Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T205's at Disney World (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=348274)

Alaskanmade 04-10-2024 04:42 PM

T205's at Disney World

1 Attachment(s)
Went to Disney World for the first time, and saw these T205 replica's at "Casey At the Bat" (hotdog restaurant). I always find it interesting that art departments gravitate to the T205's when looking for an "old" baseball card.

DeanH3 04-10-2024 10:24 PM

I was just there a couple weeks ago, first timers as well, and missed this. Way cool. Thanks for sharing. I'll check it out next we go.

jsfriedm 04-11-2024 06:37 AM

I always think about the cover for the paperback edition of "The Glory of Their Times."

toppcat 04-11-2024 08:23 AM

Surprising things show up at Disney parks sometimes. The Japanese pavilion at EPCOT had, for years, a really nice display of 1950's and 60's original toy robots and packaging from a major collection of same on loan. It was fairly comprehensive given the locale. Last time we went there, in 2021 IIRC, it was gone, replaced by some inane J-pop looking thing, so some such silliness.

And long past but they used to sell original, theatrical Disney animation cels at Disneyland in the Fifties and early Sixties. Disneyworld, in the Nineties also sold some cels but from their later Orlando Studio TV productions. We tourded the Orlando studio twice and their gift shop had a number of classic Disney shorts collections on DVD, many of which are super-collectable now.

h2oya311 04-11-2024 09:56 AM

Cool. Thanks for sharing. I was there not that long ago (I go to Disney often) but didn’t see the display there at Casey’s.

My wife is a travel agent who specializes in Disney and Universal. If you ever need help planning a trip with (or without) the kids/grandkids, just reach out. She doesn’t cost a thing (to you) and can help navigate the craziness that is Disney now (Genie+, Lightning Lane, tips and tricks to get on all the best rides, dining, etc). It’s no joke these days.

Kidnapped18 04-11-2024 02:29 PM

Cool!!! I have been to Disney World 25+ times and have been to and eaten at Casey's. Will pay attention next time I'm there!

Craziness is an understatement!! I just helped a first time Disney goer with do's and don'ts two weeks ago. She took her two kids to Disney World and I told her what rides to target each day at each park. She decided to do all four parks in Orlando in five days!!! Yikes! :eek:

Leon 04-12-2024 06:28 AM

Cool display. And they picked one of the best looking series to show the public.

Yes, I have heard some horror stories about the cost of Disney as well as the super long lines. Not a place I would go....

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2oya311 (Post 2425952)
Cool. Thanks for sharing. I was there not that long ago (I go to Disney often) but didn’t see the display there at Casey’s.

My wife is a travel agent who specializes in Disney and Universal. If you ever need help planning a trip with (or without) the kids/grandkids, just reach out. She doesn’t cost a thing (to you) and can help navigate the craziness that is Disney now (Genie+, Lightning Lane, tips and tricks to get on all the best rides, dining, etc). It’s no joke these days.