Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   eBay Ratings - PWCC (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=259142)

Stampsfan 10-12-2018 02:09 PM

Here's my recent experience from their last auction. I am not trying to be positive or negative, I am trying to be factual.

Keep in mind I am in Canada, which (depending on the seller) can range from normal ($3) to outrageous.

As usual, I was looking at several cards, and ended up winning only one. I think I won the card for $117. Shipping was advertised as being $20, which I took into consideration when bidding.

Invoice came in, and shipping was charged at $40. I sent a note, and within 24 hours I received a reply, and a change back to $20. I then asked if I get it sent to a US address, how would that affect shipping? Again, within 24 hours, I received a reply saying it would be $4 to a US address.

I asked for the invoice to be updated, changed the billing address, and received an updated invoice.

I paid the invoice, and was then left positive feedback by PWCC. I have not yet left feedback, as I will wait for the package to arrive before doing so.

Huysmans 10-12-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs5120 (Post 1819175)
The cost of shipping a card:
  • Postage
  • Packing materials
  • Insurance
  • Labor
  • Rent, interest, property taxes, etc.
  • Utilities
  • Machinery and equipment
  • Inventory management software/IT infrastructure
  • Risk

PWCC has a facility, which I'm sure has a large dedicated shipping & packaging area. The proportional cost of the facility, the utilities and the equipment are all shipping costs. The IT infrastructure that they have to monitor inventory and ensure packages go out quickly and accurately is a shipping cost. The labor is a shipping cost.

Why are shipping prices increasing? Their business is growing. Their current auction has 18,000 lots. Shipping 18,000 lots over a 2-3 week period requires infrastructure and investment.

Claiming that PWCC is screwing you for charging $25 for a "$7 envelope" is an insult to small businesses around the country. This is hard work.

That's all you could come up with for small business costs? ....you forgot seeking council from an oracle regarding sales. :D

jhs5120 10-12-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 (Post 1819233)
Get over yourself, Jason .. I never claimed PWCC was "screwing" me .. I asked about eBay feedback policy changing for this one seller. Has anyone else seen/experienced this? And then added that yeah, $25 to ship in a $7 flat-rate envelope was "disappointing". Beyond the cost issue it wasn't protect well, not a good/job service IMO. So I asked a question and shared my opinion and experience.

You disagree? Fine. I totally respect that. You're insulted? So be it .. but speaking for others (".. is an insult to small businesses around the country") and/or putting words in my mouth to try and accentuate your point is poor form.

My apologies Ed. I must've forgotten it was Friday, I should've been in a better mood. You're correct, you were fair in your feedback on here.

I get frustrated reading these shipping price threads trying to dig into whether auction houses are profiting off of customer shipping. It's expensive shipping these cards - a lot more goes into it than an envelope and postage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huysmans (Post 1819252)
That's all you could come up with for small business costs? ....you forgot seeking council from an oracle regarding sales. :D

I should've included the Christmas bonuses PWCC probably gives to those poor Lake Oswego USPS men and women. ;)

Lorewalker 10-12-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1819244)
Except when I seem to consign something. But therein lies the rub.

Ah yeah I feel your pain. I have not consigned a whole lot but no matter who I give stuff to it always seems like it is the wrong stuff at the wrong time. Not talking about 68 Topps commons in 7 holders either. Apparently when I am bidding in auctions the consignor seems to be doing very well. I guess only when I am buying do I have good taste because when I go to sell it would appear my taste is not so great.

bensie 10-12-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhs5120 (Post 1819175)
The cost of shipping a card:
  • Postage
  • Packing materials
  • Insurance
  • Labor
  • Rent, interest, property taxes, etc.
  • Utilities
  • Machinery and equipment
  • Inventory management software/IT infrastructure
  • Risk

PWCC has a facility, which I'm sure has a large dedicated shipping & packaging area. The proportional cost of the facility, the utilities and the equipment are all shipping costs. The IT infrastructure that they have to monitor inventory and ensure packages go out quickly and accurately is a shipping cost. The labor is a shipping cost.

Why are shipping prices increasing? Their business is growing. Their current auction has 18,000 lots. Shipping 18,000 lots over a 2-3 week period requires infrastructure and investment.

Claiming that PWCC is screwing you for charging $25 for a "$7 envelope" is an insult to small businesses around the country. This is hard work.

*claps* excellent post, thank you.