Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question about The National (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=257033)

BruceinGa 07-09-2018 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glynparson (Post 1793369)
They give you one. It may just be written on paper but you get a receipt. Not sure why you think this would be controversial.

I can see a situation where your are showing off a recent purchase and the person you are showing it to claims it was their card, recently stolen. A receipt sure would help your cause.

SAllen2556 07-09-2018 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glynparson (Post 1793369)
They give you one. It may just be written on paper but you get a receipt. Not sure why you think this would be controversial.

I did not mean to imply anything controversial, it's just that I have NEVER been given a receipt by any dealer at any card show. Ever. But, then again, I've never asked for one. That's why I was curious.

glynparson 07-09-2018 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceinGa (Post 1793372)
I can see a situation where your are showing off a recent purchase and the person you are showing it to claims it was their card, recently stolen. A receipt sure would help your cause.

I agree and one of the reasons they’d give u one I never implied dealers would think it odd. It happens often at the national.

glynparson 07-09-2018 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAllen2556 (Post 1793373)
I did not mean to imply anything controversial, it's just that I have NEVER been given a receipt by any dealer at any card show. Ever. But, then again, I've never asked for one. That's why I was curious.

I guess the emoji mislead me of your implications.

edhans 07-09-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by that T206 Guy (Post 1792417)
It is 2018

I know alot of People and the Only People I know that do not have Internet on their Phone are my Grandparents who are in their 90's.

I'm in my 60s, have a flip phone and do not accept electronic payments. I'm not the only one either.

chalupacollects 07-09-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurtisFlood (Post 1792542)
Interesting, might look into it.

It uses your data plan unless you set your phone to connect to Wi-Fi when available...

CurtisFlood 07-10-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupacollects (Post 1793445)
It uses your data plan unless you set your phone to connect to Wi-Fi when available...

Thank you for the information.

ls7plus 07-10-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1792288)
When I was in buying mode, first time around, I think I would bring upwards of 10k in cash. Nowadays when i go it is somewhere between 3k and 5k. I never worried about it. When I set up I will take almost anything except a CC as I don't have a personal merchant account. Folks can still pay on CC through Paypal though, which is how i earn 2% cash back when I use PP. I have also borrowed numerous wads of 100s, from friends at the National, to make cash purchases when I ran out of said cash. Where there is a will there's a way.

+1 on the cash. Just don't carry it all in one place (i.e., your wallet--and keep your wallet in your front pocket!) and be aware of what's going on around you, both on the show floor and to and from the parking lot. Somebody that's stepping right along with you, making every turn, is more than likely up to no good. Cash will often get you better deals (the 2015 National), but not always (not as much discount percentage wise at the 2016 national, IMHO).

Just be careful,

Larry