Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Looking for Tonytrade on EBay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=335202)

iwantitiwinit 05-09-2023 12:39 PM

Looking for Tonytrade on EBay

Would anyone happen to know how to contact Tonytrade on ebay? Tahnks Bob I.

raulus 05-09-2023 12:42 PM

https://www.tonyetrade.com/contact/

theshowandme 05-09-2023 02:14 PM

Messaged him on his site a few months ago and we worked out a deal. He responded within like 45 minutes. I was impressed

notfast 05-09-2023 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshowandme (Post 2338778)
Messaged him on his site a few months ago and we worked out a deal. He responded within like 45 minutes. I was impressed

Does he knock 25% off the crazy ebay prices?

jayshum 05-09-2023 04:35 PM

It's been a while but I bought from him directly with no issues.

Webster 05-09-2023 04:39 PM

Tony

Go to his website for better pricing

Rhotchkiss 05-09-2023 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notfast (Post 2338808)
Does he knock 25% off the crazy ebay prices?

No. But Tony is very solid to deal with and, I feel, fair. I have done many deals with him.

mrreality68 05-09-2023 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 2338822)
No. But Tony is very solid to deal with and, I feel, fair. I have done many deals with him.

+1 agree
And very accommodating and does have great selection

raulus 05-09-2023 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And a card, purchased from Tony’s website in May 2020 at a price that would seem like the world’s biggest steal today. As an added bonus the price on the website was $1k less than the eBay price.

ValKehl 05-09-2023 05:47 PM

Tony sold me a T222 SP card for significantly less than his eBay BIN price a few years ago at the National.

Casey2296 05-09-2023 05:53 PM

Tony's good people and fair.

trambo 05-09-2023 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 2338822)

+1 I've done several deals w/him and have always felt like it was fair.

Snapolit1 05-09-2023 07:11 PM

Funny how times change.
5 years ago I posted something nice about him and my interactions with him and a certain criminal defense lawyer who was huge on the board ripped my head off, basically calling me a compete uninformed moron. And a few of the regulars chimed in to tell me how stupid I was.
I’ve never had an an issue and he has great stuff.

Peter_Spaeth 05-09-2023 07:29 PM

"I've never had an issue" is fine as far as it goes, but it doesn't mean much. Most people in the hobby, both honest and dis, are easy to deal with and offer excellent customer service. For example, I've never had an issue with Brent.

Snapolit1 05-09-2023 08:25 PM

Oh, so I should go through life not judging people and companies based on the merits of my own personal experience with them, but instead on hearsay from others about their dealings. So while I’ve purchased 5 Toyotas in my life and never had a problem and had impeccable personal service, I should be more concerned with other people’s experiences with their cars. Interesting idea.

Peter_Spaeth 05-09-2023 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2338870)
Oh, so I should go through life not judging people and companies based on the merits of my own personal experience with them, but instead on hearsay from others about their dealings. So while I’ve purchased 5 Toyotas in my life and never had a problem and had impeccable personal service, I should be more concerned with other people’s experiences with their cars. Interesting idea.

It depends on your objective. If your objective is to avoid altered cards as best you can, which is my objective, then yes, in a hobby infested with altered cards, card doctors and their enablers, it can be very important to evaluate the conventional wisdom and to be receptive to what people you trust or who have no incentive to dissemble say.. If you just want the card I mean the slab, then sure go with whoever ships it quickly and securely.

And cars are a poor analogy, cars are commodities. Very different from cards, where some are natural and some are altered and it's not always easy to tell the difference or which sellers are more likely than others to be selling altered.

Snapolit1 05-09-2023 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2338872)
It depends on your objective. If your objective is to avoid altered cards as best you can, then yes, in a hobby infested with altered cards, card doctors and their enablers, it can be very important to evaluate the conventional wisdom and to be receptive to what people you trust say.

I guess that’s very useful advice if you don’t have the ability to otherwise detect an altered card.

Peter_Spaeth 05-09-2023 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2338873)
I guess that’s very useful advice if you don’t have the ability to otherwise detect an altered card.

Do you? I've been doing this a long time but I hardly think I can always tell from a scan or iphone pic.

Snapolit1 05-09-2023 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2338874)
Do you? I've been doing this a long time but I hardly think I can always tell from a scan or iphone pic.

Does he allow returns if you have any concerns?

Snapolit1 05-09-2023 08:44 PM

I’ve also prob never bought a single card from him. He sells great type 1 photos.

Peter_Spaeth 05-09-2023 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2338877)
Does he allow returns if you have any concerns?

Who?

Peter_Spaeth 05-09-2023 10:01 PM

I found what Steve was referencing earlier. According to Jeff L anyhow, Tony was banned by both PSA and SGC. It doesn't look like any details were given.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showpo...64&postcount=3

G1911 05-09-2023 11:23 PM

So somebody had a good experience with a seller and somebody who is not in this thread made an allegation against that seller 6 years ago in a short thread In which none of the insults stated to have been made actually appear. What a riveting beef.

Lorewalker 05-10-2023 12:45 AM

Last week when Evan Mathis was talk of the town I wanted to catch up on the Blowout thread on him. Just so happened Tony Arnold's name came up. Starts with this post. https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...postcount=1464 I know nothing about matter which is referred to here.

Leon 05-10-2023 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorewalker (Post 2338906)
Last week when Evan Mathis was talk of the town I wanted to catch up on the Blowout thread on him. Just so happened Tony Arnold's name came up. Starts with this post. https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...postcount=1464 I know nothing about matter which is referred to here.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, especially from anonymous people.

Lorewalker 05-10-2023 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 2339186)
Don't believe everything you read on the internet, especially from anonymous people.

Understatement of the year!!!! I actually made a few inquires and it seems to have been a well documented situation--the fake back stamps on the W575s and in fact the discovery of these fakes were from someone here. So at least in this instance the info referred to in that link seems to have been spot on.

Hobby is a tricky one to navigate. Everyone has to make a living. Too bad sometimes it is at the expense of innocent people.

Peter_Spaeth 05-10-2023 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorewalker (Post 2339190)
Understatement of the year!!!! I actually made a few inquires and it seems to have been a well documented situation--the fake back stamps on the W575s and in fact the discovery of these fakes were from someone here. So at least in this instance the info referred to in that link seems to have been spot on.

Hobby is a tricky one to navigate. Everyone has to make a living. Too bad sometimes it is at the expense of innocent people.

Yes there was at least one thread here about those backs, was it Rhett Y. perhaps, don't recall.

And I agree with you and Leon about needing to be cautious about internet allegations. But there are times when common sense dictates that the accuser is in a position to know what he is talking about and probably is being truthful. Case by case determination.

In any event, we live in a strange time. It seems to be very in vogue these days to trash PWCC (and man the grief I used to take on that topic) but the rest of the world of dealers and AH's seems to get a great big pass as long as they return messages and don't overcharge for shipping.

Lorewalker 05-10-2023 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2339193)
Yes there was at least one thread here about those backs, was it Rhett Y. perhaps, don't recall.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=201147

One of the people I spoke with said there was another thread here that showed the before and after photos. Showing the cards as they were offered in an REA auction along with photos of the cards after the fake back stamps were put on them.

Peter_Spaeth 05-10-2023 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorewalker (Post 2339195)
https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=201147

One of the people I spoke with said there was another thread here that showed the before and after photos. Showing the cards as they were offered in an REA auction along with photos of the cards after the fake back stamps were put on them.

I seem to also recall a thread accusing culpable parties, but I can't find it.

Lorewalker 05-10-2023 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2339196)
I seem to also recall a thread accusing culpable parties, but I can't find it.

Before my time. I had never even heard of this situation before last week. Anyway, I was not able to find the thread on here comparing the before and after photos and was interested in seeing that.