Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PSA Jumbo Holders Question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=258469)

btcarfagno 08-10-2018 08:30 AM

PSA Jumbo Holders Question

I understand that they will be used to house 8x10 photos, autographed documents up to that size, etc. I wonder if this means that PSA will now start to grade larger items such as M101-2 or National Copper Plate etc?

Anyone heard anything?

glchen 08-10-2018 09:44 AM

I called and asked PSA customer service this on Monday. They said not yet but maybe later. No ETA.

Jobu 08-10-2018 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Damn, I emailed them today to ask the same question about this fella. I guess I will have to keep waiting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by glchen (Post 1802469)
I called and asked PSA customer service this on Monday. They said not yet but maybe later. No ETA.

Exhibitman 08-10-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btcarfagno (Post 1802444)
I understand that they will be used to house 8x10 photos, autographed documents up to that size, etc. I wonder if this means that PSA will now start to grade larger items such as M101-2 or National Copper Plate etc?

Anyone heard anything?

Now that would be welcome. I have a few Adam Hats premiums that would look really spiffy in those slabs.

Lorewalker 08-10-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btcarfagno (Post 1802444)

Anyone heard anything?

Wouldn't The National Copper Plates (like the M101-1s) be too large for their holders? I called as well and asked about the M101-2s and other issues that are 8.5 x 11 and smaller and was told there was no word on what oversized issues they would grade at this point. The holders are just for documents and photos. Bummer...

hcv123 08-10-2018 12:28 PM

Not for long

I suspect it will not be long before they start putting more than photos and documents in - They are struggling financially and I am sure will not miss the opportunity for a new income stream. Just think of all the possible additions to the set registry!

swarmee 08-10-2018 01:01 PM

Yeah, this will be a big deal to the Set Registry if people can add new cards to player sets: larger photo pack cards, premiums, etc.

swarmee 08-10-2018 01:27 PM

Joe Orlando response:
"Hello Everyone,

For the record, we can use the Jumbo Holder for more than just original photos, autographs and documents.

As long we grade the type of collectible, we can utilize the holder.

That includes card issues.

Take care,

Joe Orlando
CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc."

https://forums.collectors.com/discus...w-jumbo-holder

glchen 08-10-2018 01:29 PM

Wow, awesome :)

MikeGarcia 08-10-2018 02:30 PM

Beckett did this about ten years ago

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/204295...IGSCAN_NEW.JPG

...The Dixie Premium is about 8 1/4 by 10 1/4 and there is still a good bit of spare space inside the slab.

..This one has no holes punched in it because it never left the printer's office.

LOUCARDFAN 08-11-2018 09:04 PM

Jobu,

I submitted my Ruth Pathe Freres Saturday for a walk through for the new holder. I was called back to the booth about a half hour after submitting it and was told that they could not do it in that time frame because they would need to do more research to verify its authenticity. I was given my money back and told them I would just submit it in Chicago next year. I was told to make sure to call customer service about a week before resubmitting at the show next year so that they could be prepared to fully authenticate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 1802477)
Damn, I emailed them today to ask the same question about this fella. I guess I will have to keep waiting.

Lorewalker 08-12-2018 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1802524)
Joe Orlando response:
"Hello Everyone,

For the record, we can use the Jumbo Holder for more than just original photos, autographs and documents.

As long we grade the type of collectible, we can utilize the holder.

That includes card issues.

Take care,

Joe Orlando
CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc."

https://forums.collectors.com/discus...w-jumbo-holder

Maybe I should go back to sleep and read this again later but prior to having the jumbo holder they would not grade the type of card issues that would fit in the jumbo holders so what is Joe saying? He might want to elaborate on what specific card issues he is referring to and then tell his customer service. They are telling everyone "no" to any mainstream oversized card issues.

swarmee 08-12-2018 04:46 AM

Joe's post doesn't mention a timeline to implement, just that PSA will do it.

glchen 01-24-2019 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got these back from PSA a few weeks ago, but just go around to scanning them. Unfortunately, you really need a larger size scanner (e.g., an A3 scanner) to be able to scan the entire holder. Here is the photo (sorry for the reflection) and a scan of the Pathe Freres.

glchen 01-24-2019 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here are the other ones that I got holdered, so folks have an idea of what can be encapsulated. In general, I'm very happy with the new holder, and I like it much more than the Beckett holder, which was a brick. I did cross all of these, and PSA is much stricter in grading. Note that the 1934 Goudey Premium with easel was holdered. Some have inserts and some don't, so there is still the float issue with some of them.

bswhiten 01-24-2019 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by glchen (Post 1848336)
Unfortunately, you really need a larger size scanner (e.g., an A3 scanner) to be able to scan the entire holder.

Agree...huge slab. I used my office 11x17 xerox workcentre to scan. I like the slabs too.

Exhibitman 01-24-2019 06:05 AM

That Mantle run looks great