Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Washington Times Ed Collins (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=62580)

Archive 11-08-2002 05:15 AM

Washington Times Ed Collins

Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Ok, who ruined my month by squashing me on this card? It was the first Washington Times card I have ever lost at auction. I have 24 different and needed this one something awful.<br>Anyway, my congratulations to the winner. I hate to lose at anything but I seem to be very good at it!<br>Someone once told me "You can't get them all" But hey, I tried like all heck.<br><br>It was a great auction and fun to participate in! Though I didn't win a thing, I sold 2 items, one did well and one did average. The staf answering was very friendly and that helps alot!

Archive 11-08-2002 05:18 AM

Posted By: <b>runscott</b><p>Everything I wanted was past my max as of yesterday morning, so I got the evening off!<br><br>

Archive 11-08-2002 05:57 AM

Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Bad news and good news....GOOD news- I won't be on your tail if another one comes up....you can guess the bad news.....and, I consider you a good friend, so I guess I owe you a beer at the next National....sorry about that....the other cards, except for 1-2 (I think) went higher than I wanted to go....BTW, I was done at where it ended...had you gone one more it was yours.....once again, sorry about that....

Archive 11-08-2002 06:08 AM

Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Don't you dare be sorry! It was an auction and you won it fair! I knew it was you and I knew you were done where it was. Do not ask how but it was a gut feeling. I think it was you and me only from the $1400 mark. I had to make a decision, it was late, I was sober, and I had set a limit of $2K for myself. I also didn't see any sense in you and I running it up but that happened anyway. So my big competition is out! Great. Maybe if I get a double, we can work something out later. But I will ask 1 thing of you as a friend, if you ever part with it, please give me first shot?<br><br>Again, please do not be sorry. Even though these are my main collecting interest, that doesn't mean no one else should have any. I had a ball last night and didn't win a thing! I woke up this morning a little disppointed but NOT depressed at all!<br><br>So I will say again, congratulations my friend and enjoy the card. I will look forward to seeing it in person next time we are together and knowing you have it, I really am not sure that I lost after all! Your forever bud, dan.

Archive 11-08-2002 06:25 AM

Posted By: <b>Jay Miller</b><p>What a special conversation. Thank you guys for sharing. Much as I have tried, I can't imagine having that conversation with Olbermann the morning after.

Archive 11-08-2002 11:37 AM

Posted By: <b>Tom</b><p>guess it would feel like that, huh? Smoke a cigarette and buy me dinner and get the he** out...........

Archive 11-08-2002 10:13 PM

Posted By: <b>B C Daniels</b><p>I feel the same way you do. Someone got tired of 2% interest on their money in the bank and blew me away yesterday! <BR><BR>"I'll be back!"