Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Autograph sub-forum? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=150074)

canjond 04-16-2012 04:16 PM

Can we get a T206 sub-forum on the main board, too?

All kidding aside, it won't change my viewing. I'll still read both types as threads as much as I do now.

ValKehl 04-17-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphusa (Post 984409)
for the most part I could care less about the autographs. I come here to see the good stuff

+1 to what Jim said.

I know this is OT, but I would also like to see the B/S/T for T cards split in two - one for T206s and the other for all other T cards.
Val

ibuysportsephemera 04-17-2012 04:47 AM

I jump to new posts anyway, so I will see all the threads no matter what forum they are in. I had lunch last week with another board member and we discussed the autograph "wars" on here. Although autographs are not a large part of our collections or interest, the on-going threads have turned us both off to autographs.

Someone had mentioned earlier about being able to tell which thread is about autographs and that you did not need to read it if you did not want to. I don't think that is the point, I enjoy reading and learning about that side of the hobby, what I can't stand is the same people going from thread to thread and arguing with each other. Read a few of those threads and you can clearly see who has an axe to grind and the people that don't like each other.

Jeff

ss 04-17-2012 05:02 PM

I would love to see J*Birkholm, R*Yeakley posting again like they used to. Maybe an autograph forum will bring them back!

mjkm90 04-22-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 984501)
I collect general memorabilia as well as autographed pieces... and I agree the proposed split has now become a necessity. I would like to see the Memorabilia Forum return to the healty/positive place that it was as recently as a year or two ago.

Thanks Leon, for soliciting our input :)

+1

I used to visit this forum 8-10 times a day, but am lucky to look every other day due the quantity of autograph posts. I have zero issue with someone posting a vintage or rare auto they add on the monthly pickups thread, but auto discussion threads have taken over.

mjkm90 04-22-2012 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springpin (Post 984495)
I collect baseball memorabilia for the fun, if not joy, it brings me. There appears to be no fun, and certainly no joy at all, with the autograph hobbyists. I am of the opinion they have been exploited by fraudulent items in the past, and now they are "on a mission" to call everyone's attention to the perils of autographs in the market. They have gone from sincere hobbyists to zealous vigilantes, with the subplot of who deserves to be their leader. I have been burned in the past with some purchases I elected to make, as I believe we all have, but those episodes have not bitterly corroded my outlook toward the hobby. If these folks need a carthartic release, let them have their own forum. It can also serve as their support group. Other areas of collecting don't seem to need one.

Well said Paul;)