Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How would this card transition to PSA (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=236864)

T_Hamilton 03-14-2017 04:26 PM

How would this card transition to PSA

1 Attachment(s)
Got this in the REA last year... would love thoughts on how it would transition to PSA. I assume it would be a PSA 1? my concern is it getting a PSA Authentic tag. Also, anyone have any thoughts on PSA vs. SGC for this... only reason I want it in PSA is cause the red slab looks so nice with the CJ backs.

Appreciate any input. Thank you.

CMIZ5290 03-14-2017 04:29 PM

Taylor- My opinion is that if you submit it encapsulated, PSA will grade it an A. You're going to have to crack it and then submit....

Bruinsfan94 03-14-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1641191)
Taylor- My opinion is that if you submit it encapsulated, PSA will grade it an A. You're going to have to crack it and then submit....

I agree. Can't you ask for a min of 1 for crossover?

Stonepony 03-14-2017 04:31 PM

I personally wouldn't worry about it. It you'd rather it be in a PSA holder for aesthetics- go for it. It really doesn't matter if they grade it a 1 or " A". It's problems are obvious and quite evident to any future buyer. It's a nice card irregardless if its a 1 or authentic- IMO

T_Hamilton 03-14-2017 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruinsfan94 (Post 1641192)
I agree. Can't you ask for a min of 1 for crossover?

I like this... how does it work exactly? I send it in the SGC holder, they review and if they say its a 1 they will break the SGC case, extract the card and reslab in a PSA 1?

swarmee 03-14-2017 04:44 PM

Yes, it's called a crossover submission. If they wouldn't give it a 1, they mail it back to you in the SGC slab.

Steve D 03-14-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1641201)
Yes, it's called a crossover submission. If they wouldn't give it a 1, they mail it back to you in the SGC slab.

This is what I would do. Personally, I don't see any reason PSA wouldn't give it a "1". Then again, I have been mistaken before ;)

Just make sure you indicate on the submission form, that you want them to break it out of the SGC slab only if they give it a numerical grade.

Steve

Joshwesley 03-14-2017 05:00 PM

I've got a CJ 15 Cobb missing the left hand corner and it's in a PSA 1 holder.

I think you could get a 1...

Question is: does that effect value that much?

pokerplyr80 03-15-2017 09:03 AM

Unless they determine the card has been altered it should end up in a psa 1 holder. Their standards allow for 1 or 2 missing pieces, including a corner. As others have suggested just send it in the sgc holder and request a minimum grade of 1. Good luck.

MVSNYC 03-15-2017 05:49 PM

I agree with Poker...

Cracking it out makes no sense. If it were in an SGC A holder, I could see why you'd consider cracking it out, as their preconceived notion would be that SGC already gave it an A, so very likely they would do the same (see Ted's thread containing his Jennings AB 460)...Yours is in a "1" holder already, better chances of getting a PSA 1. Nice card, good luck...would look nice in the PSA holder.

Edwolf1963 03-15-2017 06:56 PM

Depends. If you spend a lot of $$$ w/PSA - probably a 5. If not - "A" :D

yanksfan09 03-15-2017 07:04 PM

I would say that it should receive a 1 at any grading service. However, who knows what will actually happen, always somewhat of a crap-shoot.

For what it's worth, to me, the bright red background of the Cracker Jacks really pops against the black SGC borders. I would leave as is if it were me.

irv 03-15-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanksfan09 (Post 1641615)
I would say that it should receive a 1 at any grading service. However, who knows what will actually happen, always somewhat of a crap-shoot.

For what it's worth, to me, the bright red background of the Cracker Jacks really pops against the black SGC borders. I would leave as is if it were me.

I agree, and I also think, why take the unnecessary risks of mailing/shipping, possible tx's and money spent on the sub.

Unless I am wrong, I don't think, whether it's in a SGC 1 or a PSA 1, it's going to make any difference with value if you decide to sell, especially if you account for what this submission to PSA is going to cost.

Leon 03-18-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 (Post 1641611)
Depends. If you spend a lot of $$$ w/PSA - probably a 5. If not - "A" :D

LOL....my thoughts too from what I see....

ty_cobb 03-18-2017 08:06 PM

If

If there was some compelling reason PSA would give you a higher grade (extremely unlikely ) or you have to have it match all your other psa cards there is no reason to change really. looks nice in the sgc holder... this is one of the reasons they shoudnt have holders ,,, toss the slab ,,,lol

toledo_mudhen 03-19-2017 03:08 AM

If I had that card in a PSA Slab - I would be sending to SGC as that holder looks awesome. To each his own.....