Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Has anyone bought a graded card from Battlefield (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238653)

Rhotchkiss 04-22-2017 09:47 AM

Has anyone bought a graded card from Battlefield

I am well aware of this seller and their antics. But she does have a few graded card auctions ending soon - anyone every buy a graded/slabbed card from Battlefield, and if so, was it as described or did they photoshop, misrepresent, etc as they allegedly do with un-graded cards.

Ryan Hotchkisd

ullmandds 04-22-2017 09:53 AM

I bought a trio of cards from battlefield a little before she/ he /it' became the talk of the board. two were raw one was graded. The raw ones were photoshopped and not as advertised. The graded one was fine .

1952boyntoncollector 04-22-2017 09:54 AM

If i knew someone that sells cards in a bad way with tons of complaints with raw cards i wouldnt even mess with them to buy graded cards so they can use that money to continue their other dishonest pursuits but maybe thats just me

Edwolf1963 04-22-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1653228)
If i knew someone that sells cards in a bad way with tons of complaints with raw cards i wouldnt even mess with them to buy graded cards so they can use that money to continue their other dishonest pursuits but maybe thats just me

+1. Not just you.

irv 04-22-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 (Post 1653231)
+1. Not just you.

X2. Anyone who is crooked and a scammer deserves zero business even though they may have some stuff that is legitimate.

Personally, I find it odd that anyone would even think of doing business with someone like them/her. :confused:

Snapolit1 04-22-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1653232)
X2. Anyone who is crooked and a scammer deserves zero business even though they may have some stuff that is legitimate.

Personally, I find it odd that anyone would even think of doing business with someone like them/her. :confused:

When you have been looking for a certain card for a year or two and all of a sudden it appears, it's very tempting. I think we all know that feeling.

Rhotchkiss 04-22-2017 10:47 AM

Steve, you hit the nail on the head! Generally speaking, I would not even look twice at any of her auctions. But, she has a card you don't see much (at least not in grade I want). So, conundrum....... regardless, all I want to know is if anyone has bought a graded card from this person, and if do, how did that shake out? I 100% agree with all the mortal takes/comments

Eric72 04-22-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 1653245)
...the mortal takes/comments

I know the board, in general, doesn't like battlefield. However, I didn't think people felt that strongly. :eek:

Leon 04-24-2017 08:50 AM

As in dead or alive? :)

Personally, I wouldn't feel too great about buying even her graded cards due to her/their photoshop artistry we have seen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric72 (Post 1653258)
I know the board, in general, doesn't like battlefield. However, I didn't think people felt that strongly. :eek:

Den*nis O*Brien 04-24-2017 10:15 AM

Completely Agree.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1653228)

I think this is the way to view her place in the hobby. I appreciate threads of this nature. Like the Coaches Corner complaints this conversation reminds us that you can't change the spots on a leopard. I understand that to some collectors it may seem redundant to rehash but I find it useful.

PhillipAbbott79 04-24-2017 11:41 AM

Graded cards are also photo shopped.

nrm1977 04-24-2017 09:26 PM

When will she get banned from ebay? She sells the same cards every few months that get returned!

Next up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/391757219078...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This card has been sold multiple times. Unreal....when does it stop?!?!

JustinD 04-25-2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 (Post 1653906)
Graded cards are also photo shopped.

+1

There are several accounts of people buying shopped graded cards from Carol even on this board in past years. If Its really that important to you, the only possibility is buy with the expectation to be let down and return. That way you don't get frustrated, but just maybe it may be a surprise and okay. I would say if the card is worth more than a hundred bucks the greatest chance is it will not be as pictured. However as mentioned, it's definitely a moral issue to buy from such a seller.

This is much of how I don't get let let down by many of the movies my wife asks to go to. If it's lame, it was what I prepared for. If it's halfway decent, it's a pleasant surprise, lol.

Rhotchkiss 04-25-2017 07:13 AM

I decided to pass on the card, as it was not all that rare, and thus would rather just wait than deal with that seller. However, it is mucho frustrating when sellers post cards one needs and either you dont trust/like the seller or the card is posted at such outrageous asking prices that making an offer seems like a waste of time (see, for example, a series of very nice, high grade HOF T206s recently listed at wholly unrealistic prices). I appreciate everyone's feedback - Net54 is indeed a great and helpful tool/community