Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Storing Baseball publications (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=336005)

nolemmings 05-28-2023 04:18 PM

Storing Baseball publications

I recently became more interested in baseball publications-- mags, yearbooks, programs, etc-- and am looking for the best way to store them. Baseball Magazine is too wide to fit into binder pages, and several others are real snug, almost too much. I have some stored in rigid toploaders but would really like to keep them in a binder or something where I could flip through them and easily keep them together. Are there products you folks can recommend? Thx in advance.

doug.goodman 05-28-2023 06:22 PM

I use "boards & bags" like comic books

nolemmings 05-29-2023 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 2343596)

Thanks. I'm guessing that there are no 3-ring binder sheets for oversize publications like Baseball Magazine?

icollectDCsports 05-30-2023 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolemmings (Post 2343738)
Thanks. I'm guessing that there are no 3-ring binder sheets for oversize publications like Baseball Magazine?

What are the dimensions? I can't recall how big they are.

nolemmings 05-30-2023 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icollectDCsports (Post 2343988)
What are the dimensions? I can't recall how big they are.

The ones I have at hand are about 9 3/8" x 11 3/8"

aelefson 05-30-2023 03:04 PM

I use Itoya portfolio type binders. I don't think there is a perfect size one for baseball magazines but you could board and bag them as Doug mentioned above and then put them in the portfolio. I don't love them but that is the best option I have found for storing anything larger than what fits in the magazine size plastic page for regular binders.

Alan

JMEnglish27 05-30-2023 03:35 PM

I do wish there was a user friendly yet readable preservation method - especially for old newspaper type publications.

Much less precious/irreplaceable than mentioned above, but I collect the tabloid sized fan newspapers of the 70s and 80s (A's News/Giants Journal/Braves Banner etc) - bagged and boarded as has been suggested. I just wish I could go to a binder format of some kind where they'd be protected but still readable.

Lordstan 05-30-2023 08:23 PM

I think the problem is the same for all publication types. People want to be able to read them while at the same time preserving them. The issue is the more they are handled, the less they are preserved.
Perhaps for this that want both and are willing to put a little more effort in, scan the publications page by page. Once scanned, you can read it over and over without handling them. Store them in bage with boards and you're golden.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

mrreality68 05-31-2023 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 2343596)

Same here