Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dyersville IA Field of Dreams card show (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244199)

buymycards 08-27-2017 07:26 AM

Dyersville IA Field of Dreams card show

1 Attachment(s)
Good Afternoon Collectors & Dealers,

We are hosting a huge Sports Card Show in Dyersville, Iowa on September 3, 2017 from 9 AM to 3 PM and the Rec Center that is next to the National Farm Toy Museum. Free admission and free parking. The Field of Dreams event starts at 3PM at the field.

At this point (50) tables are confirmed and paid for, with more to be added.

I will be setting up at this show. I will be bringing a few T206's, some Goudeys, Diamond Stars, Leaf, and quite a bit of pre war baseball and non-sports cards. Lots of Packers autographs, lots of sports hard cover books, a lot of ephemera. If you like oddball, unusual items, take a look at my tables.

Hope to see you there! Rick

blackandgold 08-27-2017 08:54 AM

Rick,
Is this an annual show? We are planning to visit Field Of Dreams next year and would try to schedule it to make the show.

buymycards 08-27-2017 12:47 PM

Field of Dreams

Two years ago there was a show in Dubuque that was associated with the Field of Dreams game in Dyersville. This year the show is back, but it will be in Dyersville, right across from the baseball diamond. This is the first time they have had the show in Dyersville, so we will have to see how it goes before a decision is made for next year.

Danny Smith 08-27-2017 04:40 PM

Awesome. I'm playing in the game. I'll make sure I swing by.

slidekellyslide 08-27-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 1695268)
Two years ago there was a show in Dubuque that was associated with the Field of Dreams game in Dyersville. This year the show is back, but it will be in Dyersville, right across from the baseball diamond. This is the first time they have had the show in Dyersville, so we will have to see how it goes before a decision is made for next year.

Where exactly will it be? It really is in the middle of a cornfield a couple miles outside of town. Are the dealers setting up in a field?

buymycards 08-28-2017 05:14 PM

card show

The card show is in the National Farm Toy Museum at 1101 16th Ave Ct in Dyersville. It is right off of US Hwy 20.

We won't be in a cornfield, but the show 2 years ago was in a large tent. It was a crappy place for a show and I didn't even make enough to cover my $80 table fee. I hope this one is better, but I'm not quite sure what to expect over the Labor Day weekend. I'm doing it more for fun rather than an attempt to make money. I always enjoy trading with the other dealers, and I can sometimes make some interesting trades with my customers. It will help that we will be inside a modern, well lit, air conditioned building, rather than a dark tent.

Hey Danny, good luck in the game, and I hope you stop by and say hi!

Rick

HawkFan70 08-28-2017 05:35 PM

I'm hoping to make it to the show. There don't seem to be too many in Eastern Iowa.

Good luck! I hope you do well!

Joe_G. 08-28-2017 06:18 PM

Our family may make it over to Dyersville, only 1 1/2 hr drive for us (need to juggle a couple tasks/events over the weekend). Doubt I'll find any 19th century but the kids will enjoy the show and the museum.

pokerplyr80 08-28-2017 09:47 PM

Sorry to say I won't be in the area, but I remember going to that field as a kid. What a great location for a card show. I hope it goes well.

Joe_G. 09-03-2017 08:13 PM

Enjoyed the day.

No 19th century for me at the show but it was nice meeting Rick and others. Rick, thank you for the Luke Skywalker Pez dispenser, my son has been carrying it around all day. Great location for the show with it being right at the Farm Toy museum and being so close to the Field of Dreams. All the Best!

buymycards 09-04-2017 03:16 PM

Joe

Hi Joe, it was nice chatting with you and meeting you and your son. I hope to see you again.

Rick