Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Like Sands in the Hourglass, So are the Days of Our Lives (on Net54baseball) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238787)

CMIZ5290 04-28-2017 07:49 PM

Stephen, or goofball, you are attacking some quality people that have been on this board for almost a decade. Denny is a quality guy, you are all over the place pal, Ben is another quality member, Steve too... He was trying to help you with this..... You are also bumping BST threads every 30 minutes (violation)...In a nutshell, go away.....

pokerplyr80 04-28-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1655621)
To all the people who are upset by the trade up thread. How many trades have you made where your goal was to come out behind??? Maybe he expresses his goals inelegantly, but at least it's honest.

I think the part that rubs some members the wrong way, myself included, is that he is basically saying I am going to do enough one sided trades with all of you to turn this $500 card into a 52 Mantle. And posting about it on the main page of the forum. The intent certainly doesn't seem malicious. But the better way to go about it would have been a chronicle of transactions done away from the board that showed him working towards his goal, in my opinion.

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 04-28-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1655733)
Stephen - just my 2 cents, but take a deep breath dude. This isn't supposed to be so stressful. When you go after the esteemed Denny W., it might be time for a time out.

lol you're right. No idea who he was though in all honesty and didn't understand why he was coming at me like that. I'm getting hit from too many angles haha I apologize Denny. I will take the nuts back.

Aquarian Sports Cards 04-28-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1655751)
I think the part that rubs some members the wrong way, myself included, is that he is basically saying I am going to do enough one sided trades with all of you to turn this $500 card into a 52 Mantle. And posting about it on the main page of the forum. The intent certainly doesn't seem malicious. But the better way to go about it would have been a chronicle of transactions done away from the board that showed him working towards his goal, in my opinion.

Hence my comment that he expressed his goals inelegantly. I think we basically agree here.

cubman1941 04-29-2017 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obcbobd (Post 1654347)
Thanks for all your hard and often thankless work Leon.

In general, when seeing a thread or post that annoys, its probably best to close it and go to the next thread. Not much is gained by bashing (however much it MAY be deserved) the poster. And if you are posting multiple times negatively on a thread, you likely are just hurting yourself.

Remember its only cardboard :)

I am an old, old collector (in years) and enjoy the site, also a vet who has seen a lot. I also am amused some times by some of the comments made on the site and applaud Leon for his patience. The reason for me putting the quote in is that a long time ago a shop dealer said the same thing - "it is only cardboard" and that stuck with me all these years. We all hope our collections will bring big money but that is not why I collect. I do it for enjoyment and the hunt. I have been stung a few times but it was due to my own ignorance or the fact I got so caught up in buying something that was so cheap I couldn't resist. I got angry and then would realize I was to blame, not the seller. I had the right of refusal and to ask questions and look closer at the pictures. It is only cardboard. Keep up the good work Leon and don't let the swamp dwellers drag you down.

1952boyntoncollector 04-29-2017 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1655737)
Stephen, or goofball, you are attacking some quality people that have been on this board for almost a decade. Denny is a quality guy, you are all over the place pal, Ben is another quality member, Steve too... He was trying to help you with this..... You are also bumping BST threads every 30 minutes (violation)...In a nutshell, go away.....

Hey where is my name in that Mt. Rushmore List....:)

Snapolit1 04-29-2017 07:48 AM

The first bit of advice a knowing board member told you you dismissed: if you want to do some trade up thing, don't trade a card for a giant fist full of cards. That's exactly how not to do it. So now you are in an endless parade of trying to sell a dozen or more cards at a time and all the labor and annoying posts that entails. Plus I never understand why cash is changing hands at all. I thought a trade up situation went like this: I trade you card A, you send me back card B, I then find someone to send B to for card C, etc. As long as that would taken, it seems the way you have gone about is just going to make for years of work (and either highly enjoyable or severely annoying posts). But I am glad to see that you have now moved this on to basically every board on the site. Wink, wink.