Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Please explain "no prints" to me. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=235470)

Sailingmachine 02-16-2017 07:45 AM

Please explain "no prints" to me.

Hello, as I've been going a back run for a specific player I compiled back checklists for both poses. I keep seeing the term "no prints" in various resources. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what a "no print" is referencing. I feel I should know the answer to this but I'm perplexed. Any info on "no prints" pertaining to T206s would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ron

Sailingmachine 02-16-2017 07:54 AM

Well, after speaking with another member it is now clear to me. They say there is no such thing as a stupid question. Wrong. This was a pretty stupid question. I complicated things as usual. Sometimes I don't give the easy answer any thought. Thanks again.

Ron

philliesfan 02-16-2017 07:55 AM

I am not sure but could it be that the player was never issued with a certain back / brand / series 150, 350 etc? Just my guess.
Robert

bn2cardz 02-16-2017 07:57 AM

It is when a card doesn't match the pattern of the rest of the cards by not being printed with a certain back that the other cards in that print group were.

For instance a Print Group 1 card that only has 150 series print backs and has no 350 series printings.

Sailingmachine 02-16-2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliesfan (Post 1631488)
I am not sure but could it be that the player was never issued with a certain back / brand / series 150, 350 etc? Just my guess.
Robert

Thanks Rob. Common sense should have told me that. Apparently I'm lacking it these days.

Sailingmachine 02-16-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bn2cardz (Post 1631490)
It is when a card doesn't match the pattern of the rest of the cards by not being printed with a certain back that the other cards in that print group were.

For instance a Print Group 1 card that only has 150 series print backs and has no 350 series printings.

Thanks for the explanation Bn2. BTW, I like what you did with your profile pic.

PhillipAbbott79 02-16-2017 08:23 AM

Or a card which should not exist but does. Such as an overprint card, that is missing the overprint, making it appear like a front back combination that is a no print, when in reality it was an unintended print error.

Sailingmachine 02-16-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 (Post 1631511)
Or a card which should not exist but does. Such as an overprint card, that is missing the overprint, making it appear like a front back combination that is a no print, when in reality it was an unintended print error.

Damn, didn't even think of that as a possibility. Thank you for making that point. I'd love to locate one of those for my back run.

Ron

Sean 02-16-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 (Post 1631511)

Similarly, a brown/ yellow scrap that exists with a back that was never printed as a complete card.