Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1917 Shoeless Joe Jackson Sporting News CONTEST! SOLD OUT!!!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=249172)

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 12-22-2017 08:56 AM

1917 Shoeless Joe Jackson Sporting News CONTEST! SOLD OUT!!!!

https://sportscardalbum.com/c/7ce7v85m.jpg

Congrats to the winner of this contest!!! Brendan Mullen Drawing took place at 9:07 PM Est.

SOLD OUT

Slots are as follows...

M.ichael Sel.vaggi - 18 Slots
R.andolph C.apel - 13 Slots
Ju.stin Sutt.erfield - 10 Slots
Greg Nazareth - 10 Slots
Jo.hn Tet.ta - 5 Slots
Bren.dan Mul.len - 5 Slots
Kev.in Macca.rone - 5 Slots
A.nthony Vigluc.ci - 5 Slots
Tho.mas Bott.icelli - 5 Slots
St.eve Or.th - 4 Slots
Joh.n Yo.he - 4 Slots
Bria.n Sc.ott - 4 Slots
St.eve N.apolitano - 3 Slots
To.ny R.uggiero - 2 Slots
Sc.ott Liedt.ke - 2 Slots
Jo.hn Trinc.ellito - 2 Slots
An.thony C.arrotta - 1 Slot
Bar.ry Sl.oate - 1 Slot
Pa.ul G.raszka - 1 Slot

Hello everyone.

I hope that your holiday season has been fantastic so far! I am here to hopefully make it a little bit better.

First... Let's keep this fun! If you want in.. great! If not, please do not rain on other people's parades.

I am sure that most, if not all of you are all familiar with the set breaks that take place on this forum.

Well I want to do something a little bit different.

I want to offer up this awesome 1917 Sporting News Record Book with Joe Jackson on the cover.

I value this booklet between $400 and $500 dollars which is a fair appraisal based off of it’s 2013 sale at Heritage Auctions for $370.45.

Link here: https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-c...151335-42103.s

I am only making available 100 slots at $5.00 per slot.

Buy 4 slots get 1 free!

The winner will be drawn live on January 9th at 9 PM EST. (sooner if slots fill up fast).

Payments can be sent via PayPal to Sales@TopTierCollectibles.com as goods and services.

(other forms of payment accepted as well so PM me)

The best part is that even if you do not win, you will receive a $5.00 Voucher towards any purchase from me in the future.

Again, only 100 slots are being made available, so your chances of winning aren’t bad at all (especially if you buy more than 1 slot).

Rules:

I am using random.org

I purchased their software and will draw live via a video feed on their site.

I will contact all participants once the slots fill up (via email) and come up with a number collectively that people agree on that will decide the winner.

I will then randomly generate 5 separate times on the program with the 5th time being the one that is used.

Also anyone that doesn't win receives a voucher towards a future purchase so everyone is a winner.

P.S If by some chance the slots do not fill up, all payments will be refunded immediately, AND you will still receive the $5.00 voucher.

If this goes well, I will be raffling off some pretty unique items in the future!

Good Luck!

Stephen A.bbondandolo

Bpm0014 12-22-2017 10:58 AM

I'll take 4 slots!

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 12-22-2017 12:47 PM

32 slots sold! 68 remain. Just to clarify,buying 8 slots is equivalent to 10.

Thanks again for all the support.

frankbmd 12-22-2017 05:32 PM

A few questions

Exactly how will the winner be selected to assure both randomness and transparency?

Do the slots have numbers or are they merely names on bits of paper?

Will a random number generator be used or will the winner be selected by hand picking a bit of paper out of a bowl?

If the latter, will the hand be a non-partisan third party hand or the hand of a principal in the raffle.

If a hand is used, will the owner of the hand be blindfolded for the drawing?

Will there be third party certification that all slot holders have an equal chance of winning regardless of the methodology employed?

Is this type of raffle legal in the state where it is being conducted?

If the prize is lost in transit by the post office after the winner has been determined, what percentage of the ticket revenue will the winner receive in lieu of the prize? 100%; 50% or what.

Leon 12-22-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1732006)
Exactly how will the winner be selected to assure both randomness and transparency?

Do the slots have numbers or are they merely names on bits of paper?

Will a random number generator be used or will the winner be selected by hand picking a bit of paper out of a bowel?

If the latter, will the hand be a non-partisan third party hand or the hand of a principal in the raffle.

If a hand is used, will the owner of the hand be blindfolded for the drawing?

Will there be third party certification that all slot holders have an equal chance of winning regardless of the methodology employed?

Is this type of raffle legal in the state where it is being conducted?

If the prize is lost in transit by the post office after the winner has been determined, what percentage of the ticket revenue will the winner receive in lieu of the prize? 100%; 50% or what.

Frank- I suggest you not play and not worry about it.

Peter_Spaeth 12-22-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1732006)
Will a random number generator be used or will the winner be selected by hand picking a bit of paper out of a bowel?

If the latter, to whom will fall that undoubtedly pleasant task? :D

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 12-22-2017 05:56 PM

I am using random.org

I purchased their software and will draw live via a video feed on their site.

I will contact all participants and come up with a number collectively that people agree on.

Then will randomly generate 5 separate times with the 5th time being the time that is used.

Also anyone that doesn't win receives a voucher towards a future purchase so everyone is a winner.

Leon 12-22-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1732017)
If the latter, to whom will fall that undoubtedly pleasant task? :D

And I want to add more transparency to this thread. One of the ways to advertise on this forum is to buy a thread on the front page. That is what Stephen did and he ran every bit by me first. If there are any issues whatsoever I will pick up the slack. No one has to worry about being ripped off.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 12-22-2017 06:11 PM

Thanks Leon..

This is gonna be a great contest. Already filled 38 slots in just under 10 hours! I'm very excited and hope someone that will cherish this wins.

bnorth 12-22-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE (Post 1732027)
Thanks Leon..

This is gonna be a great contest. Already filled 38 slots in just under 10 hours! I'm very excited and hope someone that will cherish this wins.

This type of raffle has been done on here a few times. The others had 100% transparency about every aspect from the beginning. I don't have a link to any of them but with a quick search you should be able to find one of them. Using one of them as a model now or in the future will definitely help you out as they were done very professionally.

If the winner wants to make a quick $10 I am your guy.;):D

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 12-22-2017 06:43 PM

I appreciate the post. After this raffle I'm actually going to make a site so it is easier for people to check out and purchase rather than having to go through PayPal manually. I have no doubt that this is going to go over very well and look forward to working some very desirable and unique items into future contests!

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 12-26-2017 05:50 PM

Hope everyone had a great holiday! I need to fill 28 more slots still. We are almost there. PM me if you'd like some slots for a chance to win an amazing Joe Jackson artifact.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 12-28-2017 06:31 PM

New Prices!

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 01-03-2018 02:37 PM

LAST CaLL!!

Updated prices on my website! Less than a week left to get in. Slots can be bought from my site under the contest section! Checkout is easy!

Bpm0014 01-06-2018 09:01 AM

How many spots left? I’m anxious for this to sell out! Haha

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 01-06-2018 09:04 AM

26 left. Gonna make one final push. If no one else the people in the contest will have way better odds!

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 01-07-2018 12:11 PM

11 spots left!

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 01-09-2018 03:36 PM

Drawing is tonight!

Check your emails for the code to enter the contest. Make you sure downloaded the necessary program which I sent via email a few days ago.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 01-09-2018 06:56 PM

If you have not gotten in the room yet please email me for a link. I emailed out links to everyone however if you are not in the room message me here.

Bpm0014 01-09-2018 07:22 PM

Yesssss!!!!! That was pretty neat. Thanks again! So excited!