Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   To Twin Cities (Minn) forum members. Slight OT (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=84226)

Archive 02-09-2007 01:03 PM

To Twin Cities (Minn) forum members. Slight OT

Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Recently a local television cable station came to my home and interviewed me about my baseball memorabilia collection. The hour and a half interview was condensed down. I'm not entirely happy with what they ended up airing. All the good stuff ended up one the cutting room floor. Oh well...Any way it is airing this month on Twin cities metro cable station #6. Much of the North part of Saint paul can see it on channel 16. I talk about some old judge, some ramly, babe ruth, gehrig, etc. Foxx who I have hundreds of cards and photos of. I also have an entirely complete 1935 Wheaties box with Foxx on it. They seemed to like that, since General Mills is based here.<br /><br />It will air on selected Wednesdays at 5:30PM throughout the Twin Cities on metro cable chanel 6. If nothing else, you can check out my ugly mug.<br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive 02-09-2007 01:07 PM

Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Sounds great, but I don't think we get that channel. Maybe you can find a way to link it to this site.

Archive 02-09-2007 01:09 PM

Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>any chance you could tivo it and get it saved as computer file?

Archive 02-09-2007 03:27 PM

Posted By: <b>jims</b><p> Thanks for the info Mike. I'm a local, so I will probably catch it next Weds.

Archive 02-14-2007 12:50 PM

Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Mike,<br /><br />Sounds interesting, but when you were giving the interview, did it concern you that maybe some crook out there would see the show and then start plotting and planning a possible theft. Of course, I hope that you will never get robbed.<br /><br />Hopefully though, you did take some precautions.<br /><br />Peter

Archive 02-14-2007 01:04 PM

Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Though there is no place on Earth, that some dirtbag might not try and rip someone off, I live in a community where there is virtually no crime. That's not to say that someone might not drive 25 miles. I have two concrete and steel safes. Each weighing well over 750 pds. No one is moving those. And i have a security system in my house. I have done so many shows and demonstrations in my community, schools, churches, rotary clubs, a citywide antique and collectors show. etc. etc. that the secret is out anyway. I also have three rifles in my bedroom. Suffice it to say, I guess I just ain't that paranoid. And I feel it's my responsibilty to share memorabilia with the locals and the kids. We all are so wrapped up in our pre war items, we forget that probably 95 % of the population has never seen a real Babe Ruth, or Lou gehrig card. Little kids eyes light up when see a babe Ruth card. Buck Weaver, Bresnahan etc. etc. don't do much for them however. As you might well imagine. <br /><br />

Archive 02-14-2007 01:30 PM

Posted By: <b>peter ullman</b><p>mike, I live in st paul, but am currently in st thomas on vacation. I'll try to catch the show when I get back. I'd love a chance to see some of your collection someday.<br /><br />pete ullman in st paul

Archive 02-14-2007 06:31 PM

Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Pete, I've been to St Thomas several times. make sure you go to Saphire beach. One of the prettiest in the world. <br /><br />