Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WTB: A Portrait of Baseball Photography (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=139133)

ibuysportsephemera 07-11-2011 01:00 PM

WTB: A Portrait of Baseball Photography

Does anyone have an extra copy of the Fogel and Yee book that they want to sell?

Thanks,

Jeff

jcmtiger 07-11-2011 01:37 PM

I saw copies on Amazon.com, from $45.00 and up used.

Joe

ibuysportsephemera 07-11-2011 03:27 PM

Thanks Joe...I saw them as well but was hoping to find it cheaper here. Do you know why the listings all say Part 2 of a series. Is there more than 1 book?

Thanks,

Jeff

thecatspajamas 07-11-2011 03:55 PM

The book was part of an intended series of books collectively titled "The Vintage Guides" put out by "MastroNet." Book 1 was "MastroNet Reference and Price Guide for Collecting Game Used Baseball Bats."

"A Portrait of Baseball Photography" was Book 2 of the series. Not sure if they got past #2 in the series.

Incidentally, I've been keeping my eyes open for a back-up copy of the book, and they don't turn up too often. If you're needing one any time soon, Amazon is probably the way to go unless someone knows of a hidden cache of unsold copies, in which case I would like to pick up a couple more for gifts.

jcmtiger 07-11-2011 04:32 PM

Jeff, I found a couple of copies on Abebooks.com for $35.00

Joe

ibuysportsephemera 07-11-2011 04:34 PM

Thanks Joe

Awesome...I am off to Abe to purchase one.

Update: I was successful and got one for $38.50 including shipping. There appears to be at least 1 more at that price.

Thanks again Joe for the heads up.

Jeff

jcmtiger 07-11-2011 04:52 PM

Great, enjoy the book, glad I could help.

Joe

prewarsports 07-12-2011 11:55 PM

I dont like the Type system but the book is a must to help date photos based on their stamps (approximately) but sometimes companies would use old stamps for years after changing addresses or going to a newer design so it is not 100% but the book is a GREAT photo reference guide!

Rhys Yeakley

horzverti 07-22-2013 01:15 PM

copy FS

Hello all,

I have an extra copy available if anyone wants it for $55. Like new condition.

Super reference guide. Includes info regarding: Type system, early photog agencies, famous baseball photographers (Conlon, Bain, Van Oeyen, Horner and Thompson), industry consolidation, agency stamping (identification) and many great images. A definite must have if you collect vintage BB photos.

PP gift preferred.

PM me if interested.

Thanks

horzverti 07-22-2013 02:00 PM

Moved to Memorabilia B/S/T section

Moved to correct section. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by horzverti (Post 1161433)
Hello all,

I have an extra copy available if anyone wants it for $55. Like new condition.

Super reference guide. Includes info regarding: Type system, early photog agencies, famous baseball photographers (Conlon, Bain, Van Oeyen, Horner and Thompson), industry consolidation, agency stamping (identification) and many great images. A definite must have if you collect vintage BB photos.

PP gift preferred.

PM me if interested.

Thanks