Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Submitting to SGC (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=163801)

jrenaut 02-18-2013 08:52 PM

Submitting to SGC

I have some raw cards I'd like to submit to SGC. This month they're doing a special on cards 1900-present that isn't a great deal on new cards but it's not bad for old stuff. I have mostly T206s and one American Caramel to submit.

My problem is that I don't know how to fill out their form, and they aren't answering their email.

The form has a couple of columns I'm not sure how to fill out
Year - Do I need to find out the specific year, or will they take 1909-11?
Issuing Company - is this the cigarette company, (eg Polar Bear or Piedmont)?
Card# or Designation - T206? What do I put here
Variation or comments - I thought if the back wasn't "Issuing Company" it would go here

Any help is appreciated. And anything to avoid a phone call - actually talking on a phone these days gives me hives...

queencitysportscards 02-18-2013 08:56 PM

Sgc

Hope this helps...I have submitted to SGC before and my entire Cincy set to date is graded by SGC

The form has a couple of columns I'm not sure how to fill out

Year - Do I need to find out the specific year, or will they take 1909-11?
They will take 1909-11

Issuing Company - is this the cigarette company, (eg Polar Bear or Piedmont)?
Cigarette Company

Card# or Designation - T206? What do I put here
No need for card # T206 is fine

Variation or comments - I thought if the back wasn't "Issuing Company" it would go here

I would add variation back

I usually use the online form, but you can request a kit and they will mail you submission forms

jrenaut 02-18-2013 09:09 PM

Thanks for the quick response. So does this look right?
<table><tr><th>Qty (Per Line)</th><th>Year</th><th>Issuing Company</th><th>Player Name</th><th>Card# or Designation</th><th>Variation or comments</th><th>Declared Value</th></tr>
<tr><td>1</td><td>1909-11</td><td>Polar Bear</td><td>Conroy</td><td>T206</td><td></td><td>$33</td></tr></table>

queencitysportscards 02-18-2013 09:38 PM

You should be fine with that...just keep in mind, when you are sending money TPG's always figure it out! Everything has to be pre-paid and they will call you with any questions. One thing to consider (I always do) is to accept or reject IF they determine the card has been altered or trimmed do you want it to be slabbed in an "A" Authentic holder or not (this is on the form). Make sure you specify.

Good Luck!

jrenaut 02-18-2013 09:50 PM

Thanks for the warning. I'm fine with getting an "A" - This is more for preservation than for hoping to flip high grade cards.

kmac32 02-18-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrenaut (Post 1091220)
Thanks for the warning. I'm fine with getting an "A" - This is more for preservation than for hoping to flip high grade cards.

That is exactly why my E121 cards are graded. It preserves them and they present better.