Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   O/T Writer Richard Matheson has passed away (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=171256)

milkit1 06-24-2013 06:41 PM

O/T Writer Richard Matheson has passed away
 
3 Attachment(s)
I know this has nothing to do with the forum but The Twilight Zone is my favorite show of alltime and just wanted to let anyone else who likes the show here know that writer Richard Matheson has died. He was literally the most important TZ alum still alive having written 16 episodes (the most TZ episodes written by anyone except Charles Beaumont and Rod Serling).
"Night Call" is the scariest thing I have ever seen and of course everyone remembers "nightmare at 10,000 feet.
He also wrote I AM LEGEND which was the sole inspiration for George Romero's "Night of the living dead" which has spawned every zombie movie since!


Attachment 104341

Attachment 104342

Attachment 104343

milkit1 06-24-2013 06:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
couple more


Attachment 104349

Attachment 104350

Paul S 06-24-2013 07:01 PM

I wouldn't even think he was still alive. The Invaders totally freaked me out when I saw it way back when on broadcast TV. Who would have thought that toy robots could...and that scene with the knife!

Section103 06-24-2013 07:03 PM

I Am Legend is a wonderful, beautifully crafted story. I absolutely love that book with all of my heart. He inspired Steven King tremendously.

milkit1 06-24-2013 07:04 PM

"The Invaders" had a terrific Angus Moorehead in it. Oner of the alltime great payoffs too! " A race of giants!"

barrysloate 06-24-2013 07:08 PM

The actress who was bandaged up in the episode "Eye of the Beholder" died just last week.

It was Maxine Stuart and she died June 6 (I looked it up).

frankbmd 06-24-2013 07:18 PM

Not O/T at all
 
Intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

Richard Matheson wrote Twilight Zone (Episode) 91

entitled "Little Lost Girl"

http://twitchfilm.com/2011/10/explor...girl-lost.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcElKvq2KY8

a k a - The Adrian Episode

milkit1 06-24-2013 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1150535)
The actress who was bandaged up in the episode "Eye of the Beholder" died just last week.

It was Maxine Stuart and she died June 6 (I looked it up).

Thanks Barry, i didnt know that!I got her on this card but the auto came out terrible, barely better then nothing :/

Attachment 104352

milkit1 06-24-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1150541)
Intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

Richard Matheson wrote Twilight Zone (Episode) 91

entitled "Little Lost Girl"

http://twitchfilm.com/2011/10/explor...girl-lost.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcElKvq2KY8

a k a - The Adrian Episode

nice!I always considered Adrian the gremlin on the airplane wing myself ;)

barrysloate 06-24-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkit1 (Post 1150548)
Thanks Barry, i didnt know that!I got her on this card but the auto came out terrible, barely better then nothing :/

Attachment 104352

There were two actresses playing that role- Maxine Stuart was bandaged up and not visible to the audience, and when the bandages were removed she was replaced by Donna Douglas.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.