Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My Chantilly Show - Met solid Net54 guys like Dave Schrader & Scott Russell (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=271438)

Robbie 07-18-2019 04:45 PM

My Chantilly Show - Met solid Net54 guys like Dave Schrader & Scott Russell

Hey... with all the turmoil going on, and with seemingly a great majority of the threads focused on that, I wanted to take the opportunity to let the community know that the Chantilly Show had some really terrific people from Net 54 there, including good honest dealers!

I spent some extra time with a couple of guys set up at the show that I had not met before, Dave Schrader and Scott Russell. After 35+ years, I like the social aspect at least as much as running around the show floor. So, I spoke with them quite a bit, saw the respectful way they treated people... buyers, sellers, people just looking... how they handled transactions... and from that, I believe I got a small but accurate glimpse into their character, fairness, honesty, and the way they conduct business.

Based on what I saw, these guys are solid, and I would encourage people to feel confident about doing business with them.

Dave Schrader of Bagger's Auctions

and

Scott Russell of Birmingham Auctioneers and Aquarian

Full Disclosure: I did not transact business with either one of them at the show. This was based solely on observation and interaction. Further, I have absolutely no financial interest or incentive for saying this other than appreciating having good people in the hobby and wanting to share my thoughts.

Thank you Dave and Scott. It was truly a pleasure.

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-18-2019 04:56 PM

Robbie I can honestly say the pleasure was mine. Your knowledge on photographs and your willingness to share that knowledge was a big help.

It was also fun to introduce you to the guys at REA "The Next Generation" :)

I wonder if it was a reaction to the scandal, but I met a bunch of new-to-me Net54 members.

Look forward to seeing you again and never hesitate to get in touch for any reason!

BabyRuth 07-18-2019 05:38 PM

Dave is a great guy - had many fine dealings with him through the years!!!
He got me started on my Schapira Ruth set!!

Robbie 07-18-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1900251)
Robbie I can honestly say the pleasure was mine. Your knowledge on photographs and your willingness to share that knowledge was a big help.

It was also fun to introduce you to the guys at REA "The Next Generation" :)

I wonder if it was a reaction to the scandal, but I met a bunch of new-to-me Net54 members.

Look forward to seeing you again and never hesitate to get in touch for any reason!

Yes... Thanks for the intro. Rob was the only person I had ever dealt with at REA since he started, so it was nice to meet a couple of the "new" guys. :)
It turns out that I had known Mike from years ago when he was with a different company... and we ended up having a very long conversation.

Let's talk again soon. And I'm happy that you are including some nice photos in your upcoming auctions! :D

drcy 07-18-2019 08:13 PM

As opposed to liquid?

"One was gaseous.

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-19-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 1900291)
As opposed to liquid?

"One was gaseous.

I'm generally a solid, and though I get gassy I don't think it's ever gone so far as to be gaseous!

Robbie 07-19-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

As opposed to liquid?

"One was gaseous.

Hi David...

Maybe you wouldn't describe some people in the industry as "liquid," but their ethics are sure watered down.

NYYFan63 07-19-2019 05:50 PM

I have dealt with Dave and Mer when they come to the Philly Show 3-4 times / year and truly enjoy talking with them. They are both very honest and respectful people who I have made several purchases. They are both very kind and respectful to all visitors to their booth.

I have not met Scott but will look for him at the Philly Show in Sept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lloydchristmas 07-20-2019 10:12 PM

Bummer I missed the show. There’s always a great seller there who I’ve purchased a few raw T206s from. He’s on here too, apologies for not remembering your name.

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-21-2019 03:18 AM

Likely my partner in crime Tom. He has the best selection at the show by far.

BigBeerGut 07-21-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

As opposed to liquid?

"One was gaseous.

Everyone wants to be Liquid

Dave at Baggers Auction House is a gentleman and a scholar

Baggers reminds me of Lee at Sterling in that both operators are
mensch types

MD

kateighty 07-21-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1900251)

Personally, I think it was in part due to fellow members who wanted to see you sing Chantilly Lace :) Thanks Robbie for sharing and hope to see everyone at the Philly Show in September.