That works for me. Cool. Just wanted to make sure that the paperwork for all the cards will jibe.

If it is a KNOWN graded variation, and you note it as such, when I do the spreadsheet, it will pop up. I used to do these forms by hand. Until I realized HOW easy it was to do the spread sheet!!! It prefills the info for you once you start typing, showing you all variations. I know I'm doing a horrible job at explaining how it works, but it really makes it idiot proof. Now I wont ever do it by hand ever again.

KingFisk 08-02-2017 08:45 PM

Sorry if I missed it, but are you capping the submission at 100? I am interested in joining but sounds like you are nearing/are over 100 based on feedback. Thanks, Bobby!

bobbyw8469 08-03-2017 04:36 AM

No...no cap....

If you want to send them, come on...if not, save them for a time when I might need to pull the old BULK SUB out of the hat again. The Bulk Sub, as cheap as it sounds, has not been as cheap as the monthly special had been. HOWEVER, PSA has been a little slow to put out a "MODERN" sub special. I'm not sure if they are pushing towards a higher price point or not. I'm not paying to find out.