Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Suggestion on affixing card holders inside display case (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=198914)

ajjohnsonsoxfan 12-25-2014 07:32 PM

Suggestion on affixing card holders inside display case

Does anyone else use something to make their cards stay in one place inside their wall hanging display cases? I guess my walls aren't completely straight because my cards will lean towards the glass without something affixing them to the back of the display case. Anyone have something that works great to do this? I've tried tape and recently SCOTCH square stick em adhesives, both of which aren't ideal.

AJR 12-25-2014 07:48 PM

Adjust the case not the cards

Have you considered putting a set of cabinet bumpers (little round silicone nubs) or furniture pads (felt rounds for the bottom of furniture to keep it from scratching the floor) to the back of the case at the bottom edge?

This should move the bottom of the case out away from the wall, tipping the whole hanging case back towards the wall and in theory make the shelves level for the cards to sit on.

scotgreb 12-25-2014 08:36 PM

I use "Reusable Adhesive All Stick" from Office Depot. I couldn't find any on their site but it's similar to this . . .

http://www.amazon.com/Duck-Removable...sable+adhesive

Kind of like Silly Putty -- you can form any size you like. I use a fairly small piece the stays hidden behind the card flip -- works very well for me.

Scott

ajjohnsonsoxfan 12-25-2014 11:24 PM

yeah unfortunately that won't work as the tilt wouldn't be enough to keep them upright

ajjohnsonsoxfan 12-25-2014 11:25 PM

Thanks Scott gonna give that a try

AJR 12-26-2014 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan (Post 1358892)
yeah unfortunately that won't work as the tilt wouldn't be enough to keep them upright

Wow, that's a severe tilt. You may want to call a contractor if your walls are more than 5 degrees off 90. Could be a sign of greater problems with the walls than baseball card hanging issues.

ajjohnsonsoxfan 12-26-2014 10:51 AM

haha. it's actually the cases. They have a groove that's too narrow for the cases which makes them tilt outward toward glass

steve_a 12-26-2014 12:28 PM

try affixing rare earth magnets. you can get them small & cheap and they are shockingly strong.

iwantitiwinit 12-26-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan (Post 1358962)
haha. it's actually the cases. They have a groove that's too narrow for the cases which makes them tilt outward toward glass

Step 1 - Drive to Home Depot and purchase some clear silicone and silicone gun.
Step 2 - Take cases out of display.
Step 3 - Take display off of the wall.
Step 4 - Fill the groove with silicone using the applicator gun. The fill should now create a flat surface for the card to rest on.
Step 5 - Wait for the silicone to dry.
Step 6 - Put display back on wall.
Step 7 - Put cards back in display.
Step 8 - If the cards still lean forward, go back to Home Depot and purchase some small circular adhesive felt pads as suggested by a different responder, double or triple them up and adhere them to the 2 lower back corners of the display. This should push the bottom of the display out far enough so that the angle of incidence of the shelves now is severe enough to keep the card holders leaning back.
Step 9 (The most important step of the process!!) - Sit back, crack a Bud, tell your wife to get off your back that you knew all along how to make it work, admire your handiwork and cards.

EvilKing00 12-26-2014 02:42 PM

Id suggest velcro.

richieb315 12-26-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilKing00 (Post 1359055)
Id suggest velcro.

The one that is used to stick EZ Pass to windshield works best.

EvilKing00 12-26-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richieb315 (Post 1359057)
The one that is used to stick EZ Pass to windshield works best.

I have bought rolls of "regular" velcro on ebay, they sell them in yards. I cut then to sizes i need, i think it works well.

T2069bk 12-26-2014 05:55 PM

Poster adhesive

I have several SGC cards in a case that I put the poster putty on the back of the holder and it holds to the frame. Easy to use, no mess, easy swapping and reusable.

Pick them up anywhere they sell posters (got mine at Walmart for $2.50) and it had enough in the pack to securely hold 18 cards with plenty left over for my sons posters in his room.