Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   MLB Trade Deadline (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=255191)

KMayUSA6060 05-18-2018 06:19 AM

MLB Trade Deadline

My Cleveland Indians have a bullpen that resembles something only found at zoos and in Africa - a one-ton pile of crap.

However, when I look at the potential trade market for relievers, with how many contenders there are at the moment, the market seems a bit dry. Raisel Iglesias and Brad Hand are the main two that come to mind.

Additionally, there are rumors that the Indians could be in the market for a 3B, specifically Machado or Donaldson. They would move JRam to 2B (banishing Kipnis to who-the-hell-cares-where-as) and plug one of those studs in at 3B. I'd be all for that.

My questions to you...

- What under-the-radar relievers should I start paying attention to that could be moved at the deadline?

- What move(s) would you like to see your team make?

jb217676 05-18-2018 12:00 PM

As a Blue Jays fan you can have our Donaldson, opens up the 3B position for Vlad Jr.

packs 05-18-2018 02:49 PM

Yankees should trade Dellin Betances for a bag of baseballs, or even Matt Harvey.

Econteachert205 05-18-2018 02:57 PM

Bosox need bullpen help. Could ship swihart and Bradley jr.

D. Bergin 05-18-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1778085)
Yankees should trade Dellin Betances for a bag of baseballs, or even Matt Harvey.

I'm still holding out hope he'll turn it around at some point. He's been too good in the past to write off his talent. I always knew he never had the mental capacity to be a stopper, but when he's on in his setup role, he's nearly unhittable. Even with his crappy season this year, he's still averaging 16.5 Strikeouts per 9 innings.

KMayUSA6060 07-19-2018 10:21 AM

WHAT A MOVE BY MY INDIANS - STEALING HAND AND CIMBER!

See ya Mejia. Enjoy playing Catcher for a non-contender when you could have played RF for the time being with a contender.

hedgefund96 07-19-2018 10:44 AM

Mets

I am a Mets fan, enough said:confused:

commishbob 07-19-2018 11:24 AM

My godawful Orioles have some arms in the pen that a contender could use. This year (doh) and the next few are washouts so dealing is the way they'll go. O's don't need a closer like Britton when there is never anything to close. :(

KMayUSA6060 07-19-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commishbob (Post 1796188)
My godawful Orioles have some arms in the pen that a contender could use. This year (doh) and the next few are washouts so dealing is the way they'll go. O's don't need a closer like Britton when there is never anything to close. :(

A lot of Indians fans want a package deal with Adam Jones & a reliever - either Britton or Givens (I prefer Givens). I'm not a big Jones fan, but his bat would help us in RF.

Jim65 07-19-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgefund96 (Post 1796179)
I am a Mets fan, enough said:confused:

They should be active, Familia and Asdrubel should be gone. I would trade Blevins too. I hope they keep the Starters intact.

packs 07-19-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1796198)
They should be active, Familia and Asdrubel should be gone. I would trade Blevins too. I hope they keep the Starters intact.

Me too, because if the Yankees trade for Syndergaard I'm going to cry. Let him sit on your team's DL every couple months.

the 'stache 07-20-2018 12:10 AM

The Brewers have started their annual (or, so it seems) swoon, and after the break, they open up against the Dodgers with Manny Machado tonight. That will quicken their descent.

But in the offseason, I'll hear about how, "the Brewers are a team on the rise!" blah blah blah. 40 years I've been waiting like a sucker for them to do...something. 32 years I've waited for them to get back to the Series.

Fat chance they do anything in my lifetime but lose.

Maybe I'll start cheering for the Red Sox. I'm Irish Catholic, so if they go back to their choking ways, I can always drown my misery with other Bostonians.

KMayUSA6060 07-20-2018 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the 'stache (Post 1796395)
Maybe I'll start cheering for the Red Sox. I'm Irish Catholic, so if they go back to their choking ways, I can always drown my misery with other Bostonians.

Or you could start rooting for the Indians, who play on the shores of Erie.

KMayUSA6060 07-20-2018 08:53 AM

Who are the CF/RF players that could be dealt at the deadline?